Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Frankston posted:

Everton have signed El Ghazi for... some reason

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1481673051238449156

An improvement on their other non-DCL striker options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jose posted:

everton really hosed up by hiring benitez when in their money taps have been turned off and he has to hunt for free players phase

He’s the only guy willing to put up with that poo poo and he seems emotionally cold enough not to care about fans hating him, so I think it was actually a smart choice on Moshiri’s part.

It wasn’t smart on Benitez’s part to take the job, though.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

tbp posted:

last time balotelli was in the premier league he was in the top 3 of worst strikers i've ever seen in the league. now that he's spent like the 7 years inbetween playing in Serie C and like the anatolian freedom fighters league or whatever, i have to imagine it'll be even worse

He'll probably score one or two amazing free kicks and say some hilarious poo poo in interviews, though.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

vyelkin posted:

supposed barcelona have told dembele to gently caress off because he's got six months left on his contract and doesn't want to sign a new one (probably because he's on crazy wages and barca can't afford to resign him for the same)

Is he still good? I remember him being injured a lot.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

paddyboat posted:

heads are exploding on twitter about luis diaz (porto) supposedly choosing liverpool over spurs and hell, i hope it’s true

FSG making a winter signing? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you…

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

tarbrush posted:

I wonder why Liverpool turned that down.

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1488168496135553030

Sounds like Minamino wants to stick it out and fight for a place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Something tells me Fabio Carvalho’s not going to get his physical in time.

EDIT: all sources I can see are indicating that the Carvalho transfer fell through. The clubs left it too late to complete all the necessary documents for a transfer and loan back.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 1, 2022