Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Modern Mandrake though it's like uh...I remember a thing about Narda being framed for jewel theft? And Mandrake busted into the courtroom right before the verdict was read and did...something, to some guy, which apparently made him confess? I guess? And I honestly don't have any idea if it's related to Grando or what's going on right now.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

NUT COUCH

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Funny Online Animals is a Tuesday/Thursday newspaper comic by K.C. Green, some nobody only famous for co-commentating on a Duck Dynasty Lets Play one time. The general framework is that it's about a collection of past characters from previous webcomics/projects working together at an online content company run by Question Hound (or the This Is Fine Dog if you only know Green's stuff from his pervasive online meme popularity). Or, like today, it focuses on something completely unrelated because it can. There's canon and storylines sometimes but otherwise it tends to be loose and continuity mostly just exists for running gags/"oh yeah this happened". It's a mixed bag of content and while not divisive it is hit or miss and tends to go unremarked upon. Mostly I'm just glad Green has a steady gig with a side bonus of making a lot of lovely comics site commenters be very confused and mad that Bimbo & The Greek or some other saccharine racist thing with big tits is no longer running and this took its spot.

And The Waitress Is Practicing Politics, As Funny Online Animals Slowly Get Stoned

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Prediction: Wilbur falls off the boat while drunk and drowns.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I'll be real, it's better than the original Zofie's World. ZW isn't a bad idea but it's also incredibly one-note and hasn't really done much to execute its concept well.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

loving Online Animals

I guess this is a Stinker arc type thing. Alrighty.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

rannum posted:

smooth operators here
And there was only one environmentally-protective tent.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Cobalt-60 posted:

Je ne parle pas francais. I don't get the joke; something about a misunderstanding?
He's imitating a chicken laying an egg because he doesn't know what egg is in French.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Happy loving new year.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

How Wonderful! posted:

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message "lol Wilbur Dead,"
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
MARY MARY MARY MARY (ah ah ah ah, ah ah)
WHY YOU GET THEM BACK TOGETHER (ah ah ah ah, ah ah)
I AWAIT A STUPID COPOUT (ah ah ah ah, ah ah)
MARY MARY MARY MARY (ah ah ah ah, ah ah)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qObzgUfCl28

(I know you're doing something else but the meter made me think of this song)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

It's a shame it happened, poor guy.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Funny Online Eraserhead Baby

I really love the jump cut from the top of the stairs to the bottom of the stairs with all of the action cut out, it's a good comedy beat.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/teaberryblue/status/1481101437388136457

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Those rock, nice work.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I know it's been said but Jesus Dethany quit your loving job.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

EasyEW posted:

I mentioned several times that the in-universe explanation is "blackmail", but sometimes you just gotta find those receipts. And turns out that storyline was slightly more nuanced than what I remember. But still vaguely unsettling, in the traditional Holbrook manner.

Amended: Dethany should kill her loving boss.

Funny Online Rage Zombie Outbreak

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

"no-neck" is uncommon and archaic slang for a thug, lunk, galoot, or possibly palooka
Oh I thought they were just slouching really low and sauntering in a cool punk sort of way.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Real-world physics: a rapid temperature change (being on a boat to seawater) can cause muscles to spasm and lock up leading to death, not to mention the impact being disorienting especially due to him being drunk.

How I actually feel: IDGAF how this shakes out I'm just glad something bad happened to Wilbur if only for a moment.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Mikl posted:

He's still sleeping on an air mattress on the floor??? It's loving been MONTHS. You'd expect they'd have bought a bed or a cot or something by now!
"Dustin is not allowed to win." -the management

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hobnob posted:

There's a bunch preserved in the graffiti at Pompeii, as I recall.
Famously archaeologists thought Pompeii was full of brothels and places where you could buy sex because that's what they classified every single building that had graffiti of a dick on it as.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

"lol" said the scorpion. "lmao"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

davidspackage posted:

I'm curious cause it looks cool, what's this a reference to?
The end of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

well now I'm worried there's something dreadfully wrong with pork sausage
Evergreen concerns about the health effects of fat and pork but also, uh, the previous days were pre-FDA so...those pork sausages, unless they were homemade, were likely full of unwanted amounts of feces, inedible filler, waste byproduct and human material. The raw milk is also hella dangerous.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

wasn't art beeman like 25 when he started drawing those things? that would put his birth after industrial milk pasteurization became a thing but before it was legally required for commercial sale
He was born in 1914, a solid 25 years after the pasteurization process was A Thing in America and 8 years after The Jungle caused public outcry that lead to the meat inspection acts.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Funny Online Angry People, Falling In Love, We're Completely Normal, Throwing Bottles At God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EehtkGu7Imk

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Holy poo poo the art growth in Crabgrass, that kicks rear end.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Fucksake Tombat get the gently caress out of your own comic strip again, knock it the gently caress off.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Funny The Empty Man Animals

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

He could also be hallucinating wildly but probably isn't.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The Bear Is Named Flathead and I Cannot Remember The Last Time They Were In This Comic

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Still Ongoing Animal Plotline

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm almost positive that if the wedding thing comes up, Wilbur will admit that his experience taught him that he's still really immature and still not ready for marriage. That seems almost like a guarantee. The real question is if Estelle will apologize for rejecting his proposal (bad), or if she'll be disappointed that he doesn't want to get married anymore (also bad).

I expect the worst possible outcome which is Estelle telling Wilbur she'll marry him and then they get married.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Oh thank god Estelle will probably not marry Wilbur.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

[sighs] Regrettably, I get the pun.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Funny Oh No Here We Go Again!!!!!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Why must all of Holbrook's trademark Cool Cool Glasses Failsons end up becoming coaches after a life of being a god or some kind of major social figure?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Kill your boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Zereth posted:

Ah, I see.

And she chose a melon.
Historically it works.