Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
we need like one every two weeks minimum

for instance

lamas day - like Lammas Day but we eat nice breads and watch Renegade, Falcon Crest and other such highlights in Lorenzo’s career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
alternatively, Lamaze Day, where we do Lamaze in lame. eat bread watch renegade afterwards

Twenty Four

For years I've been saying we should have two Halloween's a year. Spaced out, so another one in the spring I guess. Still rare enough to keep it special and something to look forward to, but just an extra dose of my favorite holiday so I don't miss it so much. I feel like it has to be the most fun holiday.

Just thinking of the recent ones, sure Christmas is great and I am sad to see it go, but I don't think I want the stress of two, especially since it now lasts so long. Two new years doesn't even make sense. But a second Halloween? Yeah, I can get behind that.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

teen witch posted:

alternatively, Lamaze Day, where we do Lamaze in lame. eat bread watch renegade afterwards

and on the day you're allowed to say "this day is lamazing" with no consequences

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Twenty Four posted:

For years I've been saying we should have two Halloween's a year. Spaced out, so another one in the spring I guess. Still rare enough to keep it special and something to look forward to, but just an extra dose of my favorite holiday so I don't miss it so much. I feel like it has to be the most fun holiday.

Just thinking of the recent ones, sure Christmas is great and I am sad to see it go, but I don't think I want the stress of two, especially since it now lasts so long. Two new years doesn't even make sense. But a second Halloween? Yeah, I can get behind that.

Could move ren fairs to spring, they are kinda like Halloween that you travel to. You still dress up get drunk and throw sharp objects across a field.

teen witch

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

and on the day you're allowed to say "this day is lamazing" with no consequences

yes, YES

pixaal posted:

Could move ren fairs to spring, they are kinda like Halloween that you travel to. You still dress up get drunk and throw sharp objects across a field.

Twenty Four posted:

I am fully on board with second Halloween in spring, as a Halloween supremacist. I sort of get it as witches are part of Easter lore in Sweden so it’s perfect for me, but like, always more.

more community group feasts as well. I want to stuff my face, get hammered, start an orgy, summon and/or invoke a spirits (malevolent, trickster or otherwise), and get to know my neighbors and townsfolk. I truly believe as a society we need to break down barriers via bacchanals.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
bubba gump shrimp day

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Twenty Four posted:

votin fer dis

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

gormless goblin

Twenty Four posted:

For years I've been saying we should have two Halloween's a year. Spaced out, so another one in the spring I guess.
I had brain problems reading this but my interpretation means that Spring Halloween is a spooky space holiday which probly means all the kids are dressed up as spacemen 'who never made it back'

teen witch
wait why don’t we have a holiday for space

Death Bot

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

teen witch posted:

we should absolutely get every moonday off

Heather Papps

hello friend

i will not be coming into work as caturday is a religious holiday in my belief system

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

We need some for August, the holiday void month

Here are a couple of ideas though they may not apply to all regions

Ohfugitsot Day, where you celebrate by gasping on the couch in your underwear with a fan trained on your face

Pots and Pans Day, where you bang pots and pans together to try to drown out the cicadas

First Day of School Day, where all the parents take off work and throw a raucous day drinking party

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

teen witch posted:

I've been saying this for years! YEARS!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Youtube tells me they got a national Hug Your Kookaburra day in Australia, and I think we could make this an international day where you hug your local wildlife.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

google THIS

If Australians can hug their local wildlife I figure there's no excuse for the rest of us

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

google THIS posted:

If Australians can hug their local wildlife I figure there's no excuse for the rest of us

Mountain lions will hug you, but only if you're not looking at them. They're very shy

pixaal

teen witch posted:

Because it isn't complete. When Albert Einstein died they found it and accidentally let it out of containment. No one has any idea what space is supposed to do or why Albert Einstein made it. We just know it isn't complete.

pixaal

Prior to this the sky was birds just nothing but birds

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I have very bad post-xmas blues today, and there's no reason for it whatsoever. The world does kind of suck at the moment, but my life is good. Maybe a second xmas in January would help.

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

hot cocoa on the couch

Dr. Honked posted:

I have very bad post-xmas blues today, and there's no reason for it whatsoever. The world does kind of suck at the moment, but my life is good. Maybe a second xmas in January would help.

post-refractory-period xmas

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

teen witch

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

post-refractory-period xmas

a second Xmas has hit the World Trade Center

pixaal

Jolliness levels are above 98%!!! I've never seen them over 71! Oh no we just hit 115%! Things are too jolly I repeat we are too jolly!

sig by owlhawk911

teen witch

pixaal posted:

Jolliness levels are above 98%!!! I've never seen them over 71! Oh no we just hit 115%! Things are too jolly I repeat we are too jolly!

folks we are hollying and jollying

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

pixaal posted:

Prior to this the sky was birds just nothing but birds

put space back in its place imho

google THIS

Pippin: We've had one Christmas, yes.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Twenty Four posted:

Fall Halloween should be New Years, so let it be that too, and replace New Years with something. And then a spring Un-Halloween.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Twenty Four

One of my best friends who I will be visiting tonight has a Halloween birthday and every year I give her a card that says "Happy Birthdayween" or something along those lines, so it's like a double holiday but I still really want a second mid-year Halloween. She wouldn't get an extra birthday card though. I'm definitely down for more festivities centered around my favorite holiday, but let's not be greedy here.

biosterous

spring halloween called neewollah but over time gets corrupted/shortened to "new wolla"

and then people who think that "voila" is "wolla" are now talking about a fun spring holiday instead of not understanding the spelling and pronunciation of a certain loanword

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

gormless goblin

Dr. Honked posted:

i think there'd be a goddamned riot if we had a second christmas in january. most people are really efficient these days and start complaining about christmas when the retail decorations go up on november 1st. we might just drive them off the edge, they might go crazy, let's do it

e: i also support new walla as long as Major Tom is its patron saint

pixaal

If we do Christmas II can we keep Krampus this time?

Actually can we just make it Krampus day and we get to hid dress up with horns and scare all the kids?

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

gormless goblin posted:

i think there'd be a goddamned riot if we had a second christmas in january. most people are really efficient these days and start complaining about christmas when the retail decorations go up on november 1st. we might just drive them off the edge, they might go crazy, let's do it

e: i also support new walla as long as Major Tom is its patron saint

along these lines, what can we do to make the christmas decorations go up even earlier? I'm thinking along the lines of an official Christmas Decorations Go Up Day where people spend a few hours working on getting thing looking festive then an afternoon and an evening of getting hosed up together on xmas beverages like eggnog, punch, and mulled cider? The kicker is that the holiday could be moved forward literally every year, with the goal of eventually making Christmas Decorations Go Up Day wrap around and begin on Nov. 26?

Christmas the whole year! the war on christmas can be over . . . if you want it!

ty nesamdoom!

Khanstant
i keep pushing for a third christmas in autumn, maybe one for spring too. chrimas in july and december isnt enough

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

teen witch posted:

a second Xmas has hit the World Trade Center

literally lolled and had to try to explain why to my stepdaughter

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN
Maybe April 20 should be a holiday of some kind?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Bacon Taco posted:

it's already Hitler's birthday AND the columbine tragedy anniversary. I'd name that one UNCHILL DAY I guess :shrug:

Twenty Four

Bacon Taco posted:

Areola Grande posted:

it's already Hitler's birthday AND the columbine tragedy anniversary. I'd name that one UNCHILL DAY I guess :shrug:

my birthday too, though, so it has that going for it

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Twenty Four posted:

my birthday too, though, so it has that going for it

At least you're not Hitler, posting buddy!

(you're not Hitler, right?)

pixaal

Bacon Taco posted:

At least you're not Hitler, posting buddy!

(you're not Hitler, right?)

But when Ünderland threw off the dictatorship of Baron Underbite they elected Girl Hitler their president. By all accounts she did a good job. Why be angry at an entire family because their great great grandpa was a jerk. I mean he was the biggest jerk in all of history but that doesn't mean everyone related to him is!

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Khanstant posted:

i keep pushing for a third christmas in autumn, maybe one for spring too. chrimas in july and december isnt enough

"Yule in July" has a special ring to it :stoked: