Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Raised By Birds posted:

Entering year 3 of "things shaped like a coronavirus particle".

Isn't there even more Olympics happening this year? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven’t checked out one of these threads in a year and a half. What I miss?

Stay tuned for the Kellies and you'll get the highlights

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
An excellent start to the 2022 Kellies

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

America sucks, and Biden is just trying to make the best of it.

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

duz posted:

What, you don't eat the rinds?

A classic

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/ldb63m/aita_for_refusing_to_participate_in_my_bfs/

quote:

So the morning came and his mom brought in some fresh oranges from the garden. We sat at the table and I was getting ready to peel my orange when I saw my bf’s mom BITE into her orange like it was an apple!!!With the peel still on!!! I was so stunned when I saw my bf and his dad do the same thing with their oranges, as if it were totally normal.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
scr*w B*den t* h*ck

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

cry more you oval office

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

SubG posted:

Cops straight up murdered a protestor advocating for reform, an ACAB cartoon.

Lol

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Nameless Pete posted:

Wanted to do an American Gothic parody, didn't wanna draw a house. Labels to the rescue.

Laziest non-Gorrell?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The positioning of that window offends me more than the dialogue. It's almost Rallian.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
You gotta love that the Taker has a man bun and an earplug

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Matt actually tells silly jokes unlike almost every other cartoonist which is often "look at this bad person doing this bad thing!" and Prickly City which somehow despite using words tells nothing at all.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Mordaedil posted:

Just noticed that the maze is just a bunch of tiled images of the same pattern, but there's an extra layer of the pattern on top of the entire thing, clearly misplaced.

He puts effort into being that lazy, god drat it!!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
HE REMEMBERED

HE REMEMBERED TO TELL A JOKE :siren:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Tibalt posted:

Shouldn't they increase precautions if cases are getting worse? Why would easing them be the response to surpassing England?

You know the answer.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
When I think backstab metaphors, the first one I go to is the classic snake-in-a-box

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

oobey posted:

I went to his site to get the real image, because I was curious what the tombstones said originally.

Absolutely shocking to find out it was the original. Incredible.

Lol same

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

RoboRodent posted:

This, rather than a moth larvae or fly maggot or some other type of young insect that infests fruit trees, is clearly an earthworm.

I suppose an earthworm might eat an apple if the apple was being composted and it encountered it that way, as to my knowledge, earthworms cannot climb trees.

AGC: the education system is garbage, and teachers unions are trying to turn it into something useful, like compost.

Not only all that but the apple has clearly been eaten, and not by that worm.

Education has been eaten away by republicans and somehow, thankfully, teacher unions have survived and deterred any further damage. AGC

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Terrible Opinions posted:

I can tell you that McDonalds specifically refuses to pay even remotely enough for the outsourced IT they use. Specifically they refuse to pay for contracts that cover night time or weekends. So if a credit card machine is broken or a cash register craps out there is no work done until 9-5 normal weekdays. Any hypothetical robot replacement would be broken all the time.

TIL the ice cream machine is AI

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

This is the scott adams who has been caught making accounts on message boards pretending to be someone else defending him, scott adams is aware of anyone insulting him anywhere on the globe like a spidey sense

Expect a PM from a newly registered user by lunchtime.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

I think this started as a cartoon about how most Australian states are hopefully reaching the peak of Omicron infections and what happens next but the actual rat labelled "rat" going on about Dr. Fauci throws it off a little.

Kellies nomination: worst label

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kartikeya posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1483831433726951426?s=20 When you use a Branco cartoon as a visual on the House floor.

I can't even begin to imagine how insufferably smug Branco is about this situation.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Where are they? Is that a bar? Is that a sofa in the bar? Is that a giant window behind the bar?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Absolutely unhinged.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Gun control amirite?? :nallears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Wow god drat

E: well it seems that is from a website called
occidentaldissent.com which far as I can tell is a literal nazi website. We're looking at A Wyatt Mann levels of racist cartoons here.

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 24, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

By popular demand posted:

People should learn about Mansa Musa, the king who's Hajj was so opulent it ruined many kingdoms' economy.
People love hearing about bling.

I'll take any excuse to plug this podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUT6LhBBYs

(the story of Mansa Musa is but a sidenote in the episode but I don't care, it's all good)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It's actually really good (well, most of them, especially the later videos). But it can also be extremely cringe. This one is probably the least cringe because it doesn't feature actual people cosplaying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ver1OZdK2bA

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It's MISTER Potato Penis-haver Head!!! :mad:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
E: ^^ :argh:

Pants Donkey posted:

Open the Blood Gaytes

LGBTQ rights are coming and there's dick all anyone can do about it, and it will return kids' mental health to its natural state of peaceful oneness with this inclusive world, rather than the artificial fantasy of seclusion built up by meddling idiots. AGC

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

What is going on with that man's chin

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Why the little insert panel? I thought it was a guy on the TV at first. I hate it when he does this sort of "multi panel" comic. He could have done two linked speech bubbles here and the joke would have been fine.

Also I know this might just be a simple pun but I suspect Al is upset that the government is issuing commands at all? Does he not know what a government is?

In other news Henry gets to do a cool vroom vroom! :allears:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Kellies nomination: worst label

Kellies nomination: worst position for a television

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Raised By Birds posted:

"Chicom" will always sound really dated to me, no matter how many times Ben says it.

Absolutely love that all the groups are represented by actual people held within the prison walls, except for Taiwan which is the country itself with a target on it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
They're his teeth. It's probably the most exaggerated caricature of anyone in the thread. I kinda like it but it's also kinda terrible.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kartikeya posted:

Wow, six whole burglaries, a true record.

Also, this dude appears to be robbing a hotel room.

What kind of hotel room would have :siren: HUNTER BIDEN'S ART :siren: on the wall

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Epic High Five posted:

Not very happy that Branco is holding off on whether or not Biden having his pants around his ankles is going to be a visual metaphor going forward or not

The sippy cup was off-and-on before it finally ascended to the pantheon of Biden props. Sometimes you gotta road test them for a bit before they get the lifetime appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Lmao

If you want to start your joke with a headline you gotta have someone holding a newspaper, you can't just pick the "kitchen table conversation" format and have one of them announce it out of the blue