Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought Asay died

Not according to Wikipedia at least. He's 79 now so probably will grace this existence for some while.

I really would love to hear his opinion now, as almost octogenerian, on this cartoon and corona, and if he trusts Democrats or Republicans to try to protect his generation from the pandemic more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Do you really want to hear Asay's opinions on the pandemic? He probably thinks it's fake, or that death holds no fear for a good christian man.
(is that a real cartoon of his or an edit of ours? I think it's the former but I may be missing a joke)

It's an Asay original, the joke being that insurance agent is of course more interested in respecting your dignity because you paid them, while the government bureaucrat only thinks of how much you cost to the government. Obviously.

Here's a Vyelkin edit:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Asay loving loves insurance companies, I'm too lazy to go find it but I'm sure someone will post that cartoon where people are watching TV with something like "The media only reports bad news!" and the TV saying "Courts devastated thousands of Americans without homes after Katrina after ruling in favor of insurance companies" and everyone watching frowning to "When they could have reported it like this!" with the TV saying "Insurance companies scored a huge victory when courts ruled people couldn't rip them off by rewriting their contracts!" with the family smiling.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

You, an idiot: "it's bad that people are suffering"
Me, a genius: "it's good that some people are benefiting from other people suffering"

Notice also how the text even admits that it would be millions sharing the losses of thousands. It's not like the nation would die if each 1000 families helped 1 family to rebuild their home.

It's pure evil selfishness, and what makes it worse is that people like Asay pretend to be Christians. They want to ban birth control and abortion, which the religion takes no clear stance on, but will not give everything to help the poor, which Christianity is all about.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Jesus christ the feet. Also they actually produce the product being sold, so as insufferable as some super celebrities can be at least they are actually making something instead of leeching off an executive spot.

Not sure I agree with the bolded part, I mean a record or a movie or even a book is a collaborative process where the production company, publisher, distributors etc. have a huge role and there are lots of people involved besides the celebrity. Their earning model also tends to be more complex than a non-lawyer would understand. With the exception to those celebrities who also are CEO's of their own production companies.

But gently caress them all, does the rat think that "Country Girl" thinks that Kim Kardashian should be excluded from taxation and everything?

AND WHY ARE NONE OF YOUR EXAMPLES COUNTRY ARTISTS WHEN THE QUESTION COMES FROM "COUNTRY GIRL" FROM INDIANA, RAT???

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Is it supposed to be a bad thing that criminals have to pay taxes?

I don't even understand the objection, doesn't Garrison want to be tough on crime post-Floyd (until Ben gets a speeding ticket), do conservatives want crime to not only pay but pay tax-free?

And hasn't this been the practise forever, like if you are found to have been smuggling (tobacco, booze, illegal drugs) they will charge you for avoided taxes in addition to the smuggling charges? You will be fined for tax avoidance AND be made to pay the tax.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

Is... is this even a political cartoon? What is the possible message here? It's just saying "hey, the continental US kinda sorta looks like a wing!" That's not a political commentary, that's barely even a comment

USA needs to expand to the Caribbean big time and build a land bridge through Cuba and Haiti to Puerto Rico, and beyond.

I think it's just an illustration for an article, it doesn't seem to have a message on its own. But we'll never know the context.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

idgi

(except I sort of guessed that the cacti with swastika armbands doing sieg heils to the picture of Hitler might be nazis, but thanks for the label)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Right, thanks. :tipshat: I was thinking maybe it's the flag of some Pacific island nation because the blue bottom half, well, it doesn't exactly match with my image of Arizona...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Vagabong posted:

Even the hitler swastika is doing a little heil, just in case someone missed the message.

However I think credit deserves to be given for how klan hoods have been incorporated into the flag. That's clever design.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cPs2SzShNc

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Stop treading on the West, rear end in a top hat!

PowerBeard posted:

Australia and New Zealand, famously known for being the West.

He means white, doesn't he?

Eh, you know they're part of the cultural sphere or something, being British colonies and all. This is like acting wild that Israel has won Eurovision Song Contest several times!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Republicans posted:

Is this pro or anti-Babbitt?

The trotskist antifa supersoldier is holding a sweater saying "Let's go Ashli Babbit". "Let's go" is contemporary American English for ye olde phrase "gently caress you", so the left are therefore anti-Babbit. A reasonable reader at this point comes to the conclusion that Mike Lester is a hack who beats his wife.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It's hilarious how Branco keeps drawing Biden as a senile sleepy ghoul, meanwhile Garrison draws him as a dynamic well toned man of action. I guess Ben has figured out that locking him into just one archetype is way too limiting, but just look at that Joe. How am I supposed to know if Biden is good or bad, there's not even fangs?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ow, my appendix is inflammated. I'd better go to the Lil' Hospital and operate it!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

By popular demand posted:

One can only hope. Is Scott Adams even aware of Garrison?

He's blocked Ben at some point :v:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rall doesn't specify which missiles Nato has placed at Russia's border. Defensive Patriot missiles? He also doesn't mention that Russia has placed offensive Iskander ballistic missiles in Kaliningrad. That's curious.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

disposablewords posted:

Only when he's bloviating, then his face looks like an anus about to prolapse.

Which one is his orgasm face?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....yeah, that certainly seems like the bigger story here

The linked article is from February 2021. What kind of decoy is a marketing campaign 11 months after the news?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tarragon posted:

Did something happen to Finland that I should know about?

Fixed:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I have always wondered if judges are provided gavels or if you have to buy their own.

Then they would be boughtls. Or soldls?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kids' mental health is my primary concern, which is why I support conversion therapy and denying access to any sex and gender education (aka. 'critical gender theory').

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sorry doggo, it happened about 154 dog years ago.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

rydiafan posted:

I'm morbidly curious what that op-ed author thinks was the critical thing left out of the Constitution.

Edit: I caved in and checked. The two things I learned are that that website is 80% pop-up ads, and the author thinks the Constitution should say "Kamala Harris isn't allowed to be on the supreme court".

Well they had that implicitly covered, what with putting a female slave into the SCOTUS wouldn't have been possible.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Someone should ask the Tenneesee board of education's opinion about My War With Brian. I would give it a 50% chance of getting approval because it teaches kids a "stand your ground (or just kill them when opportunity rises)" attitude.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Is there a reason why the handmaid is levitating in panel 5?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Dubar posted:

Garrison's "lincoln set this country on a path toward slavery" is certainly a take

Hundreds of millions enslaved by Lincoln's invention, taxes

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

A republic, in which each ethnic, racial, religious etc. group had an equal representation in senate, would be the best. Otherwise the racial majority group could dominate the nation which might result in bad things. Glad that Benny-Gee agrees.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I really hate it how Lester is just drafting his cartoons and not even trying to bother to properly finish them. Erase those lines! :argh:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

There is a particular cartoon I have been trying to find but haven't had any luck. I'm positive I saw it here, because it's the only place I see political cartoons. I'm sorry, I have no idea who drew it, and it was from many years ago.

It was Obama flying on a giant "Hope" symbol, while herding white conservatives into Walmarts that had been converted into FEMA camps. It was Operation Jade Helm adjacent. Does this ring any bells ?

Do you have any mental image of the artistic style?

David Dees springs to my mind except there's no Obama on this one.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That's Glenn, though. Good luck finding anything close to that from Gary.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

Ah yes, Batman. Famous for having a living mother he has a strained relationship with

It was Batman's fault that she became a widow, hence his motto: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Neito posted:

I get that they desperately want Hillary to run for president, but has Bill done... ANYTHING relevant in the last handful of years?

He strangled Epstein with his own hands.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

So just... nobody should ever have bail? Really?

Bails? Letting them have loving trials lets these criminals get away with their filth! Just lock 'em up and throw away the key :clint:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I like it how Garrison is so drat sure the Ukrainians will now release the Hunter Biden piss tapes or something after which Trump will become president again and take Hillary to prison :allears:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mikl posted:

Ah, yes. Putin, noted for having the exact same political ideology as Marx and Stalin; who, in fact, had the same political ideology as each other, with no differences at all.

And actually, Putin became Prime Minister of Russia right after Stalin went out of power. There was no one in the interim. Not at all. Why do you ask?

I like it that they're giving him the evil eye, but otherwise, yes. Putin even disavowed Lenin for creating Ukraine out of nothing and causing all of this...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

rodbeard posted:

Growing up as a closeted gay man under Nazi occupation really did a number on him.

The nazis were his brothers in arms, actually. He served as lieutenant in anti-aircraft troops.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The flag is upside down and I choose to believe that is a deliberate artistic choice by a very politically savvy six year old :3:

Upside down flag signals distress, AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

lol you'd expect by now drinky duck has learned not to make predictions of what will dominate the news cycle two weeks from now