Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mr. Squishy posted:

Do you really want to hear Asay's opinions on the pandemic? He probably thinks it's fake, or that death holds no fear for a good christian man.
(is that a real cartoon of his or an edit of ours? I think it's the former but I may be missing a joke)

Asay loving loves insurance companies, I'm too lazy to go find it but I'm sure someone will post that cartoon where people are watching TV with something like "The media only reports bad news!" and the TV saying "Courts devastated thousands of Americans without homes after Katrina after ruling in favor of insurance companies" and everyone watching frowning to "When they could have reported it like this!" with the TV saying "Insurance companies scored a huge victory when courts ruled people couldn't rip them off by rewriting their contracts!" with the family smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Hang on. Are they now saying that's not what "Let's go Brandon" means?

I can't read the cartoon any other way but that, but that can't be what the message is.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Someone in Congress said "Let's Go Brandon" when they were talking about how bad Biden's agenda was and how it would ruin America.

There's straight up no way to plausibly deny that it means "gently caress Joe Biden" so I have no idea what the lesser McCoy is trying to accomplish here. Everyone knows what it means, especially since the reason it became a right wing meme was to say that the mainstream media was lying to cover up the fact people were chanting "gently caress Joe Biden."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I think he's acknowledge it once but he resorted to whataboutism, basically "Why do liberals care about Trump visiting the island a few times when Bill Clinton visited it so many more times?"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The search on Garrison's site sucks poo poo, and I'm too lazy to go through every rant where he might have namedropped Epstein, but here's the only definitive thing I could find about him acknowledging Trump hanging out with Epstein:

quote:

Also disgusting is the FakeNews corporate media trying to frame President Trump as Epstein’s best buddy when in fact Trump banned him from Mar a Lago when he found out what Epstein was. Trump also voluntarily released info about the pedophile to the FBI.

So as far as I can tell, he's completely ignored that Trump is on the flight logs and even made a joke on camera about how "Epstein likes them young" in favor of "The media is lying and Trump actually doesn't like Epstein at all!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

America without racism? How terrible! It might as well not even exist if there's no racism!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Unfortunately "children are magically immune to covid" has been a right wing talking point for quite some time and thus this fails at being a parody of what right wingers might believe in a hundred years, since it's already happening.

He tends to fly under the radar and get overshadowed by Lester and Ramirez but goddamn it always pisses me off to see Stiglich's incredible racism on display.

Plus this is also a great example of that shining right wing gem, "Liberals are hypocritical this way, which is bad. I am hypocritical in the exact opposite way, which is good."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Garrison just low key admitting that the only reason it wasn't an insurrection is that it failed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I just realized I hadn't seen TTDB in this thread in ages, and now I'm reminded of how much I missed it, because this is fantastic.

The GOP is going to handily win the USA unopposed this year because the Dems can't bother to put up any sort of opposition. An Accurate Cartoon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I hadn't heard that the NY Times wanted to publish some Project Veritas poo poo. I know they've basically always been bad, they never had any problem letting lovely chuds write opinion pieces for them, but I had no idea they'd gotten that bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Not a joke, I just hadn't heard the story, and the Rall cartoon/text made it sound like the NYT was going to publish a Project Veritas story as if it were factual.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It should be noted that it was in the 70s and almost hit 80 degrees a few times for nearly all of December here in Virginia, which as I've said before is completely and utterly unprecedented.

So lol at Payne jumping on the "IF GLOBAL WARMING THEN WHY SNOW" the second the record highs are gone.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

We used to get a few days of snow, and now we’re lucky to get one day with enough snow to disrupt anything. It was so hot the day before that the snow couldn’t even accumulate on the ground.

In this part of Virginia we haven't gotten a good snow in years, most of the time we'll get a couple of inches overnight and it'll be nearly all melted by noon the next day. And even those snows have been getting less frequent over time.

Also in this part of VA we were under a burn ban for a while because we hadn't gotten any rain in over a month, which is kind of crazy too. I'm used to summer not having any rain, but fall and winter is usually when we get most rain here. We were in severe drought which I can't remember happening much if at all before. There's a bridge in town that goes over the Dan River, and for about half the year last year, there was a large sandbar in it because the river had gotten so low. I don't remember ever seeing a sandbar in the Dan River when I was a kid, and now it's there so much that it actually feels weird when it's gone.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

No see the Trump supporters just stood around in the Capitol building going "What is this place, why are we here, we have no idea what to do!" it was the BLM/Antifa folks who broke windows and stole podiums and carried zip ties to restrain members of Congress with. This is why Ashlee Babbit is a murder victim, because she was just confused and scared and didn't know what was going on and wasn't doing anything except standing around, and the police shot her for no reason.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's funny because if the man squad or whatever hadn't broken into the prison to rescue someone who was going to die in an hour anyway then the "mostly peaceful stampede" (gently caress you Ishida) wouldn't have happened. It almost feels intentional but it probably isn't since rescuing 2021 is a Good Thing in Ishida's mind I'm sure, especially since they also ended up rescuing the TERF lady.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Does anyone have the "What people think the president does" cartoon with the ECONOMY and GAS PRICES levers? Having trouble finding it.

e: vvvvvv Thank you, much appreciated! :tipshat:

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 9, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I regularly find Matt amusing and I hate that I do.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right wingers would never use 9/11 as an excuse to sell lovely merchandise, nope, no sir.

Oh hey the sippy cup is gone! I wonder if he couldn't figure out a way to fit it in, or maybe he forgot it since it's been a while since he's drawn Biden.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah there used to be a lot more "Is Fishman actually secretly a leftist who's just doing this for a paycheck?" posts when he first started doing strips, but he's put out enough hateful transphobic poo poo at this point that people realized it wasn't the case.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

UZworm posted:

It's incredibly funny watching republicans claim THERE WAS NO PARTY SWITCH and then immediately talk about the KKK being a democrat institution

You say that as if Republicans don't claim that the KKK is still full of Democrats.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I wonder if Fishman will carry on Tinsley's hateful, racist tradition of talking about "Squirrel Appreciation Day."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

*sighs* Skelley's right.

He still sucks and is a bad cartoonist though.

I hope Stiglich gets his arms and vocal chords mangled beyond repair in an accident so he can never draw, write or speak his stupid, hateful poo poo ever again.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Holy poo poo Rall really is that loving stupid, god drat.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ben Garrison, famous for his respectfulness towards women.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That's why Tinsley would go off about Squirrel Appreciation Day instead of acknowledging that MLK existed, because that strip looks really loving dumb when you remember the multiple strips Tinsley drew where he depicted minorities as sharks or carnivorous dinosaurs, and liberals as the dumb prey going "Maybe they're nice people!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

As someone who buys groceries weekly.... what are they talking about?

I just went grocery shopping at the Food Lion here in southern central VA a few hours ago and the shelves actually were a bit more empty than usual. Not completely empty, but some bare spots here and there. Notably the barest shelves were instant ramen and bread, which were practically completely empty. Frozen chicken was also pretty slim pickings, as was bottled water and milk.

Though to be fair, we had a winter storm pass through here over the weekend and BUY ALL THE BREAD AND MILK is the number one response to weather reports mentioning the word "snow" in this part of the country. And the shelves weren't completely bare, I just had a lot less selection, like having to buy the lovely expensive Dave's Bread because it was the only thing left, and getting regular chicken patties instead of the spicy ones. I think I'll live, though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Movie theaters are losing money due to the pandemic. They don't like losing money and want people to start going to the movie theater again. Here are humorous examples of things a movie theater company might do/say to make people go to the movie theater again despite the danger.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wait, every other right wing media figure is talking about how Biden is too senile and weak to stand up to the Russian threat, but Tucker Carlson is saying "Actually, it's good that Russia is doing this, and Biden should let them"?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Garrison is anti-war right up until Biden avoids or ends a war and then he's a weak clumsy coward.

Yeah reminder that Garrison kept saying we need to leave Afghanistan and that Biden would never do it because he's a bad president that loves war so much, and then when Biden did it, Garrison called him bad for doing it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

kartikeya posted:

When you use a Branco cartoon as a visual on the House floor.

Further proof that Branco is by far the most successful cartoonist posted in this thread.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

In addition to the inauguration speech thing, a lot of it is based on right wingers saying there's no way Biden is going to run again in 2024, and Kamala Harris is so incredibly unpopular that even the Dems know better than to run her, so who's going to get the nomination? Hillary is the only other slightly popular Dem that would fit, and so the right is sure that she'll run again because of that. I think it's also driven by a desire to see Trump run again too, and have 2024 be Trump vs Hillary all over again.

Honestly though they're completely right about Harris being unpopular (not that that'd stop them from running her anyway), but we'll have to see on Biden. His mental state definitely could get worse in the next three years, but if it stays about the same, he'll probably run again.

Poor Biden, he was trying to deliver Unity to the American people, but Manchin and Sinema sabotaged him.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

At first I thought this cartoon was dumb but now I think it's great, it's absolutely spot on. A casual observer would look at the situation and think "Oh, they've got Trump cornered," but the dogs are actually unable to reach Trump and can't do anything to him. Trump is completely safe, while all the dogs can do is make a bunch of noise.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Marxism is when the talking candy wears sneakers and the more sneakers they wear the more Marxist it is.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

As an additional note I'm surprised that her dumb rant about "black lives matter" didn't include an attack on abortion. I thought for sure that was where it was headed. She must not be feeling well after being exposed to the horrible Marxism of a cartoon character wearing different shoes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

They literally always assume it's affirmative action because in their mind a minority can never actually be the better choice. To them, a white person is always the best fit for any job or promotion, they're always the most qualified, because whites are better and to not choose that means that someone put their thumb on the scale. There can be no other reason. It betrays, nakedly, their opinion that whites are always better, and it's hilarious to see Garrison trying to project that as if it were the system's fault.

Not only that, he's trying to speak for minorities in saying "Boy it most really bother them that they can't be sure if they got their job because of affirmative action. It must be terrible for them, if only we got rid of it it would ease their minds for sure." Like they're just straight up implying that even minorities know they're not as good as white people, and so they must feel so guilty about how they've taken a job from a much more deserving white man. Plus the hilarious idea that a black guy would go "I'd rather have not been hired for this job and be homeless and starving than have gotten this job through affirmative action!"

Jagged Jim posted:

Also a club would totally prevent a dude from sneaking up on you unaware and caving your skull in with a giant rock. :rolleyes:

Yeah even in the comic he drew it's a situation where the dude having a wooden club wouldn't help him at all. At best you could say "Yeah but maybe one of those cavemen in the foreground could use his wooden club to save that guy" but one, running up and hitting a guy holding a giant rock like that would cause him to drop the rock, which would kill the guy sitting down anyway. Two, they could help that guy right now even without wooden clubs because all they'd have to do is yell "Hey Thagg, run!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's funny how old people like to talk about how "kids these days have it easy" and that whiny millennials should toughen up and realize that nothing worth doing is easy.

And then Tom Hanks says "Yeah, I agree, having it tough makes us great people, because it makes us stronger" and those same old people are all "No having it hard sucks and things should be easier! What an idiot saying that things being hard is good!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm assuming that at some point Xi commented on the US calling out China's human rights violations, and he likely said something along the lines of "The US has no room to call us out on these alleged actions when they're not even a proper democracy due to disenfranchising their own citizens."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wow it sure is terrible to have a president who insults the press and hurls insults and bullies people. A president who says he wants to unite people and claims he's a friend to the black community, but whose actions show that he is lying. A completely unprecedented situation that never occurred before Biden.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Actually what is the context for the "Biden showered with his daughter" thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Its not like you have to make things up to cast Biden as being creepy around young women and girls.

Exactly, this is why I wanted to know if the "Biden showered with his daughter" comment was based on something Biden actually said/wrote, because sure they could have just made it up completely, but it would be weird to make up something creepy from out of nowhere when there's plenty of actual things.