Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Gutter Phoenix posted:

That's a question for a Magic 8 Ball or Ouija board, but I'll answer it anyway: No.

Wanna know why?

Because it's a beanless chili dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
gently caress me that’s a lot of words.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Gutter Phoenix posted:

That's a question for a Magic 8 Ball or Ouija board, but I'll answer it anyway: No.

Wanna know why?

Yes, but I asked because this is a practical question and I want a practical, reasoned answer. A ouija board or magic 8 ball can't give me a practical answer, because ghosts and magic are known to be extremely hosed up and not reasonable at all. have you ever tried to reason with a ghost?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Actually, that's not true. Hateful people are ugly and unattractive. Anyone who treats others poorly will be a lovely and selfish lover. That is a fact.

Roald Dahl posted:

If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

That's also why people shouldn't gently caress giant peaches.

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 2, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Bargearse posted:

gently caress me that’s a lot of words.

It's OK. The LORD has given us a bountiful harvest. We can spare them.

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 2, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Xlorp posted:

Because it's a beanless chili dog

Well, yes, but also, no.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

signalnoise posted:

Yes, but I asked because this is a practical question and I want a practical, reasoned answer. A ouija board or magic 8 ball can't give me a practical answer, because ghosts and magic are known to be extremely hosed up and not reasonable at all. have you ever tried to reason with a ghost?

Don't answer a question with another question. Haven't you learned anything?

No picture for you.

Pictures are for winners.

I'm not going to tell you the answer now. LOL!!!

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Money does not equate to happiness. You cannot buy wisdom. It has to be earned through struggle, pain, and misery. It sucks, but you have to endure it if you want to rise above your animal self and become a happy, self-confident, intelligent human being.

Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
What's your position on the philosophical conundrum "If you ain't vannin', you ain't poo poo?"

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Don't answer a question with another question. Haven't you learned anything?

No picture for you.

Pictures are for winners.

I'm not going to tell you the answer now. LOL!!!

Sounds like something a ghost would say

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
LESSON SIXTEEN: THE CONCEPT OF THE HIGH ECHELON WHOLLY SELF-MADE MAN IS A MYTH

And that's even if the person didn't have one heck of a head start like Trump or Musk did with their fathers. The presented narrative is "Work hard and you can achieve anything!" and the stories told are "This guy worked his rear end off and look at how much he succeeded!" The part that they never say is "Work hard...and network with as many people as possible, because it's connections that will nearly always play the biggest role besides working hard." I'm sure there's a rare exception or two, but if you're pointing to a rare exception among rare exceptions and claiming that can and will work for everyone, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I do like the whole 'You can't cheat an honest man' idea, because every con's roots lie in the person being scammed thinking they're doing the scamming, that they're getting one up on the person presenting the scam. A wholly honest person generally won't want to do that, and hence they'll look at what's presented and go "Wait a minute..."

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I dunno OP, DOCTOR JORDAN KERMIT J PETERSON got it down to a simple 10 but here we're on 16 already?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

signalnoise posted:

Riddle me this

If the pillsbury doughboy got baked and became a breadman and then shoved lunchmeat between his asscheeks would that qualify as a sandwich

a croissantwich, yes. Sandwich, debatable.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I already told you I'm NOT paying to be in your sex cult op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Honest men get cheated all the time, they just don't notice :grin:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AKZ posted:

a croissantwich, yes. Sandwich, debatable.

Sweet as butta
Flaky dough
Lemme see dat lobsta roll

*pointing at rear end cheek*
To tha leff
To tha leff
Now the tha right
Now the tha right

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Cobalt-60 posted:

What's your position on the philosophical conundrum "If you ain't vannin', you ain't poo poo?"

That is what is known as a "UNIVERSAL TRUTH."

Another example would be "Gas, Grass, or rear end -- Nobody Rides for Free."

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Scientist posted:

Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God

There we go!

See this guy gets it.

However, let us always remember that Aeschylus
was supposedly killed when an eagle dropped a turtle on his bald head.

Even that story, true or not, teaches us that life is not fair.

Nonetheless, that's no reason to be an rear end hole.

If you put in the work to be a better person, you will be rewarded with knowledge and self-discovery. A fuckin' eagle might drop a turtle on your head and kill you, but that isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

I dunno OP, DOCTOR JORDAN KERMIT J PETERSON got it down to a simple 10 but here we're on 16 already?

Numbers don't matter. Numbers are a fiction created by man, and man isn't very smart in the grand scheme of things.

Don't like that answer? Tell it to your dumbass math teacher. LOL!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

signalnoise posted:

Sounds like something a ghost would say

Tell it to Patrick Swayze.

Which reminds me: your homework is to watch Roadhouse 100 times.

Also, smoking cigarettes will kill you, so don't do it.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

I already told you I'm NOT paying to be in your sex cult op

I never asked for money, BBC.

That's how you know I'm honest.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Honest men get cheated all the time, they just don't notice :grin:

:wrong:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

LESSON SIXTEEN: THE CONCEPT OF THE HIGH ECHELON WHOLLY SELF-MADE MAN IS A MYTH

And that's even if the person didn't have one heck of a head start like Trump or Musk did with their fathers. The presented narrative is "Work hard and you can achieve anything!" and the stories told are "This guy worked his rear end off and look at how much he succeeded!" The part that they never say is "Work hard...and network with as many people as possible, because it's connections that will nearly always play the biggest role besides working hard." I'm sure there's a rare exception or two, but if you're pointing to a rare exception among rare exceptions and claiming that can and will work for everyone, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I do like the whole 'You can't cheat an honest man' idea, because every con's roots lie in the person being scammed thinking they're doing the scamming, that they're getting one up on the person presenting the scam. A wholly honest person generally won't want to do that, and hence they'll look at what's presented and go "Wait a minute..."

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Here's how a person can be a genocidal psychopath and still be a "good" person. Think of life like the boardgame RISK with players and rules and winning conditions, except the rules say that the player who uses the pieces of a specific color is the hero and all the other colors are evil, and the hero wins the game by exterminating all the evil colors and the rules give him a poo poo ton of unfair advantages to make this a lot easier because he's the hero. The hero is still a good person even though his victims aren't truly evil, because the rules say he's good and those people are evil and the rules command the hero to win the game by cleansing the world of all evil.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

Here's how a person can be a genocidal psychopath and still be a "good" person. Think of life like the boardgame RISK with players and rules and winning conditions, except the rules say that the player who uses the pieces of a specific color is the hero and all the other colors are evil, and the hero wins the game by exterminating all the evil colors and the rules give him a poo poo ton of unfair advantages to make this a lot easier because he's the hero. The hero is still a good person even though his victims aren't truly evil, because the rules say he's good and those people are evil and the rules command the hero to win the game by cleansing the world of all evil.

You have the power to create and live by house rules, with the consent of the governed.

Use evil tools to create chaos and reap the karma forever

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Rules are made to be broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqJf1EOn6X0

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
congrats on reaching the exact enlightenment level of an 18 year old frat guy smoking weed for the first time OP

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

It's time for further study of ancillary materials.

Read these books:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Technically only the hero is allowed to break the rules but the other players should go ahead and break them anyway by beating the poo poo out of the hero because the only other option for them is death and the hero is his avatar.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I'm Crap posted:

congrats on reaching the exact enlightenment level of an 18 year old frat guy smoking weed for the first time OP

Eat poo poo, pussy. Take your pissbitch comments to reddit for likes or whatever, you fuckin' imbecile.

I once was where you are now, but where I am now you'll never be.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Technically only the hero is allowed to break the rules but the other players should go ahead and break them anyway by beating the poo poo out of the hero because the only other option for them is death and the hero is his avatar.

Technicalities only work in games. Games are a child's play.

"In play, the child is free, but it is an an illusory freedom."

-- Lev Vygotsky

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I think I prefer the much simpler and much more practical Iron Shiek twitter feed version of this thread

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

signalnoise posted:

I think I prefer the much simpler and much more practical Iron Shiek twitter feed version of this thread

You have that freedom of choice, friend.

Here's how this works:

If you are serious, we can learn together.

If you wanna gently caress around, that's fine, but it's just play, like dogs rolling around on the floor.

If you wanna try to talk poo poo to me, I'll gently caress you up.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Technicalities only work in games. Games are a child's play.

"In play, the child is free, but it is an an illusory freedom."

-- Lev Vygotsky

You know what sucks? Girl children don't even have that illusory freedom because they aren't allowed to play with anything other than barbie dolls.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Eat poo poo, pussy. Take your pissbitch comments to reddit for likes or whatever, you fuckin' imbecile.

I once was where you are now, but where I am now you'll never be.

whoa bro. you sound hell of cool, real tough, not mad, super calm and like a real erudite smart motehfucker right now, not at all like the most tedious aggy bro in the room. LESSON NO 1. EVERYONE I DON'T LIKE IS A SHITLICKER. WHAT IF LIKE, THE COLOR BLUE YOU SEE IS LIKE DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE I SEE MAN. I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO THINK ANY OF THIS

You are to philosophy what this guy is to fine cuisine:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao, gottem.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

You know what sucks? Girl children don't even have that illusory freedom because they aren't allowed to play with anything other than barbie dolls.

Shittily parented girl children.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I'm Crap posted:

whoa bro. you sound hell of cool, real tough, not mad, super calm and like a real erudite smart motehfucker right now, not at all like the most tedious aggy bro in the room. LESSON NO 1. EVERYONE I DON'T LIKE IS A SHITLICKER. WHAT IF LIKE, THE COLOR BLUE YOU SEE IS LIKE DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE I SEE MAN. I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO THINK ANY OF THIS

You are to philosophy what this guy is to fine cuisine:

Cry some more, pissbitch.

Also, gently caress off.

It's easy to poo poo all over something instead of creating something worthwhile. After all, that's how you were born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Women have a more difficult lot in life than men do, that's for sure.