Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Her current series is MAO, which is what if Inuyasha but Taisho

Neat, is it any good?

For that matter, how was her series prior to that and did the anime adaption get through the whole thing?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If there's no more Kiyo in Kyoto, this will be a poo poo year.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clownpiece

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yZNsx-OMs

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

clownpiece of poo poo

Is what I would say, if I didn't like Clownpiece

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dogsicle posted:

mostly i think people bristle at the commerciality of reviving UY like this, not helped by it coming in the door with the rumors of troubled production at davidpro both for it and what we can obv see with the ongoing Stone Ocean adaptation

giving an established property to new blood always carries a chance to produce exciting stuff, but i guess i'm really feeling the misgivings even as someone barely versed in either OG UY

yeah it just sucks to see one of the higher quality studios spread themselves thin for a remake of an already good show. there's so little upside to this sort of project

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

poo poo, I should rewatch this.

Also the hyphen in the thread title must mean julias is talking about something else. Like vampire tubers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah it just sucks to see one of the higher quality studios spread themselves thin for a remake of an already good show. there's so little upside to this sort of project

To be honest I personally think Ranma deserves a revival more than UY does (it’s the only adaption of Takahashi’s work that didn’t finish the manga if I recall correctly).

Even with Takahashi's typical meandering/plodding forever to get anywhere, it does have a lot more character development and some interesting stuff the anime never touched that would be great to finally see animated such as the Musk Dynasty and Ryu Kumon...and I suppose the Bird People/Saffron at the end (the arc was weak even if it was the final one though I do like it finally gave more long-needed world building to Jusenkyo itself)

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

I Am Fowl posted:

poo poo, I should rewatch this.

Also the hyphen in the thread title must mean julias is talking about something else. Like vampire tubers.

Livestreamers that wear the V for Vendetta mask. Understandable why that would be banned.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
New year is happening, anime is still good https://youtu.be/87K5Uh3AML0

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Time to talk about Tubers

I like the guy who opens locks in under a minute and Scott “the woz” sometimes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jerma is a vtuber

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

I like sweet potatoes

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Jerusalem artichokes are really great Tubers that unfortunately turn your colon into a tuba if you don't slowly acclimate your intestinal flora to them.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bWiR6PeHI

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

centuries long grudges have been held as a result of tuber famines

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Watch Ranking of Kings, you nerds!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

AlternateNu posted:

Watch Ranking of Kings, you nerds!

is the ranking based on superchat earnings or viewing hours?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ranking of tubers

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Julias posted:

New thread rule: Don't talk about v-tubers or post their content here. I will probate you.

Welcome to 2022.

OP has broken the thread rule and should be probed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

El Burbo posted:

i have been watching a lot of Summoning Salt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Namtab posted:

ranking of tubers

Can't go wrong with good ol Potato. Can mash em, boil em, bake em, fry em and chip em

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

symbolic posted:

i have been watching a lot of Summoning Salt

I've been watching a lot of Modern Martial Artist and Sideways lately. Highly recommended if you're a boxing or music nerd.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sideways is an extremely good channel

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

El Burbo posted:

I like thew! he's a dork who was doing handicam transformers reviews for almost nobody and then suddenly the algorithm shined upon him a few years back and he's gotten a pretty decent following since, including multiple people who make transformers toys and the shows themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8wmuX7VutE&hd=1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Defunctland is a great channel and the recent Fast Pass video is great and had a few laugh out loud moments

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Defunctland is a great channel and the recent Fast Pass video is great and had a few laugh out loud moments

I've had that show up in my recommended videos a few times but didn't check it out. Maybe I will now, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
RMC is good because Neil is a lovely old man and somehow the least annoying brit ever but after watching stuff there my skin gets clammy and I feel the urge to buy an Amiga 1200

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Their videos are long but yeah, they're all high quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjZpBq1XBE

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Nah, it's all about that marble racing. What could be more anime than a gold medalist sports team that was formed when the founders got so heated when arguing about sports they ate the entire stock of a dumpling restaurant?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Dragon Ball Z FighterZ ran out of Raid Bosses so Lythero and his friends fought the 3 Idiots and I was stunned how funny they were off the cuff. I assumed most of it was editing streams down to the highlights.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The urusei yatsura remake is going to be bad like shaman king

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Their Jim Henson docuseries is the go-to if you want the history of the Muppets or anything regarding Henson’s life.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm pretty sure this thread is allowed one, moderator mandated vtuber under the "no homers" rule, but I'm not going to post about it beyond this joke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

julias by making it the thread title the entire thread has become vtuber themed.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
V-Tubers is the new five member claymation singing group from Idaho

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glad to see julias do, literally anything at all re: The Vtuber Problem. I accept that as a victory and you are all welcome. however,

thread closed.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Free snail.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Free snail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

ADTRW from now on only allows discussion about Seinen office manga featuring middle-aged people in non-sexual relationships to keep the creeps out.