Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
pretty sure there's an entire subforum devoted to posting things you like a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aurora posted:

stair's ready to eat the probe

Stairmaster posted:

theres this one tuber i like named pomu

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rip

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

imp zone?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

there is but it's not the one you think

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

marumaru posted:

is there somewhere in SA where people post good youtubes? i like to watch youtubes while having lunch/dinner but the algorithm is really unreliable
i mostly stick to adtrw and a select few game threads so i have no idea where to look for it
if you're just looking for stuff to watch from good youtubers, here's a bunch of good channels to check out:
Mandalore Gaming - funny, well-edited, informative game reviews
Kurzgesagt - In A Nutshell - my favorite youtube channel, educational gorgeously-animated shorts
Vet Ranch - vets treating animals and putting them up for adoption after
Drawfee - four artists draw stuff and do challenges
Fall of Civilizations - what it says on the tin
Let's Game It Out - hilarious videos of a guy breaking games over his knee
Selen Tatsuki - an entertaining pro gamer and DEFINITELY not a vtuber go away julias
Video Game Animation Study - does some neat videos on, well, video game animation
Kruggsmash - does hand-drawn let's plays of Dwarf Fortress, one of my Big Favorites
Kenny Lauderdale - reviews old anime and investigates insanely obscure anime
Felix Colgrave - wild-rear end hand-drawn animations with an incredibly unique style
628DirtRooster - professional beekeeper who records his adventures going and excising beehives from houses or destroying yellowjacket nests
Brian David Gilbert - an amazing video maker who has made some of the best video game skits on youtube with his Unraveled series
Chip Cheezum - my favorite LPer ever bar none, also a goon, his Metal Gear Rising and Wonderful 101 LPs are legendary
SNESdrunk - short, informative, well-edited reviews for a shitload of games
Noclip - professionally-made longform video game documentaries with behind-the-scenes stuff
Games Done Quick the legendary speedrunning event archives, just search for a game you want to see speedran and go
Classics of Game - weird, contextless clips from often extremely obscure video games
Simone Giertz - cool inventor lady who became a pretty big internet sensation and even appeared on Colbert once
Scishow - whole lot of usually-short videos of sciencey stuff covering a ton of topics
Joel Haver - lots of short films sometimes done in a really neat rotoscoped animation style
Inugami Korone - a channel where a dog plays video games

I hope this has helped you find things to watch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

another martyr huh

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

if you're just looking for stuff to watch from good youtubers, here's a bunch of good channels to check out:
Kurzgesagt - In A Nutshell - my favorite youtube channel, educational gorgeously-animated shorts
Selen Tatsuki - an entertaining pro gamer and DEFINITELY not a vtuber go away julias
Video Game Animation Study - does some neat videos on, well, video game animation
Kruggsmash - does hand-drawn let's plays of Dwarf Fortress, one of my Big Favorites
Felix Colgrave - wild-rear end hand-drawn animations with an incredibly unique style
628DirtRooster - professional beekeeper who records his adventures going and excising beehives from houses or destroying yellowjacket nests
Brian David Gilbert - an amazing video maker who has made some of the best video game skits on youtube with his Unraveled series
Chip Cheezum - my favorite LPer ever bar none, also a goon, his Metal Gear Rising and Wonderful 101 LPs are legendary
Noclip - professionally-made longform video game documentaries with behind-the-scenes stuff
Games Done Quick the legendary speedrunning event archives, just search for a game you want to see speedran and go
Classics of Game - weird, contextless clips from often extremely obscure video games
Simone Giertz - cool inventor lady who became a pretty big internet sensation and even appeared on Colbert once
Scishow - whole lot of usually-short videos of sciencey stuff covering a ton of topics
Joel Haver - lots of short films sometimes done in a really neat rotoscoped animation style

Thanks for the recs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

get this man's rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

time for the probe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

wait a loving minute!!!

*throws wine glass down*

that last one is a vtuber!!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he also snuck selen in there

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exactly one loving rule

tho Let's Game It Out owns, thank you

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

People really tryin to be sneaky with this huh

smh

Anyway i like beatmario

's touhou doujin music work

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

great effortpost, subbed to most of them except the 2 really bad ones, thanks!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

El Burbo posted:

People really tryin to be sneaky with this huh

smh

Anyway i like beatmario

's touhou doujin music work

New thread, post blue reimu

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Some more recs

Noah Caldwell-Gervais (does long but entertaining videogame essays, usually covering a whole franchise in one video) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5CYeHPLer3lbEhgonvbbAA
Civvie11 - does mostly retro FPSes but dives into more obscure Eurojank and stuff on occasion. Don't let his love for Postal fool you, he's a decent guy https://www.youtube.com/c/Civvie11
Jacob Geller - does thoughtful, interesting short essays using videogames as a jumping off point https://www.youtube.com/c/JacobGeller

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
me, making an informative list of youtube channels for the person looking for things to watch

you, the people explaining the joke

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

get ready to eat a sixer you sick gently caress

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Your mistake was putting korone at the bottom

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That said, I admire your bravery

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I really like https://www.youtube.com/c/OverlySarcasticProductionsChannel/videos

They do myth, trope and history breakdowns/summaries.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
i'm going to make a seventeen hour video about tim rogers' youtube channel

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

New thread, post blue reimu

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=93395541

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what's she from

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ok close this thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I got a good blue reimu

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Mokinokaro posted:

Some more recs

Noah Caldwell-Gervais (does long but entertaining videogame essays, usually covering a whole franchise in one video) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5CYeHPLer3lbEhgonvbbAA
Civvie11 - does mostly retro FPSes but dives into more obscure Eurojank and stuff on occasion. Don't let his love for Postal fool you, he's a decent guy https://www.youtube.com/c/Civvie11
Jacob Geller - does thoughtful, interesting short essays using videogames as a jumping off point https://www.youtube.com/c/JacobGeller

These are really top tier youtube channel recs. My account is pretty hosed by having 770+ subscriptions over like 15 years, I really should unsubscribe everything and start again, but I'm scared I'll lose ... something ... that I still want :ohdear:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

what's she from

touhou, it's this fictional universe people make music of (and i think some people even made fangames of the music)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Lor posted:

My account is pretty hosed by having 770+ subscriptions over like 15 years

these posts just doubled my subbed channel count lol

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Namtab posted:

I got a good blue reimu

here have another

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Who

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's not Reimu

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's not Reimu

It is a Reimu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/c/Food4Dogs/videos

heres an old lady who reviews nothing but jrpgs and visual novels

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's not Reimu

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s a fake reimu but I still want to know what it’s from

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Namtab posted:

I'm not allowed to say

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Food4Dogs/videos

heres an old lady who reviews nothing but jrpgs and visual novels

Lmao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

marumaru posted:

these posts just doubled my subbed channel count lol
please watch Double King, one of my favorite animations ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4&hd=1

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's not Reimu
it's Technically Reimu, the best kind of reimu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Namtab posted:

If it's who I think it is, it's verboten

(I'm not sure, the one I'm thinking of usually has a creepy hat on)