Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Namtab posted:

Let it go to court
Can't wait for some middle-aged lawyer to bring up the guy who got his pelvis shattered.

Now we'll finally have proof whether or not that incident was real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've been to a few shrines and this is barely an exaggeration for some of them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shinto deities are not well-known for their strong stance on wheelchair accessibility.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

marumaru posted:

I finished reading Hinamatsuri. It was so good :'(
Finishing (good) manga always makes me a bit sad
Oh, did that wrap up? I'd put it on hold a few years ago.

Time to pick it up again.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Text alone is often a poor conduit for intention when engaging in impulse-driven, rapid-fire conversation; doubly so when the local posting culture involves people expressing themselves through several layers of ironic detachment. At some point someone's going to misconstrue something, even if everyone in the moment is just trying to be sincere. This is a problem with Internet communication at large, though also Something Awful in particular.

Take it from me, a guy who only recently learned a poster I thought hated me for years actually didn't. Not that it kept me up nights or anything, but if you'd asked me to put money on it, I'd have lost ten dollars.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Perhaps the real posting enemies were the friends we made along the way.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Namtab posted:

Akagi is gambling
Is the Washizu match still going?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Great! Time to read it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pokemon was probably my first anime but I didn't really see it that way at the time. Pokemon was Pokemon, the hit show based off the best-selling game I was playing. What's anime? I guess there's also this Digimon thing but that just looks like a rip-off of Pokemon so I'll just watch Pokemon (I was not especially media literate at this time). There was also My Neighbor Totoro, which was obviously Japanese, but I didn't see that as the tip of anything larger. It was just that movie from Japan I liked.

I eventually became aware of anime as a specific category of media thanks to Toonami, though most of the shows they advertised either didn't appeal or were scheduled for an inconvenient time slot. The anime block was after school, but my parents had a strict "Homework first" policy, so by the time I was finished the block was over.

FullMetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood) was the first show I was actually able to sit down and watch. I thought it was pretty cool. Then I picked up the manga and thought it was even better, and here we are.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

in more recent news I’ve reached the point in Demon Slayer where an eclectic group of twelve elite warriors is dropped onto the screen and I don’t think I can go through this again
I haven't kept up with Demon Slayer at all but were they good guys or bad guys.

In my experience it works for the bad guys but not so much for the good guys.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Big RIP.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

*A bunch of evil weirdos show up.*

Oh man, I can't wait to see the protagonist and their best buds go up against these guys, who have just enough personality and visual flair to accent the handful of battles they'll be involved in before dying.

*A bunch of helpful weirdos show up.*

Oh geez, I can't believe the protagonist and their best buds' character development is going to be sidelined so these jokers can maybe contribute but probably not.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kubo literally can't tell a story without introducing a new batch of fashionable professionals every half-hour.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Post the council, I wanna see 'em.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Patware posted:

he just wants to design people which is why its baffling he's not a big name character designer already
When I saw he got a gig doing character designs for Sakura Wars I thought "Good, that's perfect, just keep doing this." Dude can't write or draw interesting backgrounds, but he can absolutely draw good-looking anime people.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That Harry Shayk is one bad mudda.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Eagerly awaiting the chapter where Kubo reveals this council answers to an even higher council.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pretty sure Samurai Deeper Kyo is still the series that gets the most councils deep. Every single bad guy in that story secretly answered to another group of badder, even more secretive guys.

Covok posted:

Wing Bind is secretly Soul Society Western Branch, so they do report to Squad 0.
Stupendous.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

She's a Hunter x Hunter crossover character.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Mod's through.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

marumaru posted:

If I remember this video right he makes mostly good points other than the usual "24 fps is the ideal framerate for anything that isn't a game" take that everyone in the industry repeats.
They're wrong. It'd be sick to have 40fps anime battle sequences, just literally financially impossible and technically extremely challenging (animators have been doing 24fps or less keyed animation for the last 600 years, they'd have to relearn it)
To me it kinda feels like the cgi anime discussion. Most of it does suck, but then you have orange perfectly blending it with traditional animation in hnk and it owns. Likewise the awesome sakuga scenes we all love are "higher framerate" than normal anime scenes. It's plenty good enough but maybe it'd be awesome to have even more frames? Just not feasible
That said all these horrible interpolated anime videos are disgusting and until we have extremely advanced ai that strushg/straight up draws more frames as a real human would it'll never work
Animation at a higher frame rate looks good when it was tailored for it, but people who speed up the frame rate (like that FMA clip) and claim it looks better or "Smoother" are idiots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The FMA clip is specifically taking the piss, what they did was run it through an interpolation and then remove all of the original frames, leaving only the mushy interpolated frames.
Oh, okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010