Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't get blown to Oz by a tornado today so we're off to a promising start :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

chat thread ops should be strictly once per user imo

what happens when everyone has had a turn

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

Time to talk about Tubers

I like sweet potatoes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV9spqCzSkQ

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I'm going back to watching shounen for the same reason 14 year old me did: shipping

it's the best reason

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

sa-poo-ga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
thought "getting off" was something we weren't supposed to be talking about

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

My phone lets me say whores

ban

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
seeing the word "whores" makes me remember the professor I had for a seminar on Faulkner who got a big kick out of saying it like "hoo-ers" and talking about the corncob in Sanctuary

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

what was it like having Danny Devito teach you

He was more like two Danny Devitos stacked on top of each other, huge guy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Completely out of nowhere, I got the desire to re-read Ore Monogatari.
So I'm going to do that.

when you're done check out My Love Mix-Up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
namdab

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol I was wondering if it was just going to be a list of popular shonen stuff

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Start reading manhwas I guess

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

you'd think companies would make it easy for you to use the services you pay them for

you'd think, but try streaming with a slow connection sometime

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're supposed to be announcing a bunch of new Haikyuu projects this year, hopefully at least one of them is more anime
https://twitter.com/Haikyu_EN/status/1477142586724864000?s=20

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's not a fanfic-only phenomenon anymore!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
very rude

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
my taste has grown super basic and I can't watch or read really heavy, emotionally tragic stuff anymore, I just end up dreading the next chapter or episode until I finally drop it because it stresses me out. it's like, I really appreciate what this is doing but I'm gonna leave it for the people who can enjoy that kind of thing and go enjoy something chill and happy instead.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
twitter is a hellsite but I do enjoy having a feed I've curated to deliver a non-stop stream of ship art from various fandoms

kind of tragic when an artist gets a new obsession and suddenly all they post is cookies or something though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can make a thread and be the only (or main person) posting; it's all just shouting into a void anyway and someone might engage with you because you'd be in the thread for your show and they would know that's the place to talk about the show, vs trying to engage people who may or may not have even watched it in a thread that's not really made for deep dives into specific content.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
if your internet isn't fast enough to stream videos Funimation helpfully lets you download episodes to watch offline (to a mobile app) but the subs end up so out of sync that it's unwatchable :buddy:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
are you aware that there is a seasonal thread, every season, that lists all the shows airing that season and people talk about those shows, in that seasonal thread

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1488991191987363853?s=20&t=Xadp2H-D7Rst05dPNuHWyg

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's one of the shows that's notable to me for being one I rated highly but couldn't finish because it was just too heavy for me to get through so it kinda serves as a good example of content I appreciate but can't actually watch.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
???
generally it looks like any other kind of fiction they're just using other people's characters.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it can be helpful to keep track of things like, if a manga artist consistently does things that you dislike, who they are so you know to avoid their work or at least to be prepared for what you're likely to find within

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Put mangaupdates.com in your bookmarks because it's a good resource for tracking new releases and manga you've read/want to read, but also there's info on authors and artists like their other works & short bios (usually links to their social media too where they might post art or publication news). It's handy if you run across a mangaka you don't know much about to see what else they've put out, and the user-designated content tags on all the entries can give you a heads up about content (in a very broad, general way) that you might like/dislike in their work.

e: this is also useful for anime in the case of adaptions because you can see what the source material had in it, which may not map 1:1 to the adaption but can still kind of give you a broad frame of reference.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lurking Haro posted:

While we're at Princesses, what are your opinions on Shamanic Princess and it's weird switched chronological order?
The opening bops at least.

I liked it when I watched it like 20 years ago but idk how I'd feel about it now. iirc it had some interesting stuff going on, character-wise.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've seen a lot of fujos into Tokyo Ghoul so if you have interest in shipping there's apparently good material there

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have to be careful where I read stuff because it makes me cry all the time. I was sitting in my office reading a webtoon chapter that got into some sad backstory for a character and was like oh no here it comes and had to suck it in before anyone saw me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that only applies if you are actually Dark Schneider

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the nail polish color I'm wearing is called Space Cowboy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
bacon spike

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
1-8 of the projects are in this thread, still 2 more to be announced
https://twitter.com/Haikyu_EN/status/1495414984003751936?s=20&t=eVQCxpIHTDV4lqNNeFvDDQ

present-day one-shot sounds like a lot of fun :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm very much looking forward to the English release of the BL isekai manga about an accountant who gets portaled into a fantasy world where he continues to be an accountant (and also gets a hot knight boyfriend)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
can I play Elden Ring offline or is it an online/multiplayer thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
nice, all I had seen was people talking about servers and connecting and also I played some other games offline like Conan Exiles and Monster Hunter solo/offline and the balance kinda sucked so I was afraid it was the kind of thing where you *can* play offline but it wasn't really intended for it.