Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

ADTRW from now on only allows discussion about Seinen office manga featuring middle-aged people in non-sexual relationships to keep the creeps out.

loving finally. The era of old men manga reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

finally got around to reading gundam the origin and didn't expect this talk in the back with a professor/writer/martial artist who offhandely goes "yeah one piece is basic compared to astro boy, but makes sense with the kids beating the poo poo out of each other and all"

This is cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

People razzed me and got all upset when I said that years ago. Oh how the tables have turned.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I don't deserve this punishment for the sins of others

Jesus you're baal. I thought you were a newbie

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it wasn't a problem back then

now toei is actually letting people make one piece good and mappa is doing blood rituals to release adaptations of some of the biggest shonen currently going in a single year

If I were a sakuga lover I would find that simply epic. Setting yourself to be in opposition to the mainstream still means defining yourself by the mainstream as a metric! It is not true freedom!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

marumaru posted:

is there an anime that fullfills the following conditions
- some characters are attractive, others are average, and some are below average-looking
- both in-universe and to us, the spectators (as in, the designs of the characters themselves range from below average to above average in terms of attractiveness)
- that also applies to the female characters of the show, who aren't all sporting chest sizes requiring composite material bras and victorian-era waists
- the characters' varying levels of attractiveness isn't just played as a gag / uglier characters aren't constantly made fun of but instead they just exist like normal people

FLAG
The Hakkenden

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

marumaru posted:

as a Real Anime Fan i appreciated OPM season 2 a whole lot more than season 1 because the terrible animation means the real soul of anime could be experienced all the more profoundly. get filtered, normies

Unironically agree.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I liked the defunctland about the hideously unsafe water park that decapitated test dummies and served beer to minors and every ride and water slide gave people bloody noses and concussions and everyone who went there regards it as a rite of passage and foundational to their development as a human being

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

it's pretty good til the final arc

The red light arc is the worst part

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm tied exactly with Motto somehow so I can only make a post here when they do.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm already ahead. poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I had it on my to-read list for a long time and didn't know anything except the main dude, pochita, and power were characters and that was it

binged it over the last two days, that was a hell of a rollercoaster ride, not perfect, and the ending felt a bit abrupt, but real wild all the same

the dynamic between aki, denji and power was fantastic throughout
Hell yeah dude :cheers: