Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Namtab posted:

How dare you close my chat thread, you will pay for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sideways is an extremely good channel

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Argona posted:

New chat thread, new post for the stats.

If I was interested in watching some Red Letter Media stuff besides the star wars prequel reviews from way back when, where would I start?

Don't

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

(Best of the Worst is generally good I guess, I just don't like a lot of their opinions outside of that, even their prequel videos haven't held up for me)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh yeah? Well, I think it's cool when the animation is bad. Guess I just appreciate anime more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

homeless snail posted:

you mean this one?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

theres a sort of mecha show from the 2000s called brigadoon where the entire cast has color names, but the american guy is named 'Mike White.'

The White Lotus guy????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have faith the Somnium sequel will be good, I really like that Mizuki is the protagonist, but I heard that they're trying not to spoil the first game which means Date probably won't be in it at all, which is a minor bummer

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BlitznBurst posted:

far as I can tell the prevailing assumption right now is that the game will be taking place after the Mizuki route which means it technically won't spoil anything in the true route.

ah I see, that would make sense

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got like halfway through Hyouka once and never finished it. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show I'm just very easily distracted.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is that scene from Sanjuro the one where there's just a loving geyser of blood?

Man, I should get back into Kurosawa

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkkF6Zz67TE

I was right

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waypoint occasionally is valuable as like, the only people who will talk about certain perspectives that games media just refuses to touch, but part of my disconnect from that site was that often that they would put out an article criticizing a game I had literally never heard of before for problematic gameplay elements or whatnot. It's fine to get people to think about that stuff, but when that's the only meaningful coverage of the game I can find it just kind of makes me feel bad for the developers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the anime of it all

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It is based on a manga, and I don't know if it's better but it's at least not all filler like the second season of the anime is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I only very rarely have the capacity to cry at media, but when I was rereading Drum Island in One Piece recently and went back to the anime version for both Chopper's backstory and the big climax as he leaves... I was definitely welling up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vigilantes is extremely good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My fear is it won't ever get animated because the opening chapters are just extremely horny in a way MHA generally is not

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just fundamentally do not vibe with HxH, but Yorknew was all right I guess

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mmm yummy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DoubleDonut posted:

what if you used more bacon instead of bread?

If we're going this far you should probably cut out the middleman, skip the sandwich and just inject caulk directly into your arteries.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can understand being worried that Dynazenon would overexplain Gridman, but it instead introduces a ton of its own new concepts and explains them way, way less than Gridman ever did.

It's pretty cool.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shinjobi posted:

Stumbled upon this in the wild

I'm glad you finally found your own car

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

homeless snail posted:

I will absolutely be posting about vtubers in the chat thread baal. are you stronger than julias? we shall see.

Hmm seems like you could maybe wait, like, five minutes before posting this, everyone here is very tired

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

All I know about Dexter is "Surprise motherfucker" and lumberjacks and I'm happy with that level of knowledge

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked Hannibal a lot tho

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Picross 3D Round 2 is amazing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

StandardVC10 posted:

Did the Shirobako movie ever come out?

Yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Homeless Friend posted:

i hate those mf'ers. get off the fuckin road

I was going to make a Zero Time Dilemma joke but it's not worth the effort for that game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

six billion people died because i chose to avoid making that joke

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

brb rewatching Stains;Gate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

King poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gundam build fighters try (and fail to make a good show!!!!)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't actually seen try i'm just (gundam build fighters) trying to fit in

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's presumably a Netflix dub so I'm not holding out hope, there's zero chance they get back Laura Bailey or Daran Norris, for instance

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I Am Fowl posted:

Wasn't the time limit on Tiger's power down to so small that in the epilogue he was barely able to do hero stuff? Wonder how that's gonna play out.

At the end of the second movie (which is really good, you should watch it) Tiger almost retires but the public reaction from his fans pushes him to stay in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think it's as simple as "engage with this massive multimedia franchise in any way and you hate trans people" but it's definitely worth considering that Joanne is going to receive direct royalties from the game while actively spouting her TERF garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just finally watched the last three episodes of Deca-Dence. I don't know why people say that show falls off, sure it peaked with episode 5 but I really enjoyed it the whole way through.