Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's weird to me that Netflix is distributing Tiger and Bunny season 2 and also has the original season on the platform, but they never bothered to get the second movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao anyone want stock tips

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's on Funi, hasn't migrated to Crunchyroll yet

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the yakuza 7 dub is fuckin awesome

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

counterpoint: dubs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm surprised so much of this trailer was just like stuff from the first season. The key art and the end of the trailer do suggest that some original content is going to happen, but yeah, I'm willing to also just see RWBY with good animation and writing.

They'd better have some original content, because like nothing happens in the first two seasons lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh right, yeah. I forgot about that. There's a season one episode that's seriously like eight minutes long.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

marumaru posted:

so is this what tiktok is like :stare: it's like i'm watching ADHD

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7078674951892438298

as someone with ADHD

no

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guess South America just appreciates it more than us

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

:iiaca:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYnzEeIbWjs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When he's right, he's right

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually really liked Gojo's dub VA, he didn't do the Zach Aguilar thing of overselling the nervous energy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a place for the absurd cartoon voice, but in those cases you really want, like, Aleks Le, who's capable of turning the incredibly grating nature of, say, Zenitsu into comedy while displaying truly impressive stamina and range.

Too often, they'll just get Zach Aguilar to play fairly bland characters like Tanjiro or Koichi and his "shounen" voice will get pretty annoying, fast. I'm not trying to bag on Aguilar, I really liked him in 13 Sentinels where he got to play a more subdued character, but he gets miscast a lot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lost to the wind.........

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

Have they mentioned how/when they're finishing off the AoT anime yet?

I believe they said four one-hour episodes some time next year?

E: apparently this wasn't actually confirmed!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Attack on Titan: The Final Season: The Final Season

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How will the heathens who did not partake of Anime Sunday be punished

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A fitting end

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

#1 is probably yams, #2 is, idk, Mega64

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guy: gently caress!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Stairmaster posted:

i didint meant it im sorry

coward

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A fifth Karen has hit the forums

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

verbal enema posted:

Colonel Karen's plane was shot down over the sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

I was absolutely gong to do this one next if you didn't

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sb hermit posted:

Everything Everywhere is VERY good.

Ke Huy Quan deserves every award

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Woof

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're games because we understand them as games, they're sold as games, they utilize the same audio-visual mediums as games, we interact with them at our own pace like games.

On that note, I've been going through Robotics;Notes lately and the way the chapters work in that one is loving bonkers (though I'm sure someone's done it before, I don't actually play that many VNs).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Clarste posted:

No objection to the rest, but certainly we can interact with books at our own pace?

Sure, but I might also argue that the precise mechanism through which dialogue is delivered in a VN is a combination of a book and a film or, yes, a game, because it's more like something you passively absorb most of the time and it's more cumbersome to go back and reread sections even if there's a log.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

A Funko Pop is a game because they're sold at Gamestop.

This is the only truth

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a fake gamer

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

I'm a fake gamer

by which I mean, I only play FFXIV

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Red Minjo posted:

I like the implication that comas are voluntary

Buddy, I wish

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's just for May.

Kind of weird that they still don't have, like, the dub of the original Steins;Gate on there yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cowboy Bebop definitely is. Slayers does not appear to be.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't really like Gurren Lagann any more but isn't 5 the first Viral episode, that's a bad place to sto--no wait, that's 3, 5 is the Rossiu episode, yeah, ditch

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think Imaishi is a very good storyteller honestly, and my favorite things he's done have either worked in spite of his lack of focus (Promare) or were so utterly insane that they're nothing but idiosyncrasies and don't even bother trying to stitch together a narrative most of the time, veering headfirst into self-parody whenever they're actually forced to (PSG).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

On my ranking of Imaishi stuff, it's Promare >> PSG >>> Luluco >>>>> Gurren Lagann > that one episode of Visions.

On this chart, Kill la Kill lives in hell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Even casting aside the indefensibly gross scenes involving Satsuki and Ragyo, the back half of that show is about forty semi-interesting premises that never get satisfactorily explored because the show just rapid-fire leaps from one to the next.

And then it turns into Sonic Adventure 2.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Colonel posted:

i dont watch english dubs

hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wish I could have watched some anime today on this Sunday, but it is not Anime Sunday