Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
chat thread ops should be strictly once per user imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

what happens when everyone has had a turn

then the desired end goal is at hand

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
polsy can unperson this thread from the graphs, its fine

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
sakuga fans are fail

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
i dont give a crap about the shounen, the big twitter people keep hyping up shows like bakuten that end up being extremely mid at best

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going back to watching shounen for the same reason 14 year old me did: shipping

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurora posted:

do you have any gintama ships

kagura/okita, gintoki/hijikata

that said, the gintama interest peaked in 2015 for me, so its not been something i've actively sought out for a couple years

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
how do you think you're characterizing 150 of the bad guy's goons with 3 pages

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

One thing that really holds me back in the common "I want to live in Japan!" weeb fantasy is that I'm really not very keen on rules for the sake of rules and absolute, unquestionable authority. I imagine I'd legitimately have a very hard time integrating because of it. Even just studying the language annoys me sometimes with the whole "this person is above you, you must use an extra-formal form when addressing them and they can use a casual/rough form when addressing you" thing.

Have you never written a professional email

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The hardest part of grad school was getting used to calling professors by their first names 😔

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gifs are always going to be out of sync sometimes because they're loaded independently by your computer.

If you want them synced they have to be a single image.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

oh sidem is still going, huh that's

wait a second

Still going, in the sense they killed their first mobage and made a new one

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the sjws in the white bitch forest

well speaking of dead mobage

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

fwiw when i went there it was Tanaka is Always Listless, which was a fairly liked seasonal sol/comedy about a lazy boy, his friend who carries him places, a tiny annoying(?) cute girl, and a delinquent looking girl among others

seems to be the same for everyone

here's another randomizer tho https://spin.moe/

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
it doesnt need any login, just set the condition to random

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
People keep asking for chat thread stats but where's my more critical five year discord word cloud update

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao the exact tie in 16th tho

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

That's a shame. Still worth a watch at all?

some people in adtrw got mad at some parts of the show (the boss is rude :(), but really its biggest sin is that virtually nothing happens in it. any hint of drama is given at most an episode or two to pretend to be an issue before being solved forever

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
seriously did you inherit this account from an older relative

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
All manga is worthless now that I've exhausted the top 25 manga list recommended by 13 year old boys

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kaoruko is whatever

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
are you also watching it at 1.2x playback speed

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It went to the places of putting the card game front and center but still not explaining anything so it's hard to follow and hard to care

I guess it better serves the purpose of actually advertising the cards and coincides with the seven years late english tcg localization, but there was like no marketing on that front either

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blank Construct posted:

where's the tcg show paced like kaiji

vanguard g has an ep where a guy gets baited into betting the controlling share of his family's company on a drafted game (and loses)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I got like halfway through Hyouka once and never finished it. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show I'm just very easily distracted.

the school festival arc is too long

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tabletops posted:

Finished up haikyuu!!

Pretty good overall. It’s really sad the coaches VA died mid production. I never really got used to the new guy. Also really unfortunate timing on s4 wrt Covid. The production … suffered pretty bad.

Since the mangas done, hopefully it’ll get finished? Though considering the pacing in the anime is pretty glacial I’m not sure it’d even be done with nationals until s6.

I wonder if they’ll tackle the post nationals stuff at all? Maybe a movie or some OVAs though I’m not sure haikyuu is really relevant enough anymore for a movie. No idea how popular it is considering it’s been 6 years since s3

The production issues were pre Covid (well somewhat). They just moved their A team in animation off for another project (presumably one of the Fate movies going on at the same time). So everything had to be scaled down in complexity to accommodate the less experienced animators

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

this tweet is fine because hinata isnt on it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
they never did answer me about being 14 or not

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

it'd be pretty impressive if someone who was -6 bought an account

yeah thats why i asked if they inherited the account

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
jonathan is ftw

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
why does this thread just keep attracting the most infantile takes

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

how dare you say my love for beastars is infantile

bitch

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gilgamesh / Enkidu

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Revenge blue balled me hard by having the detective going "I'm gonna expose the zombies," finding out they're 100% really zombies, and then going "you know what never mind."

They set this plot thread up in s1 and produced absolutely nothing from it!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes and I think it's very lame how that all shook out.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pointless to bring it up when they weren't gonna change the status quo at all. And anyway who was gonna believe the guy about the girls being zombies? It was logistically an empty threat narratively.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
we're in this thread posting about the ills of idol culture while enjoying a medium that systematically exploits and kills people

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mycophobia posted:

do you have to be such a downer all the time

pretty hypocrtical to throw stones if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
the moral posturing is stupid when it's a. fictional idols, b. a thinly veiled attempt to have a "legitimate" reason to dismiss thing i don't like, and c. bandwagoned by people who don't and won't ever care to ever read more into the subject