Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my toes are cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mostly i think people bristle at the commerciality of reviving UY like this, not helped by it coming in the door with the rumors of troubled production at davidpro both for it and what we can obv see with the ongoing Stone Ocean adaptation

giving an established property to new blood always carries a chance to produce exciting stuff, but i guess i'm really feeling the misgivings even as someone barely versed in either OG UY

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

get this man's rear end

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

interesting, so if we change society we can get rid of one piece

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

why would dogsicle do this to me

it's only the one i see most sucked-off online, of course we also will need to get rid of things like jjk and csm by the same method

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the second someone puts the title of your shonen manga and sakuga in the same sentence, it's loving over

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

People razzed me and got all upset when I said that years ago. Oh how the tables have turned.

it wasn't a problem back then

now toei is actually letting people make one piece good and mappa is doing blood rituals to release adaptations of some of the biggest shonen currently going in a single year

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Patware posted:

is this a very recent development because i will see clips and sure, there will be some nice animation, but they're still CHOCKED full of overly-repeated shots and fifteen people grunting one by one

it's been since they started wano, i don't care to watch it and see whether the overall experience is in line with the highlights though. the manga always pisses away what goodwill it earns with a good arc or setup by going on too long and/or having huge interminable battles, neither seeming like things an anime would fix for me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like good animation

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is it

i like the wives and crossdressing shenanigans

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the sjws in the white bitch forest

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope English enstars adds something fun to the meme pile

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

I want to watch something but I have no idea what I want to watch.

https://www.randomanime.org/

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw when i went there it was Tanaka is Always Listless, which was a fairly liked seasonal sol/comedy about a lazy boy, his friend who carries him places, a tiny annoying(?) cute girl, and a delinquent looking girl among others

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh yeah i guess that's an AOTD thing, the actual randomizing stuff is further down lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow there was an entire other page

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Polsy posted:

Only 12 people made more than 150 posts in the last thread and 10 of them are already in the top 100 anyway, so you've got a decent chance.

imagine making 150 posts

nobody tell me if i actually did that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

based on the broken backs of their workers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm still betrayed by when Bandai started releasing English subbed Wataru on YouTube and abruptly stopped

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

nodding, but only for half of them and you have to guess which half

zatch bell, negima, zkc, twgok

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DNT is far from a complete adaptation yet, so you may as well do the original series first

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ai ai

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this but not winking

https://discord.gg/Yz5bttW8

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yugioh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

her name was violet evergarden

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the realizer sounds like a boogiepop character

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's too straight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the energy radiating from that comment is activating my fight or flight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Patware posted:

how did you even remember kiznaiver in 2022

i posted a meme about it the other day and revived it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

Watched a bit of Brigadoon: Marin to Melan. It's kinda offputting the way the series fixates so much on the child main character's panties. Should I keep watching this or drop it?

a random conversation about differing storylines in the tie-in manga for original anime had me thinking about Brigadoon again, and remembering this post probably too late to be helpful, but

my memory of this is it becomes less of a thing (the show in general has a rough start in all aspects imo) but there's at least one very weird comedy bit in a similar sus vein later in the series. also, i feel like the OP telegraphs this pretty strongly but there is a romantic undercurrent to the Marin & Melan relationship as the series progresses, which is something that at the start gave me a weird vibe, though by the end i was more ambivalent about it than anything. i do have issues with the ending in general, the drama kind of loses a compelling antagonist or stakes i could invest in, and it's vague in a direction i didn't like nearly as much as the tie-in manga's take on things. in spite of any issues it was still something i enjoyed watching quite a bit, obviously the designs and music stand out but it's also just very compelling once the slow start is out of the way. part of it is definitely my bias for the tragic aspects and seeing how Marin falters, deals with, and eventually rises above that, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm curious now and will probably try to see if my discord posts over watching it have any real throughline but drat, i regret not putting more thoughts in a post back when i finished it for my 2020 resolutions 😭

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they did that for black clover many times already, it was cool to see the differences

the are more annoying fandoms that i wouldn't really care to see have that thought

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people have no chill

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They're going to make the actual announcement later today, it was an announcement of an announcement. And I don't blame people for being a bit paranoid, especially because the tweet used similar language to a lot of NFT announcements.

i blame people

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's 4 pm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

what the gently caress is a Roscommon

that's the kurosawa movie, right

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

any other pantyshots are an acceptable toll to keep the scene of everyone looking up the figure's skirt

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's more like mean magical girl

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you are definitely not looking hard enough, or in the right places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only issue is if you mean specific series you should just say as much rather than speak vaguely and generally, when generally speaking there is definitely not a shortage of gay shipping in western fandom