Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Wtf I love Julias now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

is there somewhere in SA where people post good youtubes? i like to watch youtubes while having lunch/dinner but the algorithm is really unreliable
i mostly stick to adtrw and a select few game threads so i have no idea where to look for it

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

if you're just looking for stuff to watch from good youtubers, here's a bunch of good channels to check out:
Mandalore Gaming - funny, well-edited, informative game reviews
Kurzgesagt - In A Nutshell - my favorite youtube channel, educational gorgeously-animated shorts
Vet Ranch - vets treating animals and putting them up for adoption after
Drawfee - four artists draw stuff and do challenges
Fall of Civilizations - what it says on the tin
Let's Game It Out - hilarious videos of a guy breaking games over his knee
Selen Tatsuki - an entertaining pro gamer and DEFINITELY not a vtuber go away julias
Video Game Animation Study - does some neat videos on, well, video game animation
Kruggsmash - does hand-drawn let's plays of Dwarf Fortress, one of my Big Favorites
Kenny Lauderdale - reviews old anime and investigates insanely obscure anime
Felix Colgrave - wild-rear end hand-drawn animations with an incredibly unique style
628DirtRooster - professional beekeeper who records his adventures going and excising beehives from houses or destroying yellowjacket nests
Brian David Gilbert - an amazing video maker who has made some of the best video game skits on youtube with his Unraveled series
Chip Cheezum - my favorite LPer ever bar none, also a goon, his Metal Gear Rising and Wonderful 101 LPs are legendary
SNESdrunk - short, informative, well-edited reviews for a shitload of games
Noclip - professionally-made longform video game documentaries with behind-the-scenes stuff
Games Done Quick the legendary speedrunning event archives, just search for a game you want to see speedran and go
Classics of Game - weird, contextless clips from often extremely obscure video games
Simone Giertz - cool inventor lady who became a pretty big internet sensation and even appeared on Colbert once
Scishow - whole lot of usually-short videos of sciencey stuff covering a ton of topics
Joel Haver - lots of short films sometimes done in a really neat rotoscoped animation style
Inugami Korone - a channel where a dog plays video games

I hope this has helped you find things to watch.

great effortpost, subbed to most of them except the 2 really bad ones, thanks!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

what's she from

touhou, it's this fictional universe people make music of (and i think some people even made fangames of the music)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Lor posted:

My account is pretty hosed by having 770+ subscriptions over like 15 years

these posts just doubled my subbed channel count lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgpZI7w_hM

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mycophobia posted:

ive already seen them. 1 is good. 2 and 3 are good but rushed. 4 is great

wow i didnt expect to ever see anyone post the correct opinions on the eva rebuilds online but what do you know

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man this really sucks, have no idea how anyone can find this entertaining
still like temmies art though

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Neat!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

is there an anime that fullfills the following conditions
- some characters are attractive, others are average, and some are below average-looking
- both in-universe and to us, the spectators (as in, the designs of the characters themselves range from below average to above average in terms of attractiveness)
- that also applies to the female characters of the show, who aren't all sporting chest sizes requiring composite material bras and victorian-era waists
- the characters' varying levels of attractiveness isn't just played as a gag / uglier characters aren't constantly made fun of but instead they just exist like normal people

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Tokyo Godfathers, maybe?

It definitely is a lot more grounded than aot of anime.

embarrassed to admit its been in my plan to watch list for years, need to sort that

Sakurazuka posted:

The Hakkenden, especially the eps animated by Yuasa lol

GorfZaplen posted:

FLAG
The Hakkenden

Lurking Haro posted:

Another Kon classic is Paranoia Agent.

Aku no Hana...

If it ever gets an adaptation: Dungeon Meshi.
The author is amazing at drawing varied characters, both male and female.

gonna give these a go, ty!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arist posted:

Oh yeah? Well, I think it's cool when the animation is bad. Guess I just appreciate anime more.

as a Real Anime Fan i appreciated OPM season 2 a whole lot more than season 1 because the terrible animation means the real soul of anime could be experienced all the more profoundly. get filtered, normies

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

Has there been a word spoken about a season 3, since it ended on a weird unsatisfying cliffhangar? Or is this one of those deals where they still don't have enough fresh source material to adapt yet?

I recently caught up with the manga (which really is MUCH better than the 2nd season, terrible animation there) and holy poo poo balls it's still in the same arc 36000 chapters later
So probably the latter

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat the ova looks loving sick

marumaru
May 20, 2013

One thing that really holds me back in the common "I want to live in Japan!" weeb fantasy is that I'm really not very keen on rules for the sake of rules and absolute, unquestionable authority. I imagine I'd legitimately have a very hard time integrating because of it. Even just studying the language annoys me sometimes with the whole "this person is above you, you must use an extra-formal form when addressing them and they can use a casual/rough form when addressing you" thing.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Have you never written a professional email

Casey Finnigan posted:

you also have to kiss your boss's rear end the same way in The Occident. The only real difference is that we don't use specific grammatical structures for indicating language formality

if you throw in with the right crowd of showa era delinquents you don't need to worry about formal language at all

i usually carefully try to get people accustomed to the way i feel most comfortable acting over time. i'm not gonna drop epic gamer words in a professional environment or anything, but i also don't want to walk on eggshells 24/7.
and no i honestly have never kissed my boss' rear end. maybe i'm just lucky lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

shitpostersama ranking

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

here's another randomizer tho https://spin.moe/

this rules

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

you mean this one?

dude what the gently caress

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

stair is this the one you mean

oh ok

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru
May 20, 2013

read hinamatsuri.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat how am i already that high up

marumaru
May 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

casually jumping 147 spots nbd

pathetic

quote:

(+435) 253 RareAcumen
(+500) 254 I. M. Gei

(+625) 375 Paper Lion :eyepop:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

should polish anime be in the anime of the year vote

marumaru
May 20, 2013

holy poo poo!

oh no!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wait what the gently caress, saru is animating it? now i'm excited

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAeEcVnnvo

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2022/01/vanguard-warzone-season-one-midseason-attack-on-titan

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

try watching other yuasa masterpiece tatami galaxy at 1.2x speed if you dare

That's what the N1 test should be

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mycophobia posted:

is violet evergarden good

really pretty but bored me (and even then, sometimes it was trying so hard to be pretty that i felt it kinda went overboard)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mentat Radnor posted:

I liked Violet Evergarden a lot.

It seems like most other people thought it was mediocre though. :shrug:

whats the manga in your av again? i used to read it but forgot about it, gotta add it back to my list and catch up

marumaru
May 20, 2013

thats the one, thanks

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mycophobia posted:

thx for violet evergarden opinions, i reckon i'll pass on it for now. that being said, what should i watch/start this sunday. heres my anime list if youdd like to look at what i like and dont like https://myanimelist.net/animelist/sa_mycophobia?status=7&order=4&tag= thank you

couldnt find oddtaxi in this list

marumaru
May 20, 2013

and watch asobi asobase if you like dumb humor

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Got curious and decided to look further into the current Kanokari fanbase's mood, and it's fun.
For those that aren't up to date, this comment sums it up:

quote:

That's because the previous "arc" is over.

1. So now every character will go back to their initial state.

2. Then they'll show some promise to grow (here's where the fans will start to defend the series again)

3. Then the readers will be cockblocked and everything will be stretched as much as it can be (here's where the haters will start making GBS threads again)

4. Then the arc ends with nothing of significance (here's where everyone collectively shits on the story and characters, again)

5. Repeat.

This has been going for 200+ chapters, I don't think it'll ever change.

People are (rightfully) pissed it off and (somewhat rightfully) calling it one of the worst manga in recent times.
Seeing a manga that was so praised become... this is quite the ride

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Coaaab posted:

From looking around, I'm not sure that's the reaction from Japanese fans, who I think would count more

Why is that?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

a poster in this thread thought boys could get pregnant

yes, and

marumaru
May 20, 2013

holy poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.