Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

littleorv posted:

Obligatory post on the first page

Also mods should be barred from being the OP of chat threads. Chat threads are for the people and should be by the people.

This tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's not Reimu

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shonen is good imo. Even if I haven't watched an anime in a while.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's just a convenient short hand to explain how tough a character is without really needing to show much of them, which can be useful with as large a cast as shonen often deal with. So when like the Rival fights a lieutenant in the new villain group you know it should be an even fight even if this new character hasn't been around as much because he is a big deal in this organisation.

Shonen has kinda moved away from a universal power level thing like Dragonball had (and kinda started ignoring anyway) but it's still often a decent idea to be able to easily explain how strong some antagonists are at least in relation to each other.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think the evil pirate groups of One Piece and their Yakuza hierarchies are meant for kids to relate their entrance exams to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat bro, if I gently caress up my Maths test I will never be able to become a Tobi Roppo! At best I could only become a Number. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds like Bleach

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of isekai but that seems pretty unremarkable.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Making my way to the top 100 on the back of many incorrectly attributed posts. I'll get there one day.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Read Ikoku Nikki

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

tomimi's tail is too fat. how does she sleep.

Sleep standing up

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Read Baki instead imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Being genuinely sincere here, what would've been better examples of fanfiction to post instead?

Touhou doujins.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Like genuinely totally a failure if this website was doing a selection of fanfiction for "an explanation of fandom" or something and didn't put a touhou doujin in there.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Being stalked is cool and jojos knows this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jojo doesn't do redemption arcs. Either it's mindcontrol or just "don't worry about the intro this guy is cool".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Reading manga and gaming at work ftw

drat, gaming at work. That's the dream.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I assume he beats up thugs that are causing a ruckus.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its pretty solid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not interested in the nier anime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just don't think anime based on games usually turn out great. But yeah actually it will probably have some cool music, so it will probably be ok.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dongicus posted:

Mgr is an incredible 6hrs

Sometimes that's all you need.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope its good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

Posting always with love in my heart, even when I make fun of someone

:yeah:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Any good posters in the toonami thread?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, was already hoping Plutonis would get the position but didn't realise the competition was this dire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't understand the vtuber memes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

i feel slightly seen here but the truth is while I like anime it's not an actual hobby for me the way gaming is so i don't care to talk about it unless I just finished watching or reading something. i have the josei thread bookmarked though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the Josei thread recently but read Ikoku Nikki if you haven't yet imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

i loving love irony and sarcasm

This sincerely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

Name a name or gently caress off.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's because you're an insanely bad poster and nobody wants you to post here.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eureka 7

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sometimes I skip ops/eds even when they're good. :twisted:

Especially if i'm binge watching something. After already seeing an op a couple of times in one day I don't need to see it again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Subs are for anime and dubs are for videogame.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad streaming services are incentivising people to do the right thing and go back to pirating poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If there's still any involvement from rooster teeth I wouldn't put much hope in it turning out alright.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's important to have a character that always says everyone's full names, like Kazuma Kuwabara or Tiera Erde

This is essential tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Learning a language in general is pretty fun tbh. Not even the rewarding feeling once you're actually able to string some words together or hold a conversation, even the process of learning is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clearly they simply don't want to hear Plutonis' thoughts on the new baki chapter.