Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Amazon sold out.

When it comes back I am getting at least a copy to donate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

site posted:

jokes aside it usually helps to contact that local library first to see if they already are full up on the book so they don't end up with a 1000 copies they can't do anything with

After my post, and the “charitable response” I asked my library. They prefer money over books, because what happens is they get 20 copies of Catcher in the Rye that they can’t use. I am already a member of the local friends of the Library, so it is a cash donation to the American Library Association.

I’d suggest a donation if you want to fight the people who want to suppress ideas.

If you think “virtue signaling” is useless, I would beg to differ. People who have been oppressed by society like to be seen and know there are others that value them. Even in the USA where some people wave around copies of the Constitution like they are holy writ, forget that the authors of those documents funded them by selling goods made by slave labor, and shortly after writing. “All men are created equal” had a slave bring them a glass of Madeira.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Skwirl posted:

I met two different people in college who were there on the GI bill who joined the Marines after watching Full Metal Jacket.

They must not be as smart as they appear to be or they think that abusing a Marine recruit is a good way to weed out the “weak”

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

FanExpo runs Orlando's MegaCon, which I've gone to many times (but not for the past three years). It is always crowded and poorly organized, and they really downplay the actual comic stuff that I'm interested in, in favor of anime, cosplay, and random celebrity and YouTuber photo ops.

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpochicago/comic-creators/
I run gaming at Megacon Orlando. The County and state officials that manage the center, which is the only place for 150,000 people, runs it as well as any governmental thing in Florida. (Looky there Ron, it’s Pikachu) Disney can handle the crowds like that but they don’t have the square footage free. Locally we often run smaller events at hotels but Megacon is freaking huge.