Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love the Ultimate stuff, warts and all, and have done multiple rereads of what I can (I'm not going to waste my time on Loeb's stuff). There's definitely some jingoism but it makes sense for a cap who is thawed out post 9-11, plus it fits a world where every single character is a huge rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Uthor posted:

I've always wanted to read more Ultimate FF with Reed going bad, but that's a lot of issues.

It's setup in ultimate FF but him going bad is the Ultimate Enemy Trilogy and then followed up in Hickman's Ultimate run which is terrific. If you're interested in Maker stuff it's around 20 issues total that you'd actually need to read

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Starsnostars posted:

The Maker is also in the Fialkov issues of Ultimates and Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand.

Ultimate FF too but it’s all a big redemption arc and as soon as Hickman brings him back for Secret War stuff he just immediately goes “haha syke”. Fialkov’s stuff is good though, he’s not afraid to get weird, just short lived

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

You should chill out. I don't know where you got the idea I think covid isn't real or you shouldn't vaccinate.

Your rap sheet, red text, and posting?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Depends on how you feel about European comics. Jordowsky's stuff is pretty niche, it's some good stuff but he's a weird dude. Moebius' art is always gorgeous, though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like Ended Mike /boomer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Only thing I haven't seen is JJ season 3 and I just don't know if I can be bothered

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gripweed posted:

I genuinely didn't know there was a third season of Jessica Jones.

It came out after they'd all been cancelled IIRC so there wasn't a lot of fanfare.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They just reused D'onofrio and Cox there's no chance whatsoever that they don't put it all on D+/Hulu.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw man! Zdarsky just randomly dropped into my local comic shop today. I was like 20 feet away in the same mall around the same time but didn’t have any business in that end, bummer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You know some languages have things like male and female nouns? La Nino vs la Nina, for example. Declensions are like that for lots of different things like case or number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's a silly thing to think because there wasn't any "cross promotion". Any movie that uses any military stuff has to have them sign off so that's why the Air Force is credited, but it's not like the movie is about how cool the US Military is. The literal plot is that the militaristic force she's fighting for is actually an imperialistic bunch of invaders and the "bad guys" are just an indigenous population trying to survive. It's not subtle