Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Winnie the Pooh is going to be in the next Fables comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What part of the Ultimate line had the jingoism?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Madkal posted:

One could argue Ultimates had it, especially in the way it treated Captain "A doesn't stand for France" America.

Loved the Ultimates when it came out, because that kind of satire was perfect for an angry sixteen year old.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Covok posted:

The Ultimates and their surrounding part of the universe. It was always there lowkey but I had the thought when I reread an issue of Ultimate War. Basically, Magneto attacked the Triskelion and Hulk got out and ate a lot of staff. So, since Magneto is trying his "mutant domiance" shtick and blew up a bridge and the X-Men were also on blast for lying about Magneto dying, Captain America goes to Wasp, the only mutant Ultimate, and says "you know, no one blames you for this: this is not a war on mutants, it's a war on terror." I almost face palmed a bit at how badly it was handled.

And there is just this undercurrent throughout of "US military strong, US military world police, US military good" I find when I looked through some random issues. Like in Ultimate Comics Ultimate #1 where Shield is literally policing the world with the Ultimates and its shown as like a good thing, I felt.

Ultimate Spider-Man never had jingoism but the characters from Ultimates tended to have those elements. I think it all had to do with 9/11.

I don't think Millar has any good feelings about the US military. Bendis has complained in the past about trying to tell uplifting, positive stories in Ultimate Spider-Man, while dealing with Millar's overwhelming nihilism in the Ultimates.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Don’t these sort of campaigns send the copies to a local library, and encourage kids to go there to get the book? Who’d think they’d just send it to the school that banned it with a note “Please burn these.”?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Season 3 of the Batman board game and the debut of the Batman TTRPG is up on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/batmantm-gotham-city-chronicles-season-3-and-rpg/posts/3515186

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The board game is ok, but what I’m really looking forward to is the RPG books. Being able to use the board game figures and maps sounds like a lot of fun.