Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

They can now do a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series starring Winnie the Pooh.

Gripweed posted:

Alternatively, Grimm Fairy Tales' Winnie the Pooh.

Can I have both at the same time, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Madkal posted:

I loved Ultimates when it first came out (even though I read it in trades) but rereading it Millar's tendencies to have everyone act like the biggest arsehole in the room really became annoying really fast.

I've got the first six issue trade and I don't think I've ever read part that with Ultimates. And I'm okay with never reading it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Stuff like this makes me tear up a little. You guys are awesome.

Counterpoint: you are awesome.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think I just got an alert that the Joker is on the loose.

Don't got to the link, BTW. Whatever that is came through my phone as an actual emergency alert so it's either a hostile site or bad advertising that someone should be sued over.

Edit: Switched to something where I could scrub the link.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 19, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

been checking out the current humble bundles, is this comics bundle worth picking up? I'm unfamiliar with pretty much anything in it, but there sure is a drat lot of it in there

There's a fair amount of absolute classics in that bundle. Also a fair amount of people going back to absolute classics in order to cash in while making something not nearly as good as the original. I walked up the tiers and it looks like to get the best stuff (the original Incal and The Metabarons) you have to pay for the $45 level. I'm also pretty unhappy that Humble doesn't let you earmark everything you pay to go to charity anymore and they always give themselves at least a 20% cut, but that's its own separate thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Congratulations to Endless Mike and Endless Spouse.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

With Netflix losing their Marvel shows in two weeks (and giving people very little advance warning), should I finally get around to watching them?

I saw the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones and meant to get around to the rest eventually...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Soonmot posted:

Are they going to d+ or just vanishing into the ether?

No announcement on what happens next, but Netflix partially owns the shows and is in direct competition, so I doubt they just said, "Sure you can have them."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Tales to Astonish #42: "Voice of Doom" is a really fun story for Ant Man dealing with a unique villain(yet another of those guys who appears once early on then doesn't appear again for a couple decades) and beating him in a clever manner, also a surprisingly funny gag about people getting hypnotized into eating dog food

Take a good look at "the Voice of Doom" and you might work out his actual identity: it's a caricature of Orson Welles.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Okay, the quoted tweet is amazing, and I'm really sad the other tweet didn't happen.

https://twitter.com/DirkMaggs/status/1503645203072262145?s=20&t=4Q6SYsxtDKY4zKv5Mv4fGA

You can find the BBC adaptations on youtube and the Death of Superman one was okay. I should try listening to Knightfall sometime.

I don't think Adam West can portray Batman as vicious, so that would be more stunt casting than something that would be effective. But I appreciated the clip. :D

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/goodbye-eri
Just a head's up that Tatsuki Fujimoto (the creator of Chainsaw Man) has a new stand alone story up on the Shonen Jump website that you can read for free.

Thanks, that was amazing in every way. I want to gush about the story structure and the use of panels and the clever adaptation of other media forms and pacing and the physical presence of the characters and use of perspective and... well. I think people are better off going in blind.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Remember Dawn? Dawn used to be everywhere in comics shops. I don't know if there were ever any Dawn comics or anything, but people loved the idea of a really hot chick with red hair and dramatic eye makeup, They should bring Dawn back.

I think it was one of those things where there were two issues and six pin-up collections.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Well poop

Neal Adams, Comic Book Artist Who Revitalized Batman and Fought for Creators’ Rights, Dies at 80

He influenced multiple generations with his style and co-created such characters as Ra's al Ghul, the Man-Bat and one of DC's first Black superheroes, Green Lantern Jon Stewart.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/neal-adams-dead-batman-comics-artist-1235138106/

Neal Adams, the legendary comic book artist who reinvigorated Batman and other superheroes with his photorealistic stylings and championed the rights of creators, has died. He was 80.

Adams died Thursday in New York of complications from sepsis, his wife, Marilyn Adams, told The Hollywood Reporter.

The world's a little smaller now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'd like to think he's drawing the entire world in a single crowd shot now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This one is a shock more than the other recent passings. The illness was just out of nowhere...