Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The ultimate line was really cool until the blob ate the wasp, and that was the last ultimate story I read.

Too bad because I hear lots of stuff after that was still good, but life is short and I already read a lot of bad comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

I got married yesterday :3:

Congrats!!!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love that guy's stuff.

Speaking of, this bad boy is coming out through Silver Sprocket in a couple months!

https://store.silversprocket.net/products/mr-boop-by-alec-robbins

Silver Sprocket is quickly becoming one of my favorite publishers (it's them and Floating World Comics I think)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I picked up some comics this week as a gift to myself (I’m turning old).

The Parker Martini edition, the Lady Killer library edition, and Plain Janes.

I hadn’t read Plain Janes so I decided to start with that. It’s three stories about a bunch of high school girls who create an art collective. It’s a wonderful little book and I highly recommend it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Ugh. I feel I'm the one person who can't stand Alec Robbins' humour. It's like he tells the same joke over and over, only he overexplains it and the joke wasn't funny in the first place.

The overexplaining is what makes it funny.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

My local comic shop had their annual summer sale today. They didn't have a lot of the stuff I was looking for, but for some reason they had a ton of old sci-fi paperbacks for a buck fifty each.

not bad

This rules

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My local has a ton of back issues that are overpriced, a couple walls of new/fairly new releases, and that’s about it. In their old location they used to have more dollar bin type selections but their new space has less room so they appear to have done away with those. It’s 100% comics though, which I appreciate. I would also accept old paperbacks, I love that.

It’s also well lit and clean, which I think is important. I’m willing to dig around in gross stores and impromptu table setups, but I much prefer a store I would be ok with my partner walking into with me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I love that comic. The hardcover should be waiting in my pile at the shop, I need to go pick it up.

Silver Sprocket is a top tier comics publisher these days. When I’m looking at previews I’m almost always grabbing something from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mine was an Archie book, though who knows which one. For cape books, there’s some west coach avengers books I remember, some late 80s batman books, and a bunch of promotional Spider-Man comics.