Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Gripweed posted:

There was cross promotions with the air force

My dude, this is the literal definition of propaganda.

Edit: And it loving worked https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/01/05/captain-marvel-effect-air-force-academy-sees-most-female-applicants-5-years.html

Lencho fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Uthor posted:

Um, did they not watch the film carefully? Definitely not a selling point for being in the military!

I can't recall who said it, but there's a famous quote that says that it is impossible to make an anti-war war movie. And people can also be dumb as rocks.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

I know most think of his Batman work but for me, the first time I saw his art was also the first X-Men story I ever read.

That Jean panel is one of my favourites to this day.

He was an incredible talent and while I guess he had a good innings, it's still a terrible shame he's gone.

UXM #58 was also the first time I saw his art and to this day its still probably the first thing I think of when I think of comic book art in general. RIP to a real legend.