Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you never visited Adams at a con, it was an experience. His table was the first time I saw a creator setup an entire booth like a store that guided you towards him. Even if you didn't buy anything, he was always warm and approachable and loved to just chat.

Not to be morbid but I'm prepared for Perez to go since we've had so much information about his health and situation. I was absolutely not prepared for Adams. This is devastating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Well the other shoe dropped and George Perez is being reported as having passed.

What a lovely couple weeks for comic history.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

X-O posted:

Has anyone here ever gotten a comic CGC graded? After some thinking I really would like to do it with my Hero Initiative copy of JLA/Avengers. I've never even once opened a page on it and it's in pristine condition. I don't want to do it for selling it in the future or anything. I'll never sell it. I'd just like to have it in that CGC verified case. I have one other CGC book but I bought that one already graded. And similarly I don't give a poo poo about the value of it either it's more just for aesthetics.

I've done it for a few books, both yellow and blue label.

I've never submitted through mail though. I've always submitted at a con, either directly to CGC or through a facilitator (a facilitator can be very useful in that depending, they're willing to take it to other shows to get it signed for yellow labels).

It takes about 2ish months to get the book back (obviously longer if you go through a facilitator and they're getting signatures for you).

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Skwirl posted:

If you're sending it through mail make loving sure you wrap it well and pay proper postage. I don't know about comics but I work at the post office and was at a place that got all of the mail for a place that graded MTG cards, and their would be a few hosed up one's every once and a while. You can't send a single card in a hard case in an envelope with a standard stamp. If you think it's a card worth a lot of money, best case scenario is we catch it and it gets returned to you with a postage due stamp, worst case is we process it like a normal letter.

Honestly this is the number one reason I tend to drop off at cons, especially just directly w/CGC. I'm always fearful that the post office (or honestly any package delivery service) is gonna gently caress up the books before they even get to be graded.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/1536401890048520192