Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Been a minute since I've posted but I've been catching up on some comics recently trying to get current. Here's my Top 10 of what I've been reading from Marvel/DC.

1. Moon Knight
2. Nightwing
3. Superman: Son of Kal-El
4. Iron Man
5. Robins
6. Death of Dr Strange/Strange
7. Action Comics
8. The Flash
9. Defenders
10. Daredevil/Reign's End/Tie-ins

Lots of stuff I haven't caught up on yet but really want to like Silk, Dark Days, The Marvels, She-Hulk, Hulk, Various X-Titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't really posted about George Perez as his death really hit me hard. I know it was expected for some time but that doesn't make it any easier. Without a doubt my favorite superhero artist of all time. He drew everybody and drew them great. My most prized collectible is a copy of Infinity Gauntlet #1 signed by Perez and Starlin. Two of my second most prized collectibles are the original hardcover and the new Hero Initiative trade of JLA/Avengers. More than anything I think you can point at anything Perez drew and say "That right there, that's the joy of reading comics" because everything he did is filled with wonder and imagination. And by all accounts he was just about one of the coolest and nicest dudes on the planet. It sucks that he's gone but he's left work that will stand the test of time and will be remembered as one of the best to ever to do it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Has anyone here ever gotten a comic CGC graded? After some thinking I really would like to do it with my Hero Initiative copy of JLA/Avengers. I've never even once opened a page on it and it's in pristine condition. I don't want to do it for selling it in the future or anything. I'll never sell it. I'd just like to have it in that CGC verified case. I have one other CGC book but I bought that one already graded. And similarly I don't give a poo poo about the value of it either it's more just for aesthetics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of scanning my entire collection of Wizard Magazine. There's a thread in this very forum where I'm posting about it issue by issue, we just started so we're only on issue five at this point. The content is pretty boring as of right now but I'm trying to barrel through those early issues to get to the '90s craziness we all remember. But this post isn't just to plug that thread. This post is to share vital information that must get re-released into the world as soon as possible. Even though it's early going in the thread I'm actually up to issue #124 on my scanning. And this is too good to wait for. Enjoy this informative lesson that could change your life. Brought to you from the pages of Wizard Magazine #124, January 2002.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 8, 2022

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everything Tom Taylor touches turns to gold. Not just on your regular Nightwings or Supermans. He sometimes gets handed the stupidest premises and turns them to gold too. It's just that some people don't like it. And a lot of times it's a certain type of person that doesn't like it. And that type of person is generally a lovely type of person. I'm not saying if you don't like his stuff it's because you're a piece of poo poo. But if you're a piece of poo poo you probably won't like his stuff.