Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone ever attended FanExpo Chicago? How is it? My new job is sending me to Chicago for a training session on Friday, July 8th, and the convention is that weekend! They are putting me up in a hotel the nights of the 7th and the 8th, so today I booked a late flight home on Saturday the 9th to be able to attend.

FanExpo runs Orlando's MegaCon, which I've gone to many times (but not for the past three years). It is always crowded and poorly organized, and they really downplay the actual comic stuff that I'm interested in, in favor of anime, cosplay, and random celebrity and YouTuber photo ops.

But Bendis and Geoff Johns are at FanExpo, and I would love to meet them and bring them some books to sign, so I think I'm gonna go, as long as those guys don't cancel.

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpochicago/comic-creators/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

TampaTango posted:

I run gaming at Megacon Orlando. The County and state officials that manage the center, which is the only place for 150,000 people, runs it as well as any governmental thing in Florida. (Looky there Ron, it’s Pikachu) Disney can handle the crowds like that but they don’t have the square footage free. Locally we often run smaller events at hotels but Megacon is freaking huge.

I meant no disrespect to you, especially since I'm not a gamer.