Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've always wanted to read more Ultimate FF with Reed going bad, but that's a lot of issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Interesting! I'll add it to my Marvel Unlimited queue and see if I ever get to it!

Edit: um, is there a reading guide as Marvel Unlimited is awful to navigate stuff like this.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 8, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Google Photos folder (or image manager of your choice).

Or, if it were my mom, a text/email thread may be easier.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Covok posted:

https://twitter.com/aubreysitterson/status/1479154334092836868?s=20

https://twitter.com/KamalaKaraA1/status/1479166044367474689?s=20

https://twitter.com/aubreysitterson/status/1479179866868125699?s=20

https://twitter.com/KamalaKaraA1/status/1479189487150407685?s=20

To all the people who like No One Left To Fight, the American comic based on Dragonball, I got an accidental month early release. I am not gonna spoil anything but I just find it cool.

I went to the shop on Saturday and just happened to notice this issue in the section of older comics, not on the new releases wall. Don't know when they got it, but it appears that it was before this week.

I don't read the series, only noticed cause of your post.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

It's up next in my queue!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

99% Invisible did an episode about the Punisher skull including interviewing Gerry Conway

https://overcast.fm/+yIOy7YhBM

Slight correction, it's a rebroadcast of Endless Thread, not made by 99% Invisible.

https://www.wbur.org/endlessthread/2021/10/29/memes-punisher

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Not exactly. We got married by Elvis in Las Vegas with a handful of friends present.

Nerd!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/hayleyglyphs/status/1490588861113667584?s=20&t=7qRlYr8zQvLHuVjkA96NIQ

It's a mattress commercial, but it's also Milo Manara, so you judge if you wanna watch it at work.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The parts of the second season of Iron Fist that didn't have Iron Fist in them had promise.

I'd say the Punisher show is decent if you have interest in the character.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I met two different people in college who were there on the GI bill who joined the Marines after watching Full Metal Jacket.

Um, did they not watch the film carefully? Definitely not a selling point for being in the military!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The one in Peoria, IL has a wall of new comics, a wall of recent comics, a wall of trades, a cabinet of used issues of storylines wrapped together as bundles, like 9 tables of old comics that I almost never saw anyone buying, a poster display to flip through, racks of CDs, a wall of vinyl, several cabinets of toys, some original art behind the counter, random things under the counter (once a really rare Nintendo GameCube machine from Japan), and started putting cardboard boxes of used video games on the other counters. I remember a fridge bottles of soda in the corner. My buddy started selling fan art posters and stickers and that was on display around the counter.

For the longest time, their nearest competitor was 45 minutes away on the highway. There was recently a small place open much closer, but they focused more on card games.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 23, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Scott McCloud lost his wife in a car crash a couple of days ago.

https://twitter.com/scottmccloud/status/1520372119829458945?s=20&t=5c0SJJHbo8rcNPk8_CTd5A

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

FanExpo runs Orlando's MegaCon, which I've gone to many times (but not for the past three years). It is always crowded and poorly organized, and they really downplay the actual comic stuff that I'm interested in, in favor of anime, cosplay, and random celebrity and YouTuber photo ops.

It used to be called Wizard World? If it's the same thing, yah, it's mostly focused on selling stuff to attendents. I've popped in a few times cause my friend does the artist alley, so I don't really know how the discussions/talks are. Otherwise, it's one room full of artist alley and (mostly) comic and t-shirt and Funko sellers, another room mostly full of other types of sellers, and a packed entrence hall (that you don't technically need a ticket for) with people in cosplay taking photos.

And, yes, I haven't been there since covid started. I don't think I popped in the year before that, either. My friend would go with four or five people and they crashed at my parents' house in like 2017 or 2018 for the last time. (my dad's health is downhill and my folks can't host them, so they rent a random house these days) I may have popped in once after that.

Edit: I'd double check to see if they are doing artist alley or if you would need to buy a ticket and wait in line for a meet and greet.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 1, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Over on the marvel side, there's marvel unlimited which is a subscription service that gives you access to all current comics from three months ago as well as a whole bunch of classic comics.

There's DC Universe Infinite that does that same for DC comics. I hear they are spotty on older issues (right now). Gonna hop onto it soon to read old Batman comics with my friends, we'll see how good it is, then.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I was getting random "three comics for the price of two" packages from the local Kmart (couldn't even see what was the 3rd book in the middle of the pile!), but the first book I went out of my way to buy was The Warlock Chronicles #1, which has made Warlock into my favorite comic character of all time.

muscles like this! posted:

One of the earliest comics I remember reading was the issue where Kraven buries Spider-Man.

The first issue of Sandman I ever read was the first issue of his funeral arc. I didn't know it was a series that was about the end! Bought the last 7 issues or so as floppies before buying the trades in random order. I wonder how much reading that story out of order helped my love of the story.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I think I still have it somewhere.

I don't collect individual issues, I'm more than happy with trades or digital copies, but I went out of my way to buy a new copy of my first comic after I lost the original.