Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's never really been a thing for me. But I think maybe I should start buying some liquor and glasses and things and making a cocktail in the evenings.

What do you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The idea of making cool cocktails and having all the tools of the trade and it being fun sounds neat at first, but after time you eventually just end up pouring some bourbon in a normal glass and drinking it because you turned into an alcoholic.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you've probably got nothing to lose, so why not?

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Consider taking up posting better.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Bumbu dark rum, Plantation 3 Star white rum, Glenmorangie 12 year whiskey, Haku Japanese vodka

Enjoy the ride

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have you tried vaping alcohol?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Absolutely take it up. Get a funnel and some lube and take it up the rear end.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Take up drinking cheap beer and huck the empty cans at your tv when your sports team loses.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

bossy lady posted:

Take up drinking cheap beer and huck the empty cans at your tv when your sports team loses.

Correct.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

yes. southern comforts not bad.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

bossy lady posted:

Pro strategy

edify
Sep 14, 2014
Get one bottle of advocaat and one bottle of pernod, alternate shots and then never consider drinking again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The only thing I've understood so far was someone insulting my posting. I'm guessing all of you are drunk right now.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
One cool thing about drinking is that no one is allowed to get mad at you fir anythjng you do because you can just say "sorry, i'd been drinking :shrug:"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can I still walk my dogs when I've been drinking?

I am in the USA, after all. A country where drinking is supposed to be legal but has tons of laws that make it seem like its not. For instance, it is not legal to walk around drinking. It's not legal to be drunk while outside. But it is legal to be drunk in a bar. But it's not legal to leave the bar once you are drunk because now you are outside.

Drinking and driving should be illegal, of course.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I only drink in a social setting because I've always found non-alcoholic beverages to be more refreshing even when both are served ice cold.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I haven't walked a dog sober in like 5 years. I don't think anyone gets arrested for being drunk outside, those laws are mostly just excuses for harassing random black people

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
it would be pretty cool idf there were places where it was okay to drink and drive imo, like not on normal streets, but like they should have Wet Roads like they do Toll Roads. Just pay a couple of bucks and drive at your own risk, no one gonna pull u over but also no one can get mad when u crash and die.

Anyways, vote Nooner for City council

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I tried during early quarantine but it wasn't doing it for me so I went back to just weed

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Being outside is illegal in the USA bub.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Bad Purchase posted:

Alcohol can be vaped, but it looks really expensive and you can end up hospitalized if you get the amount wrong as vomiting won't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQFmKPA-iAg

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Well What Now posted:

Consider taking up posting better.

In this economy?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Hard cider with a shot of good irish whiskey in it, the best on a warm day. or a cold day. or any day really, it's just good.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Waltzing Along posted:

The only thing I've understood so far was someone insulting my posting. I'm guessing all of you are drunk right now.

I’m not drunk.

What do they call being zonked out in Xanax and edibles?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aishlinn posted:

Hard cider with a shot of good irish whiskey in it, the best on a warm day. or a cold day. or any day really, it's just good.

I remember brewing my own cider led to the worst hangovers imaginable

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So I want a yummy drink. Something where I don't realize I'm drinking.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Ask your doctor if drinking is right for you. Side effects may include: Being cool at parties, Good performance at work, better lovemaking and overall better health.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Waltzing Along posted:

I know how this ends.

https://youtu.be/1GW22sAElpE

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Just a warning, in case you're being honest about not drinking much before- When you say "yummy drink where I don't realize I'm drinking," eventually, someone will suggest a long island iced tea. Do not trust anyone who says that. They are being honest, because when it's made well, it's a yummy drink that masks the alcohol very well. However, it is made to get you drunk as hell. I guess the that should be amended to "do not trust anyone who says that unless you are looking to get drunk as hell". Basically what I'm saying is you should get a long island iced tea

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Find an Asian supermarket and pick up a bottle of this stuff, it's super yummy :)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

signalnoise posted:

Just a warning, in case you're being honest about not drinking much before- When you say "yummy drink where I don't realize I'm drinking," eventually, someone will suggest a long island iced tea. Do not trust anyone who says that. They are being honest, because when it's made well, it's a yummy drink that masks the alcohol very well. However, it is made to get you drunk as hell. I guess the that should be amended to "do not trust anyone who says that unless you are looking to get drunk as hell". Basically what I'm saying is you should get a long island iced tea

I thought the LIIT was just grabbing the basic poo poo and putting a shot of each and then some coke? Like gin, rum, vodka and coke or something like that? I don't see how that could ever taste good.

Yes. Exactly. I want a chocolate choo choo.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought the LIIT was just grabbing the basic poo poo and putting a shot of each and then some coke? Like gin, rum, vodka and coke or something like that? I don't see how that could ever taste good.

It's surprisingly effective. The mismatched booze flavors confuse the palate so the mixer becomes the dominant flavor, despite how little there is of it in comparison. Pretty smart drink making, if the goal is to get hammered. Some might even say genius.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I always mixed in tequila is well to make it a foursome + coke

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Devils Affricate posted:

I haven't walked a dog sober in like 5 years. I don't think anyone gets arrested for being drunk outside, those laws are mostly just excuses for harassing random black people

So like most laws.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought the exact same before I had one and it's some kind of magic. I don't even like gin, and it's not just gin, rum, and vodka. It also has tequila and triple sec (cointreau or grand marnier if you're fancy) along with the mixer if they use one. The cola helps mix and cut it more and at the end you've got like 4 shots of alcohol in a glass that you can get down really easy. I don't understand it, but it's a dangerous drink and every new drinker should be aware of how potent it actually is

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

There an interesting thread in E/N where someone questions how much is too much, and then gets called various insults for wanting to drink less. And then over some months it turned into more of a support thread for alcoholics. I stumbed across it last year and spent about 3 months reading it (it's been going on for 4+ years and had lots of posts). Gave me a lot of interesting insight into alcoholism, coping methods, support infrastructure, and what people have done with other or related addictions in their lives.

I don't drink that much, maybe 1-2 drinks total most weeks, but I do drink socially and now it's given me some behaviors and signs to watch out for in friends, for example. I also learned a lot about how people try and hide it, until it gets so bad that they can't or don't try anymore.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844738

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mine your wine conservatory. Let's just say they all are crap by age.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

if drinking every day turns out to be bad for you its probably easy to stop, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Consider the difference between social drinking and solo drinking.

Going social; find a favorite bar, pub, wine bar, etc. Maybe a place that has live music. Have a couple drinks, some food and chill with the scene.

Going solo, drinking while poo poo posting, etc is definitely a good route to follow to alcoholism.

If you have a spouse or partner that is not interested in drinking then I'd recommend not drinking at all.