Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yamazaki 12 was my go-to affordable whiskey for a long rear end time because it tasted amazing and it was super cheap, like $20 or less. Then the Chinese market discovered it and I have seen bottles going for $400 at supermarkets, I poo poo you not. The version on shelves now is insanely expensive and no longer even has an age listed. It will be years before supply can meet demand again.

The one time I had Japanese whiskey, I had Iwai 45 and hated it. Expensive and it tasted like watered-down-cheap bourbon, but smoother. Insipid. The markup on Japanese whiskey is obscene. I am sure there any many much better ones but they're like $50 and up so gently caress it. If I'm spending that much money I might as well go whole hog and buy absinthe.

Currently enjoying a Christian Brothers Sacred Bond brandy. $25 and it's aged for four years in bourbon barrels so it tastes like both cognac and bourbon at the same time. Absolutely delicious for the price point.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Woolie Wool posted:

The one time I had Japanese whiskey, I had Iwai 45 and hated it. Expensive and it tasted like watered-down-cheap bourbon, but smoother. Insipid. The markup on Japanese whiskey is obscene. I am sure there any many much better ones but they're like $50 and up so gently caress it. If I'm spending that much money I might as well go whole hog and buy absinthe.

Currently enjoying a Christian Brothers Sacred Bond brandy. $25 and it's aged for four years in bourbon barrels so it tastes like both cognac and bourbon at the same time. Absolutely delicious for the price point.

Yamazaki was the only one I liked. Hibiki was the one that was supposed to be "the best" but I always thought it tested overly chemical and sharp, with a weird burning at the back of my throat.

I personally would drink Ardbeg and Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban over anything else but Yamazaki 12.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pricey! Yikes! ($30 to $60 dollars a gallon)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I paid for them, and 18-25 is pretty normal here. AUD, not USD.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Don't. It ruined my life. Seriously and completely. "It wouldn't happen to me" and all of that. That's the FIRST thing I'd choose to change if I could change something I did in my adult life. I'd have never touched alcohol once.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Alcohol will solve all your problems. Your family will love you, your productivity will go up at work, and your social standing will improve.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I bought some alcohol a while back so i have some on hand in case guests want something and i don't have anything else. I just get flavored vodkas sailor Jerry and rumchata. I don't really like to drink anymore though i prefer edibles

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think people misunderstood. I don't planning on being an alcoholic. I just like the idea of having a drink in the evening every so often. But I want some idea of how to make them myself.

So I have been doing what I always do when something interests me. Research.

And youtube just gave me this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozdlXQW_eA

I think it's pretty funny.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
the most delicious drink I have ever tasted is neat green Chartreuse

i'm pretty sure it's a "not for everyone" sort of thing. It's also cool that it's an ancient secret recipe made by a thousand year old order of silent monks in the French alps.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Waltzing Along posted:

I think people misunderstood. I don't planning on being an alcoholic. I just like the idea of having a drink in the evening every so often. But I want some idea of how to make them myself.

So I have been doing what I always do when something interests me. Research.

And youtube just gave me this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozdlXQW_eA

I think it's pretty funny.

I think you should just watch more of that guy. He's a good guy

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my preferred vices are :420:, junk food and fanfiction, in roughly that order. but every so often I sip upon what remains of my grandpa’s very last bottle of cognac, a treat he’d have gifted to him at Christmas which he’d savor bit by bit over the year until the next gift. it still initially tastes like tongue-kissing a dragon, but I’m learning to take note of some of those vanilla and fruit and spice flavors that’re supposed to be in it, and it’s all right imo. definitely worth the sipping

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

signalnoise posted:

I think you should just watch more of that guy. He's a good guy

I'm considering doing the paper plane first. But I dunno if I really want to spend $125 on the alcohol for a drink I've never tried. Haha.

Probably do something like a blue hawaiian which I can probably do for like $25.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
wrong thred

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Alcohol is a group 1 carcinogen, the same group as asbestos and tobacco.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/alcohol-warning-labels-cancer-1.6304816

Apparently it's been this way for decades, but gently caress you 2022 anyway, I hate you.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

If you're an alcoholic your company legally has to let you go outside every hour to down one of those airplane bottles of jose cuervo. I have a system where I alternate smoke and drink breaks and now I don't even work anymore. Paycheck's a little late this month but HR said not to worry about it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
69 days no booze.

;)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

69 days no booze.

;)
nice

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

69 days no booze.

;)

hope you can spoil yourself just a smidge with something enjoyable and sober to celebrate this very :nice: personal milestone

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Apparently it's been this way for decades, but gently caress you 2022 anyway, I hate you.

In this day in age you're worried about getting cancer from these things and not, you know, air and water, you're doing it wrong. Hence the prop 65 labels on EVERYTHING, you're gonna get cancer from just about anything.

Don't drink though, do weed instead.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

my neighbor who smokes a lot said cancer is caused by negative thoughts rather than smoking and he seems to be in the know about this stuff

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah I'd never get cancer, gently caress that

*eats*

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

You millennials and your cancer culture!

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Greg from HTD seems like good people

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i once had a mixed drink that tasted like a fuzzy peach candy it was delicious.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

interwhat posted:

In this day in age you're worried about getting cancer from these things and not, you know, air and water, you're doing it wrong. Hence the prop 65 labels on EVERYTHING, you're gonna get cancer from just about anything.

Don't drink though, do weed instead.

Yeah, but when it's in the category that says "this definitely causes cancer, there's no question about it", it matters a bit more.

Cancer is an awful terrible thing. I've got kids. We should all be looking after ourselves. :shobon:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah, but when it's in the category that says "this definitely causes cancer, there's no question about it", it matters a bit more.

Cancer is an awful terrible thing. I've got kids. We should all be looking after ourselves. :shobon:

That's the problem with kids, they really wreck your nihilism

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

i once had a mixed drink that tasted like a fuzzy peach candy it was delicious.

was it a fuzzy navel? despite the name, it is awfully tasty; or at any rate was, the last time I had one. it’s been a minute.

white russians: also a fine choice. the Dude has the right of it in this, imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i drank a lot of eggnog white russians at an xmas party and had a nice sleepwalking sesh that night lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

signalnoise posted:

That's the problem with kids, they really wreck your nihilism

I cry like a bitch at the dumbest sappiest stuff now and I don't need alcohol making that problem worse

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

I too have one, but instead of not drinking, we are slowly removing plastic from our lives as we learn more and more about how horribly toxic and permanent it is. I'm not gonna try and prevent cancer cause a lot of it's genetic predisposition. I'm down a lot of family members on both sides. 😕 Mom survived leukemia almost 25 years ago though, she's my optimism. Pretty big drinker she is too lol, but we all cut way back. My household avoids drinking on weekdays and it's good

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

CBC.CA has some balls standing against something that's used in nearly every country, culture and race, for at least the past 8,000 years. In moderation alcohol is fine.
Everything will kill you eventually.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 14, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

people seem to have no fuckin problem driving cars like assholes everyday despite it being the #1 cause of fatalities in young adults

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

numberoneposter posted:

people seem to have no fuckin problem driving cars like assholes everyday despite it being the #1 cause of fatalities in young adults

What you don't seem to understand is that when you are driving, no one else in the world matters. Just you. In fact, no one else is really there. It's just you and the road that belongs to you.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Well What Now posted:

Consider taking up posting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Progress. Made a Blue Hawaiian and loved it.