Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's never really been a thing for me. But I think maybe I should start buying some liquor and glasses and things and making a cocktail in the evenings.

What do you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The only thing I've understood so far was someone insulting my posting. I'm guessing all of you are drunk right now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can I still walk my dogs when I've been drinking?

I am in the USA, after all. A country where drinking is supposed to be legal but has tons of laws that make it seem like its not. For instance, it is not legal to walk around drinking. It's not legal to be drunk while outside. But it is legal to be drunk in a bar. But it's not legal to leave the bar once you are drunk because now you are outside.

Drinking and driving should be illegal, of course.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So I want a yummy drink. Something where I don't realize I'm drinking.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

signalnoise posted:

Just a warning, in case you're being honest about not drinking much before- When you say "yummy drink where I don't realize I'm drinking," eventually, someone will suggest a long island iced tea. Do not trust anyone who says that. They are being honest, because when it's made well, it's a yummy drink that masks the alcohol very well. However, it is made to get you drunk as hell. I guess the that should be amended to "do not trust anyone who says that unless you are looking to get drunk as hell". Basically what I'm saying is you should get a long island iced tea

I thought the LIIT was just grabbing the basic poo poo and putting a shot of each and then some coke? Like gin, rum, vodka and coke or something like that? I don't see how that could ever taste good.

Yes. Exactly. I want a chocolate choo choo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I've gotten to the point where I want to buy a cocktail mixing set. Or those big stainless steel cups that you shake things in and a mini-collander or whatever it is called.

No one has suggested a foofy yummy drink, though. Something like a Harlot Ripper or a Krakatoa Survivor. You know the sort. They have things like blue curacao in them and umbrellas. And silly names that elicit happy colors and escapes from reality.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think people misunderstood. I don't planning on being an alcoholic. I just like the idea of having a drink in the evening every so often. But I want some idea of how to make them myself.

So I have been doing what I always do when something interests me. Research.

And youtube just gave me this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozdlXQW_eA

I think it's pretty funny.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

signalnoise posted:

I think you should just watch more of that guy. He's a good guy

I'm considering doing the paper plane first. But I dunno if I really want to spend $125 on the alcohol for a drink I've never tried. Haha.

Probably do something like a blue hawaiian which I can probably do for like $25.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

numberoneposter posted:

people seem to have no fuckin problem driving cars like assholes everyday despite it being the #1 cause of fatalities in young adults

What you don't seem to understand is that when you are driving, no one else in the world matters. Just you. In fact, no one else is really there. It's just you and the road that belongs to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Progress. Made a Blue Hawaiian and loved it.