Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I made the mistake of going to a nice bar with a girl who doesn't drink. That itself wasn't the mistake. But I'm a seasoned drinker (alcoholic) at the time and so looking for drinks the bartender suggested LIITs. I thought nothing of it because hey, a LIIT is a nice starter.

So we're chatting and drinking and after she has like a few mouthfuls I go "uh hey, actually maybe a bad choice of drink, would you like a coke or something instead?" Which she agreed to.

Seeing someone go red after a few sips was sobering (lol) and I'm glad I suggested a mixer to drink instead, because she admitted she would have felt obliged to drink it all, and it was tasty.

Moral of the story, suggest drinks based on other's drinking capability, not your own. Haven't made that mistake again, and glad it worked out okay. We had a good night anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Your story doesn't check out. No bartender at a nice bar would recommend LIITs.

They were $21 each.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I paid for them, and 18-25 is pretty normal here. AUD, not USD.