Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Hi. Current specs:

Device name DESKTOP-HDB4OAL
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

One monitor is an Asus VA24D, one is an older Asus model I don't remember the name for. the va24d is new, and I'm trying to connect it with DisplayPort to act as a second monitor. Try as I might, though, I can't seem to get the DisplayPort thing to work. I've reinstalled my drivers, I've installed the specific DisplayPort drivers (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/), I've restarted more times than I can count, nothing seems to work. I've confirmed that the monitor output is DP, it's like my card isn't recognizing it at all. I'm not entirely sure if I can even check internally. I've made sure to blow on the connector for both and I've unplugged both sides, waited 5-10 minutes, and replugged them, still nothing. From what I can tell on Google this seems to be a fairly common problem with this GPU and I'm not sure why. In the NVIDIA Control Panel it doesn't recognize the DP monitor as plugged in at all, and the "Rigorous Display Detection" thing doesn't seem to make it show up, either.

I don't even need my second monitor to be particularly GOOD, just for youtube and stuff. Not planning on extended display for gaming or two different games or anything. Normally I would just plug this into my processor's integrated graphics and be good to go but APPARENTLY I have one of the few intel CPUs that don't have an integrated card, so that won't work either. I'm really not sure what else I can do other than order a secondary lovely GPU for the monitor but with GPU prices right now that seems like a terrible idea. Are there any avenues I can take that I haven't explored yet that could work? I would be fine with peripherals or something, I'm not sure there's anything I can use to plug two monitors into one HDMI output outside of a splitter which seems to just make two identical outputs.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just annoyed at this and would like it to work. Any help is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

You could try a different DP cable if you haven't already. It's possible the cable is damaged or the port is damaged.