Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Without the taboo list it just feels like so many cards are auto-include because of how good they are, and while Arkham Horror is difficult enough I feel no guilt at all picking the best decks/cards I can, it does get boring to have the same cards in every deck every time.

Drawing Thin without the XP cost, non-Exceptional Key of Ys like DontMockMySmock said, Rex/Milan's infinite clues and resources.

It also ends up buffing some stuff making it playable! Scroll of Secrets, Telescoic Sight and all the 'symbol' cards are some standouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I just finished a campaign with Power Word on Parallel Agnes, and yeah it was incredible, almost certainly too strong. But man, these nerfs seem like A LOT.

Throw on some Fine Clothes and the willpower test is almost negligible, but removing Mercy and having to pay an extra 1XP for Cower is pretty drat rough.

Rythian fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 31, 2023

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Favor of the Sun/Moon and Paradoxical Covenant is going to be amazing for this guy.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

I thought it would probably not be a good idea to double up on the same class, so I'll be building decks for Akachi and Vincent. Since I am terrible at evaluating cards and haven't played in a long time (or really very much at all), I've decided to hit up good ol' Arkham DB for some help with the deck lists. I have a few questions for the thread: 1) Is the Akachi list linked below well put together?

Akachi Onyele

I can highly recommend this deck, it's very fun and very strong. You feel like you c an do a lot, and very well. There's a small argument for either changing Ally, if you can afford the loss of card draw, or Charisma to add another. I find health soak can be a bit of a weakness, but you're an offensive powerhouse, both damage and clues.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Well, they're resource cards, so Emergency Cache always works as a replacement, if not quite as good.

Maybe Burglary, Burning the Midnight Oil, Crack the Case.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Pretty sure it's limit 1 mask in play rather than in deck.

Yeah, that's how it works, same as Haste and stuff like that.

"Limit 1 Mask per investigator." vs "Limit 1 per deck."

Rythian fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Kohaku's excellence comes more from the bless/curse tokens at will than the extra actions, IMO. Throw in some Favors of the Sun/Moon, his signature book, and cram your deck full of assets and events that wants symbols to be revealed (Armageddon, Eye of Chaos, Upgraded Read the Signs/Spectral Razor), skills like Diabolical Luck or Fey...

I'm running a campaign with a friend playing it right now and it's doing serious work.