Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
stackham horror's webmaster took it down last month as it will not be necessary with the transition to two boxes for expansions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
also, the growing multiclass investigators own to build for. feels very different and weird.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yeah the no-thought impulse here for me is rogue / survivor. You need the money and some of the best allies in the game are rogue. Survivor makes your weak stats useful for the actions you have that aren't being boosted by an ally

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
how are you supposed to use the taboo stuff and whatever in a physical game. do they print new versions of the cards or something

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
AoD is kind of sad to use with Old Shotgun because you get no boost to fist or resources, but it's very good to use with a different more expensive weapon to retrieve old shotgun, because playing old shotgun from the graveyard while a fight event is active allows it to come in play with the "while an event" part of the card triggers

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
one thing that i'd like to see for this game going forward is some concept of a cycle, in the style of other lcgs. There's something very neat about building with a less than full set of cards that will get slowly diminished as the card set grows larger. Maybe even some sort of randomizer where you only have access to a subset of the released expansions.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'm playing through dunwich 3p with a brand new player and I think it's a good intro actually. If you know the heights the later campaigns achieve dunwich is kinda eh but if you don't its a cool cthulhu story with a lot of interactivity, a train that gets yeteed into the cosmos, and gambling! The low xp per scenario is kinda nice for new players bc they get to think about the cards they add with more granularity.

Maybe the best campaign for new players out right now is edge of the earth though I think bc it experiments in a fun way with encounter design and consequences.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

I haven’t played since Circle Undone. What’s good for a solo player that’s been released since then?

Oh ho ho my friend you want to look at what Dirty Fighting can do for some of your Agile investigators

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
rolling around up to 4 free allies (that can't soak) seems very powerful, but I wonder if its powerful enough to make up for that awful weakness or the fact that his new parallel power is still fundamentally at the mercy of token draw (although adding a charge is waaay better than just treating skulls as 0s.)

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
what this is really doing is tempting me into trying to buy the dunwich cycle in its current blister form instead of waiting for the big box release.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

You mean Innsmouth right? (not trying to be a correcting rear end, just making sure you know it's Innsmouth that has the curse/bless stuff if that's what you're wanting. The big box of Dunwich is already out if you want that)

right sorry yea! that's what I mean.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
that's right. because each instance of choosing is a new effect

this also means that Earthly Serentity can make Carolyn extremely rich very quickly now

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
sorry for your loss

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
What's yalls opinion on the spookiest campaign.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
really nice to have a permanent +slot for hands and things. there's a good amount of fun things that can go in there.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I wonder if it upgrades to blanking the text box entirely

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Nebrilos posted:

So she is the reason they nerfed Power Word, huh?

100%. that's definitely the reason

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
There's definitely some support coming for him in this xpac we haven't seen yet. There's no level 1 improvise or upgrade cards outside of blue right now, for example, so that makes little detail in his deck building makes no sense as of yet.

My biggest hope would be a way to tutor Wilson's signature so I can make stupid old shotgun decks based around his ability. That or some at-a-cost blue recursion or card draw.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
You absolutely can ad hoc with big sledgehammer. The action icon refers to a type of action. "Ignoring all costs" includes the the three action icons. I think that still makes Wilson a flex rather than a dedicated fighter, but makes him hit like a drat truck when he wants to

E: pushed to the limit also works. So that's many ouch

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 18, 2023

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Hand eye coordination + big sledgehammer = ker blam

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Melee weapons are simple and Just Work until they don't. There's a lot more bad guy cards that penalize you for melee weapons than there are ones that penalize you for firearms or spells.
In general the direction for firearms has been "higher possible damage and efficiency ceiling in exchange for lower possible floor." With Custom modifications from scarlet keys, firearm gets a convincing niche as highly reliable damage sources. But if you are going firearms, you have to put more effort (cards & actions) into making them work. You need ways to get more ammunition in them and you want events to take advantage of their trait.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Original Core set is 6 dollars on miniature market for cyber Monday!

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgahc01.html it's not the revised tho so if you do get it get 2

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 27, 2023

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i just started the Binder Method, after previously using a big box. The box was nicer for me but worse for my friends, who don't have an obsessive's knowledge of what cards exist and want the ease of browsing that binders provide. I have one for each class and one for neutral/multiclass.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Stella is probably one of the most thematic investigators to Kramer into a campaign halfway through, too. But it's a bit that only really lands once. After that you're just transitioning to a really strong investigator after yours dies as a reliable play pattern.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

We play from only my collection (on account of nobody else having one). My biggest deckbuilding challenge is to build 3 or 4 investigator decks that are reasonable strong, fun to play, work well together AND have a minimum overlap in cards so we don't have to proxy too much. Having to switch investigators mid campaign is not an option in those circumstances.
I agree, my post wasn't an endorsement of that idea. More that it's cute to transition to Stella but it's not really good for the game for this kind of play pattern to exist

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Gooniest card in the game so far.

Very interesting effect tho! Obviously great in Wilson and probably Kate, but there's a few rogues with seeker access who'd love to recharge some tools

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

Recently put all my investigator cards in binders:

Can't wait to buy another investigator expansion and have to shift every single card over!

Where'd you get the graphics for those binders

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Absolution could be good in Carolyn. Each separate instance of healing would be resolved independently, so she or the target gets one resource per sanity healed, making the card "pay x, reveal tokens equal to x + 3, gain resources and heal sanity among investigators equal to bless tokens revealed, add 1 bless token for every non symbol token revealed." Which means she can afford to really pump this card up and likely gain most of her money back, especially in campaigns or with decks that have a lot of extra symbols on the bag.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Wow the cat mask is great for our beleaguered phone operator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
my interest in this really only extends as far as the LCG co op thing being interesting. I'd play a completely differently themed game with a near identical system. Good luck with the rest of the arkham ip if they are planning on sunsetting this game (not sure why that keeps coming up, there seems to be no offiical communication to that effect)