Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Katsuyori Shibata vs ~Mystery Opponent~ NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 04.01

The swerve of the century followed by the most brutal pro wrestling clinic I've seen in a long, long time.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

WMOTYC: EVIL vs Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 04.01

And to balance things out, here’s some dogshit. Even Ishii can’t overcome the powerful bullshit aura of BC EVIL. Worst thing in NJPW bar none

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

It hurts my heart to give Ishii a WMOTYC nom, so for the record I want to clarify that the garbage was all on the part of EVIL, his dogshit faction and the inexplicable dumbshit booking of everything involving HoT.

Ishii’s gonna read this thread and make sure every single one of his matches from this point on will be MOTYC

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Dangerous Tekkers vs. Goto/YOSHI-HASHI, Wrestle Kingdom 16, 1/4

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs Kazuchika Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 16, 1/4

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Nah. Pro wrestling is good my friend :)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kevino07 posted:

Someone helpfully linked to this match in the WWE thread, so can add another match to the WMOTYC pile and save New Japan's blushes:

WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs. Omos - WWE Raw, 01/03

~4 minutes of dogshit

https://streamlala.com/jGOfr/

Aww, AJ is working his rear end off to try to make this useless giant look like a threat. Can I give an HM not to the match itself but just AJ Styles :shobon:

Anyway I’ll WMOTYC it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid vs Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Not gonna lie, I haven't watched much Stardom but after this match I think I have to start.

Same

Also

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask (C) vs. The Mega Coaches vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 1/5

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: KENTA vs Hiroshi Tanahashi NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Turns out that a rarely seen garbage wrestling plunder match in New Japan and and even more rarely seen Dark Tanahashi makes for one hell of a banger.

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm in shock at that great match too, but is this a second? :shobon:

Yeah it is

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTY: Taichi vs. DOUKI - JTO TakaTaichiMania 3 (1/10)

loving incredible nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Nth this

Suplex de la Luna is extremely cool, so is seeing Milano getting mental at ringside for this.

My one complaint is not getting to hear Nobu sing.

Despy has a great voice though, raspy and not entirely toneless

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wwe rules

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m glad more people are being exposed to the wonderful horrible slime that is Jay White

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/13

This match was fantastic, and wildly different from a normal Hiromu match.... well, as normal as anything involving Hiromu can get. The time calls kept blowing my minds, and their poor chests :gonk:

Seconded fav pro wrestling poo poo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Will Smith vs. Chris Rock, The Oscars, 27/03

Eh, really short and I feel like Will could’ve worked a bit stiffer to really sell the emotion. HM at best

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MOTYC: STEEL CHAIN MATCH The San vs Toni Tamminen, FCF Wrestling Show Live!, 4/9

Two of the somewhat younger FCF talents finally getting the spotlight and putting together an excellent main event to cap off a two-year story and rivalry. Great storytelling and some very neat stuff involving the chain. Both of these guys showed they deserve to be featured more prominently from now on.

Just wish I could show it to you :shrug:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 9, 2022

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Vacant IWGP US Championship - NJPW Dontaku 5/1

There are rules and restrictions in place in Japan where the crowd aren't allowed to do more than clap and stamp their feet. The Japanese fans have been very good about following these restrictions. This match was so loving good they just went,"gently caress that," and lost their loving minds, and it's entirely understandable.

Absolutely

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Toni Harting (c) vs Mike D. Vecchio, GWF World Title match, GWF Battlefield 2022 9/25

Excellent match. I knew nothing about either guy watching this at the venue and was hooting & hollering at the end. I probably saw GWF’s entire roster tonight and these two guys definitely stood out.

It’s already on YT, skip to 1:50:30 for the bell https://youtu.be/_zp5U8Atee4

If you have time for and interest in a pretty good Royal Rumble-style match, the main event starts at the 2 h 40 min mark. It is a full hour in length.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GWF’s show Chaos City 7 (23/10) just ended a couple of hours ago

Good show, although GWF seems to routinely do 3+ hour shows which seems a bit long. Anyway, had fun and saw some v. good wrassles.

HM: Péter Thanyi vs Erkan Sulcani - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=2343 or 39:00 if the timestamp doesn’t work

Really slick match, I like both of these guys a lot

Axel Tischer vs Pascal Spalter - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=7940 or at around 2:12:30 if the timestamp doesn’t work

Axel Tischer is the man formerly known as Alexander Wolfe in NXT UK. Match took a bit of time to get going but when it did, it got good.

HM: Toni Harting (c) vs Joey Cabray, GWF World Championship - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=11580 or at 3:13:00 if the timestamp doesn’t work

There’s a reason this guy is GWF’s champion, he is really loving good. The crowd had zero idea who Joey Cabray but got into him a whole lot as this match went on.

GWF is some good wrestling, I highly recommend it y’all. There will be a match at the next event that I’m VERY hyped about, two of my favs in the promotion thus far will be having a singles match… if it is as good as I think it could be, I’ll nominate it for MOTYC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Who cares about this ”AEW” and ”Japan” poo poo when you could be watching German pro wrestling instead

GWF Legacy 27 11/20

Full show https://youtu.be/OGPVretEInw

HM: Tim Stübing vs Ahura vs Senza Volto vs Metehan (bell at 0:45:15)
Germans can do flippy Scheiße as well

HM: Mike D Vecchio vs Erkan Sulcani, GWF Berlin Championship (bell at 1:39:10)
Could’ve been a MOTYC but due to bad sightlines I missed a couple of moments so I’m not sure! Will rewatch the match when I get home from work and reconsider the nomination

HM: Orlando Silver vs Heisenberg, Loserweight Championship (video package at 3:07:55, bell at 3:13:35)
More for the angle and postmatch etc., but match was a pleasant surprise as well

MOTYC: Toni Harting vs Pascal Spalter, GWF World Championship (bell 3:38:25)
The top GWF talents could honestly be stars anywhere in the world.

GWF is a seriously good promotion and I think I’ll be keeping up with it after I return to Finland. It’s only one show a month anyway.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 21, 2022