Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Jade Cargill vs Ruby Soho, TBS Title Match, AEW: Dynamite 1/5/22

So I was thinking about this for like 5 minutes on if I wanted to nominate this or not. Like the match itself...existed, but I think putting the title on Jade was the wrong decision. Felt like the title should have gone on Ruby even if just for a little bit, to ignite a bit of fire for the new belt. But the botches and the finish being...a thing did not help anyone involved in this match. AEW putting the title on Jade right now is a massive gamble considering how green she is still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Women's Royal Rumble, 1/30

Strong contender for the worst Rumble match of all time

Nth. When Shane McMahon throws more believable punches than the winner, that is a real bad omen.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Bianca BelAir vs Carmella, WWE RAW 1/31/22

Pretty sure the polar ice caps had more heat than this match. It wasn't BAD from a wrestling perspective, but 95% of the match were heat spots, along with Carmella's constant screeching and commentary bickering. There are graveyards with more life than the audience had with this match. It was a 5:30 match apparently, but it felt more like a 10+ minute match with all of the constant heat spots.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I had to think about this for like a solid minute but...

HM: Syuri vs Giulia, World of Stardom Title Match, Stardom Climax Day 1, 3/26/22

An excellent match that I wanted real bad to give an MOTYC nod to. Like really bad. But the constant and nasty shots to the head were no good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Put in spoiler tags because it spoils one of the results of night 1 of the Stardom show

MOTYC: Syuri vs Mayu Iwatani, STARDOM World Climax, Night 2, 3/27/22

Absolutely excellent match and finish.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs Becky Lynch, Wrestlemania 2022 Night 1, 4/2/22

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Seth Rollins vs Cody Rhodes, Wrestlemania 2022, 4/2/22.

Rough start but got real good at the end.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WMOTY Charlotte Rhonda WM 2022

Yup. What a loving turd of a match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jackofarcades posted:

MOTYC: Stone Cold vs Kevin Owens WM 38

I can go for this or an HM because I was cackling with glee by the end of it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: RKBro vs Alpha Academy vs Street Profits, Wrestlemania 2022 Night 2.

A fun little match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Johnny Knoxville vs Sami Zayn, Wrestlemania 2022, Night 2, 4/3/22

Unironically one of the funniest and goofiest matches I have ever seen.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Pat McAfee vs Austin Theory, Wrestlemania 2022, Night 2

Pat is good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Pat McAfee vs Vince McMahon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Wrestlemania 2022.

God I hate Roman's title reign so much.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Mandy Rose vs Dakota Kai, NXT 4/12/22.

This match had an incredibly awkward pace, Mandy was wrestling like she was in molasses, and the finish was loving stupid as the ref saw Dakota very blatantly take a belt shot to the face from Mandy but counted the pin anyways.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nth to all of the MOTYC nods for Dynamite above, however:

WMOTYC: Marina Shafir vs Skye Blue, AEW Dynamite 4/13/22. Pretty sure graveyards were more alive than the audience was for that match, which was also incredibly not good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Lash Legend/Natalya vs Cora Jade/Nikkita Lyons, NXT Spring Breakin 5/3/22.

While this match wasn't completely terrible unlike last week's Lash vs Lyons match, it was still really loving bad and went on for way too long. Also Lash still can't sell worth a drat.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 4, 2022

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Omos vs Bobby Lashley, Wrestlemania Backlash, 5/8/22.

Omos is the absolute worst giant WWE has ever employed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O'Reilly in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Semi-Final - AEW Dynamite 5/25

Joe's a little older, a little slower, but a LOT meaner. O'Reilly's a little hosed up trash goblin man. The match is a delight.
Nthed

Might get some vetos for this, but what the hell:

WMOTC: Britt Baker vs Toni Storm, Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Semi-Final AEW Dynamite 5/25

Not counting the dirty finish, the match was clunky and Britt really did not need this win. Her push is getting incredibly oppressive. She's basically reaching Charlotte Flair levels of go-away heat with me.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch vs Asuka - WWE Hell In A Cell 6/5

Sure. Finish was loving dumb though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
DMOTYC: Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins, HIAC 6/5/22

The D stands for dumbest. Cody is dumb as poo poo but I will give him credit for doing this. But it was still insanely loving stupid.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Marina Shafir, AEW Dynamite, 6/8/22

They either have no chemistry or Marina is just awful. Doesn't help that the audience did not give a gently caress at all.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Lash Legend vs Indi Hartwell, WWE NXT 7/12/22

The match itself was bad but the finish was probably the saddest thing I will see this year in a match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Nth.

Saddest Match of The Year (for bad reasons) Ric Flair & Andrade el Idolo vs. Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett.

Yes but I'll actually give it a WMOTYC nod so it actually belongs in this thread

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
No one watches NXT UK so it likely won't get enough nominations but:

WMOTYC: Blair Davenport vs Isla Dawn, #1 Contender's Match, NXT UK 8/4/22

The setup to the match was absolutely loving wretched (WWE falsely advertising a match that actually had a decent chunk of fans excited!), the match itself was wretched (both women were completely out of sync), and the finish was beyond stupid (a double DQ) when two more women ran in and started brawling with everyone.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Bobby Lashley vs Ciampa, WWE RAW 8/8/22.

A good match especially in the second half.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Santos Escobar vs Tony D'Angelo, WWE NXT Heatwave, 8/16/22.

Excellent match with a hot crowd and great finish.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE RAW, 8/22/22

WMOTYC: Bayley vs Aliyah

This match was absolutely loving awful. The audience did not care in the slightest about Aliyah (despite this being in her hometown), who Graves pretty much all but buried on commentary through the entire match, especially when she started getting gassed. None of Aliyah's offense looked good in the slightest either. As an aside, Bayley really loving needs a new finisher, the Roseplant is bad. Really bad.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

MOTYC - Gunther v. Sheamus, Clash at the Castle

That was like…the platonic ideal of what that match could be. Incredibly fun on every level.

Nth. You probably won't be able to find another match this year that has as many chops as that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Ricochet vs. Carmelo Hayes, NXT Worlds Collide, 9/4

Nth.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Women's Fatal 5-Way elimination match, WWE Smackdown 9/9/22

They fed pretty much the entire Smackdown Women's roster to Ronda. In like 5 minutes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Johnny Gargano vs Chad Gable, WWE RAW, 9/12/22.

Real fun match with lots of cool reversals and technical wrestling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Ronda Rousey vs Emma, WWE Smackdown 10/28/22

Audience was dead for this which dragged it down, but Ronda absolutely loving sucked here, holy poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Emma's back in WWE? Well I hope it works out well for her though it sounds like it isn't!

4thed. Bad audio mix detracted but it was real good regardless.

Emma wasn't even the bad part of that match. You could see her TRYING to get Ronda to do something actually noteworthy but nope. Ronda was just completely loving devoid of charisma, sloppy, and killed the audience dead with boring rear end offense.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Ronda Rousey vs Shotzi, Survivor Series 2022.

Holy smokes this match was awful.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Giulia vs Syuri, STARDOM Dream Queendom, 12/29/22

Great match where both ladies beat the devil out of each other. Wheels started falling off at the finish though, but not enough to detract from the match imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Bianca Belair vs Alexa Bliss, WWE RAW, 1/2/23.

THE LORE OF THE FIEND (also Alexa is loving dogshit rear end terrible in the ring)