Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
MOTYC - Chris Brookes vs Suzu Suzuki - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

HM - Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Senosister Mao Inoue, MAO, & Shunma Katsumata vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki) & Sanshiro Takagi - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

HM - Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Sera - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC Psycho Clown vs Gringo Loco, GCW 2/5

lol, lmfao

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Vikingo vs John Superstar - AAA 2/20

this takes a while to get going but climaxes in one of the hottest finishing stretches i've seen in this company. the rain probably scared them off a lot of spots and it's ultimately at the low end of HM for me but they definitely sent the crowd home happy on a very mixed show. vikingo is carrying this company and jomo had a great showing in his first match back

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1495265888588681217

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Nodoka Tenma vs Yuki Aino, TJPW Grand Princess 3/19 - this had the classic tag team explodes problem of "we have no singles finishers to tease!!!" but I thought it was really solid. would recommend the Japanese commentary if you're watching later; I like the English commentary on this show overall but they were a bit muddled for this one

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

HM: StrongHearts/Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi/Satoshi Kojima/Tiger Mask, NJPW New Japan Cup, 27/03

Super fun nostalgia-fest

hell yeah

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: Bandido vs. Speedball Mike Bailey - Wrestlecon Mark Hitchcock Memorilam Show 3/31

that like the first match of the weekend i will actually remember at the end of the year so seconded

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow 3/31
MOTYC: Taya Valkyrie vs John Morrison aka Johnny Wrestlecon aka Johnny Dishes aka Johnny Doghouse - Husband vs Wife, Dirty Dishes Match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC Josh Alexander, Black Taurus, and Ace Austin vs. Michael Oku, Rey Horus, and Laredo Kid - Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow 3/31

i'm usually more stingy with my MOTYCs but i didn't stop smiling once during this match, hell of a sprint

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WMOTYC - Team Onita vs Team PCO, Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow 3/31

this is what wrestlemania weekend is all about, folks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

fez_machine posted:

HM
4/1/22 Zick Dice's Trouble In Paradise

Lince Dorado vs. Black Taurus

nth'd, this is the best thing ive seen lince dorado do since leaving wwe for sure

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM 4/1/2022 - Speedball Mike Bailey vs Switchblade Jay White - NJPW Lonestar Shootout
HM 4/1/2022 - Chris Dickinson vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Lonestar Shootout

make sure to check these out whenever they make it to NJPW World

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ThaddeusBandido posted:

MOTYC: Johnathan Gresham v. Bandido for the Undisputed ROH Championship

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM Tony Deppen vs Biff Busick - GCW Joey Janela's Spring Break Pt 2, 4/2

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM Minoru Suzuki vs EFFY - GCW Joey Janela's Spring Break Pt 2, 4/2

best match suzuki has had this weekend

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

e: wrong thread gdi

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WMOTYC The Greatest Clusterfuck - GCW Joey Janela's Spring Break Pt 2, 4/2

the happiest i've ever been to watch such a bad match , a record that will stand at least until AAA's old man tournament starts

to be clear this isnt like a workrate complaint because its, yknow, the clusterfuck, it just was just super poorly laid out and booked and not in the on purpose way

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs Becky Lynch, Wrestlemania 2022 Night 1, 4/2/22

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

MOTYC: Stone Cold vs Kevin Owens WM 38

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed, it was painfully bad at the start but then it improved out of sight and it basically wrapped up for life my WWE watching experience in a positive way, which I didn't think was possible. If that's how WWE ends forever, I'm good with that.

but j-ru!! night 2 will have a 30 minute edge match!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent? - AEW Rampage 4/8
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta - AEW Rampage 4/8

yup

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wmotyc: blue demon jr vs rayo de jalistico jr - triplemania xxx monterrey - 4/30/22

this wasn't nearly as catastrophic as the infamous minus five stars cmll match from a few years ago but boy its up there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM:
Saki Akai & Yuki Kamifuku vs. Miu Watanabe & Miyu Yamashita - TJPW Go Go Do It 5/5

This loving ruled, I usually don't expect much from smaller TJPW shows but goddamn this could have been on a Korakuen any day

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Miyu Yamashita vs Masha Slamovich - Prestige Roseland 3, 5/10/28
MOTYC: Maki Itoh vs Mia Yim - Prestige Roseland 3, 5/10/28

i'm kinda stingy with my picks and also spent a large part of watching this also playing video games, but will say if you go and watch the vod of this, i'd also recommend watching Willow Nightingale vs Taya Valkyrie, Violence Is Forever vs a face team I forgot the name of but they seemed pretty drat good, and Tom Lawlor vs Alex Shelley

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay, Double or Nothing

thought this was a smart little midcard title match, didn't overstay its welcome, anna had a couple great spots and got some big face pops (the double ddt on the baddies!) and both wrestlers got a crowd that had zero reason to give a gently caress about this match super into it even before all the fun debuts and run ins

i probably wouldn't normally hand it an HM but it's my third favorite match so far tonight and i'm annoyed it got a WMOTYC while that fuckin plodding joe/cole match got an HM :mad:

also seconding

Rarity posted:

MOTC: House of Black vs. Death Triangle, AEW Double or Nothing, 29/05

God loving drat

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: MJF vs. Wardlow, AEW Double or Nothing, 29/05

Perfection

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Kyle O'Reilly, AEW Double or Nothing, 29/05

Very rough and very scrappy, really felt like they were trying to gently caress each other up

nth. reminded me of some of darby's best evolve matches, right down to the finish :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch vs Asuka - WWE Hell In A Cell 6/5

it's botchy enough i debated giving it the full MOTYC but i was genuinely on the edge of my seat throughout in a way i haven't gotten from wwe at all this year outside of the stunt matches at mania. absolutely going to be a top 10 WWE match of the year; i know that's grading on a curve but that's still better than a lot of the random-rear end dynamite/rampage matches that have pulled MOTYC noms here lol

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

streamed on iwtv so presumedly there will be a vod out there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: Black Taurus vs. Rey Fenix vs. Bandido vs. Hijo del Vikingo vs. Laredo Kid - AAA Triplemania Tijuana 6/19

this and also

MOTYC Psycho Clown vs Villano IV - AAA Triplemania Tijuana 6/19

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DDT King of DDT Finals 2022, 7/3
HM: Yuki Ueno vs Naomi Yoshimura
HM: Chris Brookes & Andrew Everett vs MAO & Shunma
MOTYC: King Of DDT Final Match - Kazusada Higuchi vs Naomi Yoshimura

(this whole show owned I'm just picky with my noms, definitely recommend watching Higuchi/Akiyama as well at the very least!)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TJPW Summer Sun Princess '22 7/9

HM: Miu Watanabe vs. Ryo Mizunami
HM: Riho& Arisu Endo vs Mei Suruga & Suzume
MOTYC: Maki Itoh vs Alex Windsor

this show is fuckin wild

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TJPW Summer Sun Princess '22 7/9

HM: Mei Suruga and Suzume vs Riho and Arisu Endo
HM: Miyu Yamashita vs. Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: Magical Sugar Rabbits vs Yuki Arai and Saki Akai
HM: Shoko Nakajima vs Rika Tatsumi

good drat show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

n'thing

MOTYC Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs ASUKA - Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle July 10th

other matches were fun too, I will try to watch more Sendai Girls this year whenever they got a show airing at a good time like this

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

PlasticAutomaton posted:

MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta (c) VS Daniel Garcia for the RoH Pure Championship

yup

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. Rush, ROH Death Before Dishonor, July 23

I'm normally pickier about my MOTYCs but I am just so loving happy to see a full-effort Rush for the first time in literally three years

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Lady Shani vs El Hijo De Tirantes - AAA 8/5

waht in the gently caress did i just watch

graph posted:

AEW Rampage 8/5

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Mance Warner
HM: Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee vs. Tony Nese & Josh Woods

also this

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

TJPW Princess Cup 8/13
HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs Suzume - Princess Cup Semifinals
MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita vs Miu Watanabe - Princess Cup Semifinals

hell yea. i'm stingy with my noms but this whole show was a great time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Max The Impaler & Yuki Aino vs Shoko Nakajima & Rika Tatsumi - TJPW Princess Cup 9 8/14
HM: Miu Watanabe vs. Yuka Sakazaki in the Princess Cup Final - TJPW Princess Cup 9 8/14

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

MOTYC - Gunther v. Sheamus, Clash at the Castle

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AEW All Out, 09/04
MOTYC: Ishii vs Kingston
HM: The Elite vs Hangman Adam Page & The Dark Order
MOTYC: Swerve in Our Glory vs The Acclaimed

this show was weird as hell and mostly underwhelming, but the two major concerns I had going in were "Ishii is just gonna show up for a house show singles match at the last minute" and "the tag title match is so underbuilt it's gonna get zero time and no reaction" and holy gently caress I am glad I was wrong about both of those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

some of the stuff that gets described as cold on this forum makes me think yall seriously need to rebalance your speaker levels, unless youre expecting the crowd to just scream for 20 minutes