Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - SB KENTo vs. U-T, Dragon Gate in Nagoya, 12/19/21

The fact that Dragon Gate hid this absolute banger of a match on an unaired house show and waited a month to upload the footage to the network just in time to get overshadowed by Wrestle Kingdom is criminal. U-T and Kento have great chemistry, and SBK has spent the last two months working his rear end off as Brave Gate champion as DG has essentially trusted him to headline multiple shows over this stretch, and he's been absolutely nailing it. If you like cool submissions and reversals, this match is for you.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Hangman/Danielson
gently caress yeah this ruled

WMOTYC: Jade Cargil/Ruby Soho
SB KENTo Jade is not, and Ruby isn't nearly good enough to carry someone as bad as her.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen Hall, Night 1, 1/12

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee) vs. R.E.D. (Eita, Kaito Ishida, HYO)

I don't know if I should be even nominating this match because it was in no way an amazing blow away workrate classic, but drat I know at the end of the year I'll still probably be thinking about it more than many others I'm going to see. A complete trainwreck (deliberately) of two units simultaneously imploding, with an amazing post-match to cement the chaos.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I will watch it tonight.

HM
13th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 5
Open The Twin Gate Titles
RED (HYO & SB KENTo) vs Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka

2nd this. Very very good and enjoyed some of Dia's new wacky moves.

From the same show

HM: Kzy, Riki Iihashi, and Ishin Iihashi vs. YAMATO, Shoya Sato, and Ryu Fuda

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTY: Sammy Guevara vs. Cody Rhodes, AEW Dynamite 1/26

On my deathbed, my lungs burning from the blasted hellscape Earth has become, my final words will be "remember that cutter Sammy Guevara hit on Cody Rhodes from a ladder... dope."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

fez_machine posted:

Rumble this year had a big trainwreck aura and with AEW not renewing certain contracts and Cody still a freelancer there was buzz about a possible gently caress you debut

Joke's on you if you expected WWE to do something interesting.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
22nd January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 9
Kota Minoura & Takashi Yoshida vs RED (KAI & Shun Skywalker)

I'm still blown away that Takashi Yoshida is an enjoyable wrestler in TYOOL 2022 but here we are. Also Shun as complete bastard but in the most delusion & cowardly way? Surprisingly good, obviously Shun was already a great in-ring talent but this is a new element to him that is great fun.

Also this show was my 40th 2022 wrestling show so I'm really miserably failing my resolution to watch less wrestling.

2nd this. Excellent match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th February
Open The Truth Gate Night 1
Don Fujii vs Shoya Sato

Really good stuff here in a sense of vet vs rookie match. Super fun.

HM
4th February
HIGH-END (Ben-K, Dragon Kid & Kesiuke Okuda) & Takumi Hayakawa vs Ryu Fuda, Shuji Kondo, Strong Machine J & Ultimo Dragon

HM
4th February
Masquerade (Jason Lee & Kota Minoura) vs Naruki Doi & Takuma Fujiwara vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk & Shun Skywalker)

MOTYC
4th February
Open The Dream Gate Title
KAI vs Takashi Yoshida

Not a traditional Dream Gate vibe, this wouldn't be out of place in All Japan. Very hard hitting.

2nd these.

This is how I'm feeling about the show. Don't think the Dream Gate was blow away but I loved Yoshida getting emotional having the crowd behind him for the first time in a Dream Gate match and it had enough meaty men slapping meat to overcome whatever deficiencies one might point to.

Also throw a nomination to the opener if only for Dia hitting an absolutely perfect moonsault off Yoshioka's back.

HM
4th February
Natural Vibes (Jacky "Funky" Kamei and U-T) vs. Dragon Dia and Yuki Yoshioka.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 5, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th February
Dragongate Open The Truth Gate Night 8 Evening Show
Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka vs HIGH-END (Ben-K & Kagetora)

Dragongate have had some hot openers lately, which makes sense when they stream the opener on YouTube as a teaser. This is another.

MOTYC
20th February
Dragongate Open The Truth Gate Night 8 Evening Show
HIGH-END (Dragon Kid, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO) vs Kaito Ishida, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi

Explosive 6 man tag action, some great & violent exchanges between Okuda & Ishida, calling back to their great Brave Gate feud from 2020.

2nd these. Kick boys be kicking.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate 2/27/22
Hyogo Kobe Art Center

MOTYC: Jacky "Funky" Kamei vs. Takuma Fujiwara

Loling at DG hiding another absolute banger of a match on a hardcam only house show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate 2/27/22
Hyogo Kobe Art Center

MOTYC: Jacky "Funky" Kamei vs. Takuma Fujiwara

Loling at DG hiding another absolute banger of a match on a hardcam only house show.

From the same show

HM: Dragon Dia, Yuki Yoshioka, and Big Boss Shimizu vs. Z-Brats (HYO, KAI, and SB KENTo)

Really fun six man action previewing two title matches for Championship Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate, Glorious Gate at Korakuen Hall, 3/3

HM: Shun Skywalker vs. Jason Lee

One of the best displays of storytelling I've seen in a wrestling match all year. Shun is an amazing heel, and Jason played the valiant babyface perfectly.

HM: Road to K-ness Final Burst Out - Jimmyz (Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda, and Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee!Mee!) vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fuji, Dragon Kid, Kenichiro Arai, and Kono Mama Ichikawa

Delightful nonsense. Playing all the hits on the way out.

HM: High-End (YAMATO, Ben-K, Keisuke Okuda) vs. Gold Class (Naruki Doi, Kota Minoura, Kaito Ishida)

Fun trios with the new unit.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 4, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Dragongate - Champion Gate 2022 Night 1 - March 5, 2022

HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Dragon Dia (c) vs Takuma Fujiwara

Dia's always great, but this was an excellent showing for Fujiwara. He just turned 20 and he's only been out of training for 3 months, but he already looks like a star.

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Natural Vibes [Kzy/U-T/Jacky 'Funky' Kamei] (c) vs Gold Class [Naruki Doi/Kota Minoura/Kaito Ishida]

Fantastic pacing, especially toward the end with all the near falls. Gold Class already has really crisp triple-team offense, and the new Minourita gimmick brought some fun levity as well as a bit of heelish interference from the tweener team.

Brave Gate had enough rad-rear end moves to go to MOTYC for me. If this and the JFK match are the type of matches Fujiwara is putting on 3 months into his career, dude might be the future of DG.

2nd the Triangle Gate match as well.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate - Champion Gate 2022 Night 2 - March 6, 2022

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - D'Courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) vs. Z-Brats (HYO & SB KENTo) vs. Eita & Yosuke Santa Maria
HM: Open the Dream Gate Championship - KAI vs. Big Boss Shimizu

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

2nd that but also from the same show

HM: Gold Class (Kaito Ishida, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, Diamante & Shun Skywalker)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - KAI vs. Big Boss Shimizu

Shun is just an utter prick & it rules.

I was on the bubble with KAI Shimizu between 4 & 4¼ but gently caress it, deserves it.

I went back an re-watched the Dream Gate match, and now being detached from the disappointment of my boy Shimizu not winning, I'd like to upgrade my original HM nom for KAI/Shimizu to MOTYC.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

^^^Nth both of those, and add:

Comedy MOTYC: Konomama 'Stalker' Ichikawa vs Susumu Yokosuka - Dragongate 4/3 Gate of Passion house show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdK9mxkcoPc

Stalker's always fun, but this is some of the best slapstick I've seen from these guys in ages. Ichikawa does his usual match restarting shtick, then goads both of KneSuka and even the referee into beating his rear end. For his part, Susumu is also pretty great at comedy matches, and it's fun to see K-ness get involved before he retires later this week.

Finally got around to watching this and lol that loving finish with the chair killed me. 2nd.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lily Catts posted:

Dragongate Pro-Wrestling
K-ness Final Burst Out! K-ness Forever
2022/04/07

HM: Diamante vs Takuma Fujiwara

Fujiwara might as well run away with the Rookie of the Year award at this point

HM: Shun Skywalker, SB KENTo, & KAI vs Jason Lee, Big Boss Shimizu, & Ben-K
The saga of Shun and Jason Lee continues

MOTYC: K-ness & Susumu Yokosuka vs Dragon Kid & Kzy
What a send-off. Stay for the retirement ceremony right after.

I'm raising the Diamante/Fujiwara match to MOTYC because I'm so impressed at the last couple months of output from Fujiwara. Kid feels like a prodigy at this point.

I'll nth the other two and say that I've watched a lot of wrestling these past two weeks and I think K-ness' retirement is my favorite match I've seen in that time period.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
25th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 14
D'courage (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) & Susumu Yokosuka vs Z-Brats (Diamante, KAI & SB KENTo)

HM
25th April
Dragongate Gate of Passion Night 14
HIGH-END (Ben-K, Kagetora & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO & Shun Skywalker)

2nd

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

You've Nthed a blank MOTYC without mentioning what match it is for!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC
a very good NJPW main event style match

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Ryukyu Dragon Pro Sour-yu Titles
Natural Vibes (Kzy & U-T) vs HIGH-END (Dragon Kid & YAMATO)

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Brave Gate Title
Dragon Dia vs SB KENTo

MOTYC
5th May
Dragongate Dead Or Alive
Open The Dream Gate Title
KAI vs Susumu Yokosuka

2nd these.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
11th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 1
King of Gate Round 1
Eita vs Shun Skywalker

HM
11th May
Don Fujii, Dragon Dia, Genki Horiguchi & Susumu Mochizuki vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee, Kzy & U-T)

MOTYC
11th May
King of Gate Round 1
YAMATO vs Yuki Yoshioka

Real good opening night, need to go back and catch the opener later though

YAMATO/Yoshioka was superb wrestling.

2nd these and also will throw in an HM for

May 11th
King of Gate Round 1
Madoka Kikuta vs. SB KENTo

if only for Kikuta's amazing lariat.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
15th May
Dragongate King of Gate Night 3
King of Gate 1st Round
Ishin Iihashi vs Takuma Fujiwara

2022's rookie of the Year continues to impress

HM
15th May
HIGH-END (Dragon Kid & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (Jason Lee & Kzy)

HM
15th May
King of Gate 1st Round
Dragon Dia vs HYO

Yeah, that rookie match whipped, and Ishin looked real good on his own as well.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM
May 20th
Dragongate King of Gate Night 4
King of Gate 1st Round
Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk

If this had been in Korakuen with a full camera set-up I think I would have gone full MOTYC. My boy Hulk's still loving got it when his body doesn't betray him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate King of Gate Night 5, 5/22
MOTYC: Kota Minoura vs. Kzy

One of the best matches of last year, still good, even when ran back at House Show Effort.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate King of Gate Round 2, 5/28

MOTYC: Keisuke Okuda vs. Kaito Ishida

Kick Boys be kicking. Great match that played off their previous Brave Gate matches and had a fresh finish I haven't seen from them before. Good stuff.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate, King of Gate Night 11 at Osaka Edion Arena, 5/29

MOTYC: King of Gate Quarterfinals - Kzy vs. Shun Skywalker
MOTYC: King of Gate Quarterfinals - Diamante vs. Yuki Yoshioka
HM: King of Gate Quarterfinals - Shuji Kondo vs. Kaito Ishida

Good night of wrestling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
2nd June
Dragongate King of Gate Night 12
King of Gate Semi-Final
Shun Skywalker vs Yuki Yoshioka

HM
2nd June
HIGH-END (Ben-K, Dragon Kid & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T)

MOTYC
2nd June
King of Gate Final
Kota Minoura vs Yuki Yoshioka

2nd these. That Finals match was ace as hell, one of my favorite matches of the year so far.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
3rd June
Dragongate Toryumon Reunion Volume 2
Aagan Iisou ("brother" YASSHI, Shogo 'Jet' Takagi, Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi) vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryoto Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)

Oh, no big deal, just Dragongate debuting another insanely good rookie. And this one is the first ever Dragongate roster member son to bat!

2nd this. Proud Papa Mocchy was an insanely fun dynamic for the match.

From the same show I nominate

HM: Ryo Saito & Kanjyuro Matsuyama vs Konomama Ichikawa & Shachihoko Machine

Excellent comedy match, aided by Ultimo coming out in the previous match and telling the crowd "yeah whatever you guys can cheer lol I don't care" (after the match corporate came out and told the crowd no you actually can't cheer please don't get us banned from Korakuen).

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Haven't watched yet, but this statement

forkboy84 posted:

returning at the Daly's Plaza of Japan, Korakuen Hall & challenging for the title he'd held twice before.

Is hilariously designed to make a certain type of wrestling nerd very mad lol.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lash Legend having a Kurt Angle-esque rookie year of awfulness.

HM:
Dragongate, Hopeful Gate @ Kyoto KBS Hall, July 17th
D'courage (Yuki Yoshioka & Dragon Dia) vs Gold Class (Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi) vs Z-Brats (KAI & SB KENTo)

Fun three way tag previewing the Kobe Sambo Hall main event this weekend.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ROH Death Before Dishonor

HM: Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal
MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia
MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. Rush
MOTYC: FTR vs. The Briscoes

Very good show.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BTF posted:

MOTYC
30th July
Dragongate Kobe World 2022 ~ Ultimo Dragon 35th Anniversary
Open the Twin Gate
Kung Fu Masters (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee) vs Z-Brats (HYO & Shun Skywalker)

Everyone knew that this was going to be the match of the Kobe World weekend, but nobody knew how great it would be. Well, it's my personal DG MOTY and pretty drat high up the list in general. This has everything you could ask from a DG style match: fast, fluid and the most heart crunching near-falls in the business. Recommended viewing for everyone and anyone.

Just realized that you accidentally typed HYO instead of Diamanté for Z-Brats.

Hellyeah. No offense to FTR, but I think this is the best tag match I've seen this year. Some of the poo poo Jacky was pulling out was absolutely ludicrous.

From the same show:

HM: Open the Brave Gate - HYO vs. Dragon Dia
HM: Dragon Kid & Masato Tanaka vs. YAMATO & BxB Hulk

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 31, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

July 31st
Dragongate Kobe World 2022 Night 2

HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - SB KENTo vs. HYO

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Mochizuki Jr., & Susumu Mochizuki) vs. High-End (YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Ben-K) vs. Natural Vibes (Kzy, Big Boss Shimizu, & Strong Machine J)

The type of fun nonsense that has been sorely missing from the triangle gate scene since Perros won them.

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Yuki Yoshioka vs. Kota Minoura

This match was amazing, somehow topped the Twin Gate from the previous night. My current match of the year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Those first two points rule though?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragongate's Dangerous Gate 2022, at Ota Ward Gymnasium, September 19th

This was a fantastic show, probably Dragongate's best show of the year. Flew by and every match was at the very least fun.

HM: No DQ Unit War - Natrual Vibes (Kzy, Big Boss Shimizu, Strong Machine J, and U-T) vs. Z-Brats (KAI, BxB Hulk, H.Y.O. and Diamante)
HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Mochizuki Jr., and Susumu Mochizuki) vs. Don Fujii, Ishin Iihashi and Ishinriki
MOTYC: Gold Class (Ben-K, Kota Minoura, and Naruki Doi) vs HIGH-END (Dragon Kid, Kagetora, and YAMATO)
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Kung Fu Masters (Jason Lee and Jacky "Funky" Kamei) vs. D'Courage (Dragon Dia and Madoka Kikuta)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Yuki Yoshioka vs. Eita

Motivated Eita is one of the best wrestlers in the world and the Dream Gate match was one of the most superbly laid out and paced matches I've seen all year. A wrestling masterclass IMO.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 20, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Danielson vs. Moxley

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Being connected at the neck is just viscerally more intense and intimate, lending itself to blood feuds way more than a regular strap match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Taxman posted:

This might have been better on video (or maybe the stage seats were really just that bad), match was good with some absurd spots but had a lot of dead time. I'll give it an HM

From the same show:
MOTYC: Yamato v Johnathan Gresham

Really good show!

2nd. A+ technical match. Always love when YAMATO gets a chance to grapplefuck with someone who will hold up their end of the match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate Gate of Destiny 2022, Nov. 6th

Really enjoyed this show.

HM: Eita vs Takuma Fujiwara
HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - HYO vs. Dragon Kid
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - D'Courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta) vs. Natural Vibe (Big Boss Shimizu & Strong Machine J)
MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki, & Mochizuki Jr.) vs. Z-Brats (KAI, Shun Skywalker, & Masked Z)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Yuki Yoshioka vs. YAMATO

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

flatluigi posted:

motyc: bryan danielson vs sammy guevara, nov 9 dynamite

what a loving banger

enitrely for the wacky backflipping ddt Sammy hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 4 December 6th
MOTYC
Yuki Yoshioka (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki - Open the Dream Gate
- Mocchy is still an absolute monster 28 years into his career, Yoshioka really impressed me too

Hell yeah, 3rd this.