Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm amazed that my eyes have been closed most of my life. Now I understand the truth. A sandwich is nothing more than a meaty salad with an edible, if wierd shaped, bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A sloppy joe is, essentially, a chili served in a closed bread bowl

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

A sloppy joe is, essentially, a chili served in a closed bread bowl

An actual bread bowl is more closed than a hamburger bun

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

An actual bread bowl is more closed than a hamburger bun

Take this back.
You take this back right now or I'm calling the mods
This is nonsensical and rude

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i prefer tidy joes as i am a bit of a neat freak!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i prefer tidy joes as i am a bit of a neat freak!

You sound like you need to be stuffed into a locker!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Do they still make the MANWICH canned sloppy Joe sauce? I feel like I haven’t seen it in ages.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Kewpie Mayo

Aioli

Vinaigrette and a bit of salt and pepper

And all manwich is: A big pile of ketchup, brown sugar, bit of mustard, and some worcestershire sauce

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

I'm wondering now actually. What would I eat in a salad that I wouldn't in a sandwich? The only thing that actually comes to mind is croutons which is just bread so doesn't really count. This is tough

Croutons are good in a chicken ceasar wrap which is a sandwich

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
TIP: Make lots of tiny sandwiches and put them in a salad.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Walrus posted:

Sounds like a one way ticket to a bleeding roof of the mouth. Croutons are to be approached with caution, not hidden all whichaways inside a lavosh, pita, or wrap.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

Sounds like a one way ticket to a bleeding roof of the mouth. Croutons are to be approached with caution, not hidden all whichaways inside a lavosh, pita, or wrap.

that's why you need to slightly crumble them if they are too big. it's kind of essential to a really good horrible-for-you chick ceas with lots of parm and bacon etc if you're not using breaded chicken. if you have breaded chicken then yeah skip the crouts.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

take a sandwich any sandwich and ram it forcefully up your dry rear end in a top hat and then scrape it out just as quickly. consume the poo poo sandwich and as you do so consider how this is a metaphor for all existence gently caress you.

just kidding kiss kiss.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Sauerkraut, caviar and surströmming yummy yum

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’ll see your artichoke hearts and up you with pickled beets. Making a bacon, Duke’s mayo, and tomato sandwich with artichoke hearts and pickled beets. On sourdough toast with lots of black pepper.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Remulak posted:

I’ll see your artichoke hearts and up you with pickled beets. Making a bacon, Duke’s mayo, and tomato sandwich with artichoke hearts and pickled beets. On sourdough toast with lots of black pepper.

that sounds weird as hell but i'm intrigued

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Thinly sliced meat and cheese is my favorite salad.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BluesShaman posted:

Thinly sliced meat and cheese is my favorite salad.

No ranch dressing?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Walrus posted:

I love these but it's a weird one in that I would put fried tortilla strips in a normal bread-style sandwich, and I would put croutons in a tortilla wrap, I would not put croutons in any sandwich consisting of 2 slices of bread, under any circumstances. I'm not normally a sandwich purist but I think in this case it's necessary to understand the salad sandwich phenomenon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
actually I guess stuffing is really just croutons when you get down to it, so it fits the same criteria as celery > chicken salad thanks to the delicious Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Aardvark! posted:

Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich.

What about Thanksgiving leftovers quesadilla?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BluesShaman posted:

What about Thanksgiving leftovers quesadilla?

you'd have to give some thought to what cheese(s) to use but I'm intrigued. I think the cranberry sauce and gravy would be dips to replace the usual salsa/guac/sour cream

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I'm gonna cook a turkey this week for the sole purpose of making Thanksgiving leftovers quesadillas.

Like sometimes I cook a ham just to make split-pea soup.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Aardvark! posted:

you'd have to give some thought to what cheese(s) to use but I'm intrigued. I think the cranberry sauce and gravy would be dips to replace the usual salsa/guac/sour cream

I didn't consider the dip angle. Will try and report back.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you might want to drip some gravy in to the mashed potato filling. i think you're going to have to try a lot of variations and just see what works, but i do think the idea of dipping a crispy delicious turkey/stuffing/potato/cheese filled quesadilla in to some cranberry sauce sounds insanely good

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
people,

there is a world wide pandemic of cardiac arrest /strokes in the artichoke community and there are not enough hearts around for organ transplant .

you all are absolute fuckers!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Aardvark! posted:

actually I guess stuffing is really just croutons when you get down to it, so it fits the same criteria as celery > chicken salad thanks to the delicious Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich.

Or, from a different perspective: croutons are just diced spiced toast - and thus a sandwich with croutons is just a minor structural variation of a toast sandwich.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

It makes no sense until you do it and your mouth thanks you.

It seems so obvious once you've done it. I've never actually seen this addition before. I'm sure someone else must have figured it out somewhere. It's seriously great!

Hmmm now I'm thinking of how to make a salad into a sandwich. Probably have to start with some high-quality whole grain bread, toasted up crispy. Spread it with some homemade vinaigrette, then wilt some spinach and crisp up some bacon bits, layer that with like, pickled red onion maybe? Possibly sun dried tomatoes? Then your heartichokes, I'm not sure what kind of cheese if any you'd want on it.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

dr.acula posted:

Sauerkraut, caviar and surströmming yummy yum

Tinned fish sandwiches make me feel jacked like Popeye after some Spinach

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

At my local publix, the northern end of the store has the bakery which sells the store brand and bakery fresh bread. The last aisle on the south end is where all of the other bread is sold. All other aisles of the store are horizontal strips between the two outer bread aisles.

I believe that entire publix is itself a sandwich.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my god.. the planet.. is a sandwich.. with ice bread

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
pubelicks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dill pickles and jalaps on all sandos

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
those in the know, eat sourdough

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The real secret to any sandwich is to server it with Au Jus. Hope that helps.

Peanut butter and jelly with Peanut Au Jus sauce? Yes please.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Chinatown posted:

those in the know, eat sourdough

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

I almost made the joke "I wouldn't use an entire bottle of ranch for one sandwich" but obviously you can definitely put ranch on a sandwich, and in some counties you are actually required to

this is true I had to drive through South Carolina once and stopped for dinner and I declined ranch on my BLT and they sent some guys to talk to me

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My preferred sandwich is marinated tofu, giardenera, mayo, and spinach on toasted bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Benagain posted:

My preferred sandwich is marinated tofu, giardenera, mayo, and spinach on toasted bread.

Omfg, do you use the giardenera juice for the marinade?