Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ful and you love them so much and while you are happy that you get to give them a great and happy life full of love, that one day they will die and both you and the remaining husband/wife will just be hollow shells?? to be cursed with knowledge of mortality really is horrible, sometime s I think the rabbits are lucky even though they will live a relatively short life

it's an overwhelming feeling. just feeling so much love and the fragility of life all at once, these are hard thoughts to really come to terms with as a human.

anyways

POST PET PICS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Mr. Winterman, aka FloofyBoy.

This is how he tells you he wants to nap in your lap.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
he looks like Bruno, a dog my gf looks after sometimes. Bruno was a mexican street pooch before he was rescued so he is EXTREMELY cool but don't bother him when he's eating or he might give you a lil growl

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think that's why people generally have kids, where ideally you will never have to reckon with the tragedy you gave form to

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

STABASS posted:

I think that's why people generally have kids, where ideally you will never have to reckon with the tragedy you gave form to

yet another mark in the 'having kids is purely a selfish act' column.

do you know how many rabbits you could rescue with one college fund? a lot.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Every

Single

Day

EDIT

This is Flash. Right now, IRL, just a few feet away from me. I am too #blessed

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 4, 2022

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Yes!
This is my mom's little dorkus and drat if she ain't cute. The tape was to help her ears stay up; it worked after a few days- they were not cropped!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I get sad because my cat is elderly, overweight, is slowing down noticeably, and I know I can't keep him around for all that much longer in the grand scheme of things.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I look at my pets then get hungry OP. Luckily for them, I keep my fridge stocked with the meat from animals that are not my pets.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I look at my pets then get hungry OP. Luckily for them, I keep my fridge stocked with the meat from animals that are not my pets.

I thought I was the only one!

Puppy chops!

PLZ don't eat me!:

Who would eat an old babushka?!:

So I'm off the menu, right?

I'm gonna keep an eye on you, human...

...just gotta stay awaaake.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I meant to post this in this thread. we don't own pets but the bay has these swans that come up and chill on the sand and to bury eggs. i gave them a cracker but a seagull ganked it :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
my gf does this, it is extremely sweet

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

kntfkr posted:

I meant to post this in this thread. we don't own pets but the bay has these swans that come up and chill on the sand and to bury eggs. i gave them a cracker but a seagull ganked it :(

What a majestically goofy animal!

Made friends one day with... don't know what it is. Egret, something? Whatever. I deliver bread, which piqued it's interest. The thing followed me around for a while so I went back to the trailer and fed it stale.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

madeintaipei posted:

What a majestically goofy animal!

Made friends one day with... don't know what it is. Egret, something? Whatever. I deliver bread, which piqued it's interest. The thing followed me around for a while so I went back to the trailer and fed it stale.

are those barnacles on its neck?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

All the time.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

kntfkr posted:

are those barnacles on its neck?

Dead skin as armor. The older they get, the more of that they have. About the time they get smart, they stop startling. Tough old bird, and curious. It ate from my hand.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Every time my dog comes into the periphery of my vision, OP

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I love pet threads, :dance:

Biscuit:
Best cat whiskers ever.

Lily:
"Hello, yes, I would like some treats please."

Elmore:
Everybody needs a pocket lizard.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hi elmore

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

she’s ok but she’s kind of weird

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The Walrus posted:

ful and you love them so much and while you are happy that you get to give them a great and happy life full of love, that one day they will die and both you and the remaining husband/wife will just be hollow shells?? to be cursed with knowledge of mortality really is horrible, sometime s I think the rabbits are lucky even though they will live a relatively short life

it's an overwhelming feeling. just feeling so much love and the fragility of life all at once, these are hard thoughts to really come to terms with as a human.

I've developed not only an acceptance of but an appreciation for mortality having lived in a society that is obsessed with artificially extending the natural lifespan of everything

Death is bad but the alternative is much worse

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

Yes!
This is my mom's little dorkus and drat if she ain't cute. The tape was to help her ears stay up; it worked after a few days- they were not cropped!

Spinz btw my gf loved her earings she got for xmas. She didn't like the bobbys as much but that's my fault 'cause I thought she wore bobbies and she does not. Whoops! Very nice work everyone buy Spinz' jewelery

kalel posted:

Death is bad but the alternative is much worse

My biggest most absolute fear, the one that keeps me awake, is the idea of eternal conscious nothingness. so long as death isn't like that I think it'll be ok.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sounds kinda heartless the way I phrased it but I was thinking more along the lines of art and media. the endless deluge of reboots and sequels and adaptations and nostalgia fills me with bile. it would be cool if cute lil puppies could live forever I guess, idk

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

kalel posted:

sounds kinda heartless the way I phrased it but I was thinking more along the lines of art and media. the endless deluge of reboots and sequels and adaptations and nostalgia fills me with bile. it would be cool if cute lil puppies could live forever I guess, idk

ya I was a bit confused since currently most ppl seem real gung ho about catching a disease that could kill them and their family

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

everyone I know whos getting the new one just had a little cough for 5 days so I just can’t get scared enough to give myself a mental illness over it. Sorry

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have some pets

here's one of them her name is Fio. yes I named her after the character from Metal Slug

Fio was a stray that showed up in the parking lot of a warehouse that an org my wife and I work with uses. Fio had a super broken leg, and was very sad about it

but she got surgery and became happy, and kept the leg even though the surgeon guy said he was pretty sure it was gonna be lost, and said there would be a discount on the amputation

now Fio is strong

Fio goes to the vet a lot, and has a favorite vet tech. the vet likes to give dogs little bandanas when they visit

you can't afford this

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
my gf has a dog named Nim. She is a very good but kinda naughty girl. she turns a year on the 12th.

here is first day

Halloween
[img]https://i.imgur.com/X9BN6Ip.jpg[/url][/img]

recent.

i have a bunch of reptiles and some frogs.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

:3: Black kitties are the best kitties.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Golly some A++++++++++ pets ITT

Here are mine

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Lot of dog people here. Good sign for an Internet forum. You don’t want too many cat people

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Lot of dog people here. Good sign for an Internet forum. You don’t want too many cat people

id love to get a cat at some point.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

he says gently caress you

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Midas status: still the best

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Also yes OP I do

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

I'm a dog person but I'm also a cat person

They wanna steal my food, fio still steals more food than either of em tho

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I had cats as a kid and would love to have one now but I've grown pretty severely allergic to them.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm allergic and have said I'd be ok with a hairless cat. my gf really wants a cat but doesn't want a hairless b/c she thinks they look weird and creepy. But i tell her, all cats look like that.. they just have fur... figure your poo poo out lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Yes, all the time, oo