Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve still got very little sense of the current console room. It’s some Himalayan salt lamps next to a typewriter, all suspended in a void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It sure is nice and easy getting your story made when you already work for BF. :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From Moschino’s 2022 collection:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The only good Dalek is a dead Dalek.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Handles is the best companion.

:hmmyes:

Kayvan Novak does it again!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That was Kayvan Novak!?! :aaa:

God, is there anything he CAN'T do!?! ....well, apart from make Guillermo a vampire I guess.....

I’m beginning to see why my boyfriend wants him to voice the Guide in any new Hitchhikers thing!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Unfortunately this was never real. It was created for Real Time, an animated/audio webcast serial from the early 2000s. While it’s a popular look (there’s a couple of action figures in it), Baker never wore it in the show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Addendum: fans have colourised footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chh5Rvszzws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKTV3FE6UFc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The fanart of Dan/Karvanista that did the rounds on Twitter is canon, apparently.

https://twitter.com/robritchie409/status/1479939343024336898

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexm247/status/1478546314803781634

That’s hilarious

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Don't sleep on Azal in the background

I can’t, he’s very spiky.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'd genuinely love to see a version of the Doctor hunting monsters across time. Just toss some wheels on the Tardis and give him a sonic shotgun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christ, I couldn’t tell who anyone was supposed to be in that (Troughton not withstanding because of ‘oh my giddy aunt’).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To get to this content you just have to do these 47 tasks…zzzzzz

Way to make your game look incredibly dull and long-winded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhb0_U6voZc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The Lego Dimensions DW level is incredible.

:hmmyes:

There’s so much love and attention put into it, it’s the best by a long way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's actually terrible because it's like a tease of how amazing a full Lego DW game could have been.

But no, it's the main reason I kept the Dimensions stuff, I like to run around that level just for the serotonin it gives me.

I got such a happy high running around with Eight, K-9, and Venkman. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jodie’s doing her first con next month! :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/showmasters/status/1482064981973782530?s=21

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

I keep reading the thread title as "Gay Year Specials"

Oh thank god it’s not just me :sweatdrop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspgDvP7pA8

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interestingly ‘A Fix with the Sontarans’ is listed in the extras, and I thought that would never see the light of day again because of Saville.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Jamie, Leela and Ace being sent on missions by a constantly exasperated Romana.

God, yes please.

I could go for a TV Gallifrey style series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Maybe not Yates.

Good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, the Smith era seemed huuuuge. Day of the Doctor had same day cinema screenings all over the US and they were packed out. I remember seeing a reaction video for “You know I really think you might.” and it was like the portals in Avengers: Endgame. :dance:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Very much true to all his episodes under other showrunners. Not terrible, but not exactly good either. Serviceable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Updog Scully posted:

Also, has anyone read any of the Black Archive books? They are properly daunting, I'd love to dig into one but there's so many and they are so long. I can't imagine another TV show getting a thesis on each episode.

Also, those covers are so sexy. Who is the graphic designer?

I’ve got friends who have written some, but I’ve yet to actually read any. :sweatdrop:

The covers are the iconography of Blair Bidmead, all chopped and changed around.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Doctor Whordle!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like Murray Gold probably won’t come back, but this feels so much like 2005 again (even Phil Collinson is coming back as exec producer).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I like the current composer. He manages to sneak a little of the Murray Gold bombast in without overwhelming things. I liked Murray too, but the change was fun.

I miss Gold’s leitmotifs though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

BF has cast Stephen Noonan as the First Doctor in their range of First Doctor Adventures

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1492151445004505092?s=20&t=plxONX3FNB6dlfgqTpip7Q

Voice is way too high, I think.

Yeah, it’s close, but very high.

I guess David Bradley doesn’t want to do it any more?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Was there news that Murray Gold was coming back that I missed?

Because I would be over the moon.

I just want 13's theme to play when she does something clever, you big jerks. :mad:

No, not yet, I think people are just assuming it’s a bit of a given.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I keep getting stories in my news feeds that we might actually be getting a full Lego Doctor Who game. That's everything I want in the world.

It was a local uk newspaper that put out the story saying it was potentially coming, and then followed it up next day with ‘no that’s complete rubbish’ like it wasn’t them who did the initial story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The sheer joy of running around with the Doctor and Venkman was something I one day hope to recapture .

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A bunch of Doctor Who-adjacent comics have gone up on Kickstarter. So if you want more adventures of Omega, Sutekh, and the lion people from Warrior’s Gate, you’re covered!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bit windy today in the UK.

https://twitter.com/jakethepayne/status/1494412865037553673

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Updog Scully posted:

I would love if the Doctor fixed his chameleon circuit but he didn't know how to operate it, so it transformed into vaguely tardis-shaped objects. A wheelie bin, a fridge, etc. Could be fun.

The TARDIS is in both of these pictures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh that's easily explained since she fits in somewhere between Troughton and Pertwee :hai:

:hmmyes: It’s the only logical place for her to fit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Do we get to see the doctor enter and exit the Organ TARDIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgLFdRXRa0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My favourite is definitely the TV Movie console room, it took the concept of ‘bigger on the inside’ and went wild with it. It definitely informed the new series console rooms, with the Whittaker one feeling ‘the smallest’ despite being unknowingly big (literally! It’s so dark I have no idea how it all fits together!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Whittaker console room has the same issues as the original Eccleston/Tennant console room. It’s a room with no visible exits other than the front door, one seating area (some vague ‘stairs’ in the case of the most recent iteration), and the console surrounded by pillars. Neither of them are comfortable spaces.