Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

The fact that RTD would later write a story where Donna basically gets the brainpower of a Time Lord in a human body and is informed that it is too much for a human body to take and she'll burn out if her mind isn't severely locked down suggests a rather horrifying ultimate end result for Doctor Twho over in the Cybus Universe, which I don't think RTD even remotely intended or ever considered.

I can't wait to see whatever future RTD decided human Ten and Rose went on to have, as long as it's not this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Class3KillStorm posted:

I am kinda confused about this element from the cast announcement page (spoiled in case anyone wants to avoid discussion): "Yasmin Finney has joined the cast of Doctor Who playing the character of Rose and is filming scenes that are due to air in 2023 to coincide with the show’s 60th anniversary... Speaking of joining Doctor Who Yasmin says: "...I cannot wait to begin this journey and for you all to see how Rose blossoms. Get Ready.” Russell T Davies, Showrunner adds: “Life on Doctor Who gets brighter and wilder, how can there be another Rose? You’ll find out in 2023..."

Is this just RTD not knowing any other character names to apply to companion characters? Or are they going out of their way to admit that they want to replicate the 10/Rose dynamic in RTD Vol. 2? Because if there's one element from that era that I don't want them to revisit, it's that, and if this is their plan right out the gate then I'm suddenly leery of the show's future again.

Well to be fair RTD does not know any other character names; as an example, Rose Tyler is just Rose Cooper (Bob & Rose) or Rosie Lyons (Years & Years) plus Johnny Tyler (The Second Coming) or Vince Tyler (Queer as Folk)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't normally say this about bad drivers but holy hell Baker owns

quote:

The father-of-five told the court he was “The Lord High President of Gallifrey” and that they could not put him on trial.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Its really too late to delay 14's start by a year so Whittaker can have some actual stories under her belt, eh

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hell ya

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/ProfDaveAndress/status/1577653226425516033

Meanwhile, RTD joins Armando Iannucci and Margaret Atwood in their weekly drink-themselves-to-death sessions over people taking their fictional stories as advice.

To Russell's credit, Emma Thompson's character didn't wear the collar to indicate she spends all her private time doing Erotic BDSM Chores

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Creature posted:

Is it just me or is there much less hype around the new episode than for the previous specials? I had to double check tv listings yesterday to make sure it’s this weekend, because I’ve barely seen anything about it.

Chibnall really loving sucked and I'd rather think about his era in the past tense and fantasize about Whittaker doing a multi-Doctor story with Davies, his eventual successor, or a guest writer than bask in the reality that there's more j/o poo poo to come

The daleks, master, time lords, and cybermen?? We used to have a phrase for this sort of mindset. It was "take a chill pill"!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Narsham posted:

If you want to recast Three, Sean Pertwee is right there.

Two is probably a forlorn hope, though. Not that it wouldn’t be in character for Two to stay in the background.

I bet Mark Gatiss sends an email to Chibnall/RTD once a month along the lines of "Wow, David Bradley sure worked out great! Remember how I dressed as Three for An Adventure In Space And Time?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The idea of an incarnation of the Doctor whose connection to the normal regeneration sequence was severed somehow is cool so the Fugitive Doctor can stay