Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Yeah, if they really want Tennant back to pull in viewers, the best way to get away with it would be to pull a reverse Maxil and have Tennant not as the Doctor.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Doctor's had flirtations with non-Gallifreyan women as far back as when the First Doctor accidentally got engaged in The Aztecs, and there was a slightly flirtatious nature to the Fifth Doctor's interactions with Doctor Todd in Kinda. And I'm pretty sure there was more than a hint of romantic interest between Five and Nyssa as well, given that (IIRC) she was the first companion to kiss him, during her final story (even if it was a rather chaste peck on the cheek).

Nyssa would probably count as one of the "more cosmic" companions Khanstant was talking about anyway, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

As well as The Haunting of Villa Diodati, Demons of the Punjab, and all three of the New Years' specials. Probably some others that are escaping me right now.

With the exception of the Timeless Child, I wouldn't call Chibnall's run outright bad, just mediocre.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

There's certainly other renegade Time Lords we know about, like the Meddling Monk and the Rani, who could easily return. Either of them could be interesting as less directly antagonistic foils to the Doctor. I suppose 'The Doctor's Wife' gives a handwave explanation for what might have happened to any given Time Lord, though.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Senor Tron posted:

Assuming nothing changes in the Easter special, who has the last Doctor to have a companion stay through their whole run?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Eccleston.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

SiKboy posted:

No series of modern who doesnt have at least a couple of bad episodes.

I don't think there are any bad episodes in season 4. (Unless you count Voyage of the Damned as part of that season).