Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
okay before you read the rest of this thread please take out 6 minutes of your day and listen to this sweet bangin' hit from probably the 60s I think.
Especially pay attention to the sweet riffs at 2 mins and later at 3:46 mins in. The later is so sweet and great words fail me to properly describe it, like, the universe splits in half and bends to this riff type of poetry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690

you're back? Wasn't that the best ever? Beats Child in Time imho, even if that song also has a baller riff, and don't even get me started on Smoke on The Water. I mean, that song is iconic but otherwise than the riff going dun dun dun dun-dun dun dunn I don't feel the song has so much going for it.

the first time I heard this song, Highway Star, it was in Rock'n Roll Racing for the SNES and I always thought it was one of the best tracks for that game, maybe only eclipsed by Paranoid by Black Sabbath. man that was such a great game

Anyway thanks for listening and reading, i hope this has improved your day :)

e: again I forgot to set a proper thread tag, mods help me please :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

it's a good fuckin song op

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

teen witch
hosed up: hush and space truckin own hard

e: cmon

cmon

cmon

let’s go space truckin

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 6, 2022

biosterous

years back i went to a G3 concert, the lineup was Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, and Phil Collen, and one of the songs they jammed to was Highway Star and it was great

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

only now got a chance to listen and yeah it's super sweet, thanks for posting it! a lot of rock solos feel a bit perfunctory, I guess partly because they want to keep the track length to radio-friendly units, but these absolutely took the time to let the solo fully develop and it's v satisfying

ty nesamdoom!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

its a classic.

probably tied as my favorite deep purple song with "lazy"

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Armitage

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
hell yeah, gonna pop it in my tape deck in my car and cruise down desolate back roads

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I very much enjoy the bass solo from Black Knight, but for start to finish bangers, it’s Burn and Fireball

Manifisto

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

e: again I forgot to set a proper thread tag, mods help me please :doh:

I gotchu fam

ty nesamdoom!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
more like DERP BURBLE

track fuckin owns

absolutely classic metal in every way imho. i used to listen to this all the time when i was growing up, way back in the age of dinosaurs

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I bought the Machine Head album when it first came out, and I still have it somewhere in my collection of vinyl. Highway Star, Space Trucking, Smoke on the Water - lots of great tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

my dad has this