Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
The Something Awful Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjMv9nxxWk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Not in it, but still voted 4

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spinz posted:

Which posters are in it???

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Spinz posted:

you're in the bloopers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

you're in the bloopers

is that what that was

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Spinz posted:

yup. unfortunately have to vote even lower, but op undertsands why. not in it, hands are tied

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So it's just the Lowtax was a Bad, Sad Man show more than an SA docu

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What, you don't trust bernie of Bernievidz

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Holy poo poo it really IS a 42 minute documentary about a dead gay comedy forum.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

is that what that was

lol, nice.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
still weird to look back on those early days. I was so young.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

kntfkr posted:

you're in the bloopers

Link

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Meme Poker Party posted:

Which posters are in it???

There's a post by oxballs on the screen at one point and dad gay so what

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what it was that made Lowtax stop caring. That university speech really came from a meaningful place in his heart. I dunno if the doc covers this I'm probably not gonna watch the whole thing and the nostalgia part is almost over

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The Walrus posted:

I wonder what it was that made Lowtax stop caring. That university speech really came from a meaningful place in his heart. I dunno if the doc covers this I'm probably not gonna watch the whole thing and the nostalgia part is almost over

LF probably

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

It did. Also, I didn't realize Mega64 had a big start here. I knew most of the other things.. Overall I thought it was well made and worth posting. Could have had more but it was more details than I expected for a youtube doc.

A For Effort fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 8, 2022

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

am i in it i am never going to watch itn

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

sure okay posted:

LF probably

Haven't watched the doc yet, but IMO you're right. Lowtax was vocally annoyed that the forums were the successful part of SA, even after he'd stepped away from the day to day stuff.

Then he had to talk to the loving Secret Service because some proto-channers (wait, when did LF get shut down?) IIRC were trying to crowdsource assassinating a president.

As an insane-long-time-lurker, IMO if there were truly an BC/AD moment with SA, especially w/r/t the forums, it was when LF was shut down.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I produced and starred in this non stop joy ride of a motion picture re:my posts and how they killed lowtax.

Thank you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scam Likely posted:

Holy poo poo it really IS a 42 minute documentary about a dead gay comedy forum.

if they actually did their research it would have been longer

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Am I in it?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Am I in it?

No I wanted to keep the focus on the positives of this site in as much that would be my posts and not yours

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Am I in it?

no, applewhite they didn't do very much research

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

No I wanted to keep the focus on the positives of this site in as much that would be my posts and not yours

Well then I'll pass (gas because all my posts are made by farting into the computer mic with speech to text enabled).

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Applewhite posted:

Am I in it?

Are you the famous pervert it references without naming several times?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Funky See Funky Do posted:

no thatll be shmorky

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'm hardly famous.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No they name Schmorky and they do it with this dramatic pause as though it's a shocking reveal. Like anyone outside this community or the diaper furry fetish community would have any clue who that is. It's not a good documentary and some of the things the narrator says are just weird.

Like when discussing Richard's first marriage he describes this perfectly average relationship timing as "progressing at an alarming rate".

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

What horrible thing did Lowtax do to his dogs?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like when discussing Richard's first marriage he describes this perfectly average relationship timing as "progressing at an alarming rate".

oh wow. wow thats deeply alarming and bad

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Blooster posted:

I think he's talking about that time lowtax had a looping gif on gaming garbage of dogs boning with the dog on top barfing.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Confused by the eulogy bit at 40:46

"He tirelessly worked to support a community he truly cared for."

Does this include the previous 40 minutes of the documentary explaining how he intentionally neglected and mismanaged the forums?

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Haven't watched the doc yet, but IMO you're right. Lowtax was vocally annoyed that the forums were the successful part of SA, even after he'd stepped away from the day to day stuff.

Then he had to talk to the loving Secret Service because some proto-channers (wait, when did LF get shut down?) IIRC were trying to crowdsource assassinating a president.

As an insane-long-time-lurker, IMO if there were truly an BC/AD moment with SA, especially w/r/t the forums, it was when LF was shut down.

I think it was the forums outgrowing him and his sense of humor. Lowtax was always epic monkeycheese style humor and I think he never got over the fact that people stopped finding him funny. He never posted much and I got the sense he didn't read or lurk either. It was just something he kept going for money

granted I've only lurked since 2005 or so, maybe it was different earlier

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Blooster posted:

lol he just livestreamed a loop of dogs humping and throwing up we dont need to reach for animal abuse too

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm honestly surprised this wasn't a Justin Whang video but then again the saga of Lowtax is probably a bit too depressing for his style of videos.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Blooster posted:

They bought a bunch of SA merch and it never showed up and when they emailed him to complain he sent back pictures of himself eating premium sausages

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

lil poopendorfer posted:

I think it was the forums outgrowing him and his sense of humor. Lowtax was always epic monkeycheese style humor and I think he never got over the fact that people stopped finding him funny. He never posted much and I got the sense he didn't read or lurk either. It was just something he kept going for money

granted I've only lurked since 2005 or so, maybe it was different earlier

99 through 01 Lowtax was heavily, heavily engaged with the forums. I think he was the only mod, and he was also doing some of the back end server poo poo, or at least trying to. It felt like Lowtax was still involved in the day to day up to 03 maybe, but thats also when the forums got so loving big that it was almost impossible to read everything.

Also re: epic monkeycheese - yeah that was 100% his humor, and I think he was always upset when forum superstars did it better.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
Lol I still can't believe he blew his loving head off to get out of child support. Didn't even OD like a proper pillhead but made a big mess for someone else to clean up. What a fitting end, really

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
What the poo poo is Epic monkey cheese humor?

Also, am I in it? I'm forums famous for having 6969 posts and an average post count of 4.20 posts per day.

Truly I am a forums god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

What the poo poo is Epic monkey cheese humor?

Also, am I in it? I'm forums famous for having 6969 posts and an average post count of 4.20 posts per day.

Truly I am a forums god.

Okay so imagine how a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fanfic written by a huge Monty Python fan would read and you've basically got it.