Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

^^ JeffreyNFTs coming when???

cult_hero posted:

Honestly, if he had sold the site in its prime, it would have probably been for the best. Short of slenderman, this site hasn't really produced much of note except for drama in the last 12+ years and Lowtax didn't really have a strong engagement with the forums or his audience. (EPG's content was lightyears better than Lowtax's anyway) If sold, Somethingawful would have been rolled into any number of other sites and forgotten, then we would all end up on Reddit anyway and likely fewer people would have been hurt in the interim.

Eh, not necessarily true. I came back here after a long hiatus of lurking specifically because it wasn't Reddit or Twitter -- I'd be able to find quality discussion about relatively niche interests that wouldn't be flooded with crap and toxicity. It's a blessing that the remaining userbase has matured, even if Lowtax never did. And it's a good thing that crypto bros and MAGA freaks, to name two particular constituencies, get laughed out of here. I can log onto almost any other discussion website and get all of that poo poo I can handle, and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU