Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

a pitter patter
on my big ol' umbrella
the beat of my march

Dancing game? On point. Effective umbrella usage? Lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Living in a place where we get little rain, I'm really enjoying these pictures!

Twenty Four

:hfive:

Finger Prince posted:

We are due for something like 6cm of rain between Tuesday and Thursday, I will try and take a short, atmospheric video.

I just woke up and I first read this as "we are due for rain" as how people say when the area "we" live in is supposed to get rain. I went and checked the forecast and was like "hmm, nope, didn't think so." Then it dawned on me and I realized I really didn't get enough sleep and am not very awake, hah. The video would be cool though!

Twenty Four

I don't know how you make the rain look so good but I almost feel it's like magic tricks where you are better off not knowing if you want to keep the amazement alive.

Twenty Four

:hai:

Twenty Four

this is my favorite relaxation thread

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

Happy memories dredged up from the depths of rainy backwaters, here in the rain thread.

Sleet happens. Only the real wet kind though and it hates itself for its entire existence before returning to rain.

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

the rain continues unabated. sometimes it lessens to a gentle but steady drizzle, other times it ropes down in torrents that make you fear the window will shatter.

:nice:

Areola Grande posted:

oh yeah it's pluviophile :engleft:

neat!

google THIS posted:

I do have to say I loves me some absolutely torrential downpour with some distant thunder for seasoning

Yeah, and I also really enjoy an all-day light drizzle, which is pretty rare here.

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

its still rainin'

This looks like a cool metal album cover. Animated album covers or other similar things like book jackets would be cool, but other then digital it would currently be prohibitively expensive if we are talking hand held stuff like I was thinking. Anyhow, bring on the rain!

Twenty Four

Thanks again for the rain gifs, pretty soothing and I appreciate them! I predict I will make this same post again because I am feeling it!

Twenty Four

I'm stressed, but this thread is what I need, thanks!

Twenty Four

Twenty Four posted:

I'm stressed, but this thread is what I need, thanks!

Twenty Four

I like this one it's pretty but as a result of gif looping once I saw it, I couldn't stop staring at the lady cooking and thinking "what does she have stuck in her eye? Maybe some pepper or spices? Poor lady oh no!"

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

friends I have a special monday edition here for you

your own private, pocket rainworld. There's a chair in front of the fire just for you

kalel posted:

may the rain thread reign over byob for a thousand years hence

Unsinkabear posted:

I don't know where you folks find all these, but I appreciate each and every one :)

pnac attack posted:

ya i got nothin for it but big ups 2 the rain thread

:hmmyes:

Twenty Four

Areola Grande posted:

I require this thread. forever :hai:

Twenty Four

One of the great things about some of these is how the rain interacts with the environment, splashing on things, being behind things, outside a window, etc. I like the mini tutorial HP posted but the downside is it looks like the rain is just overlaid in front of the picture. Doesn't mean I don't like those too, they are good, and this is still one of my favorite calming threads!

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

yea this sounds wonderful, adding some extra Ls to my name rn and then heading over there, gonna find a rainy old castle to hunker down in and enjoy my new life as a miner/troubadour

:drat: :nice:

Twenty Four

This was me today! It actually rained here!

Twenty Four

Twenty Four

:3:

Twenty Four

Been out for a bit so I had some catching up to do. In addition, I haven't been feeling well (just medium sick) the past few days and this was the perfect thread to help me feel better, it always does :)

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

hope you feel better friend! your (and others') kind words are what keeps us updating the thread

I am! Until inevitably next week or whatever, lol. Some good rains going on there!

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

the atmosphere is coming through from the still image even. love me a good thunderstorm!

Here's a homegrown rain gif I took back in march, its too big to embed but I REFUSE to remove the sound.

https://imgur.com/YdaumD5

That's good!

Twenty Four

That's some high-quality H2O! (I'm really sorry that dumb movie was on TV after something else I actually was watching and it took me a few minutes to bother to turn it off because I was busy on the computer and that just popped into my head. Not sorry for the rain gifs though, they are wonderful!)

Twenty Four

:3:

Twenty Four

:five:

Twenty Four

calming :)

Twenty Four

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

its raining outside just a little thankfully. wish it were really dumpin tho

Apparently it barely sprinkled for like a minute or two here a couple days ago, I was told. I was asleep so I didn't even get to see or smell it, but, it was just enough to make my truck look like a dirty mess but not enough to do any good, so worst of both worlds. Not enough rain in the desert :( I guess there's a chance Sunday but we will see.

Twenty Four

Wonderful! I like going to sleep while it's raining or getting woken up by a huge downpour if it doesn't totally screw me up sleep wise.

That gif is a good one! :)

Twenty Four

sign me up

Twenty Four

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

do not fear i was sweating before the rain and i shall be sweating again soon, no doubt. the rain cools it down to all of 84F

That sounds nice in comparison but yeah, looks pretty!

Twenty Four

Twenty Four

Always love this thread :)

Twenty Four

Maybe I shouldn't be quoting posts of pictures that are just a few posts above mine and cluttering things up but I don't care because I love them and also everyone who posts them and everyone who enjoys them and this thread very much!

Twenty Four

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

(sound on for full effect!)

Just today I figured out to copy the link of the videos and open it in a new separate tab or window to get the "sound on" for these embedded videos you have posted. Otherwise I was like "there's no... sound button, I don't get it". Pretty neat stuff, I love it. I wonder whereabout this is, because it's some beautiful stuff, especially as where I live there isn't much lush green plant life that isn't artificial. Some nice-looking buildings too! (You may have said so before and I forgot, if so sorry, and if you don't want to mention it or be extremely vague, I totally get it.)

Also, that trench or runoff or whatever full of water being right on the side of that house made me nervous of the house or basement flooding. I hope it's fine, but here nothing is constructed to deal with that, and basements aren't really a thing typically.

Anyhow, I appreciate all of it, as always!

Twenty Four

free hubcaps posted:

aw, thanks friend! Im sorry it took so much effort to hear the sound- I'm not sure what browser you use but usually if you right click on the mp4 and click "show controls" it will pop up the volume controls at the bottom.

Nah, no effort at all and no need to be sorry, I'm just dumb and do things backwards. Thanks for the tip!

free hubcaps posted:

I live in a small town in central Connecticut, along the eponymous river. One thing I love about southern new england is how everything goes from (essentially) zero to 100 in terms of greenery in the span of a few months. And in another month or so, things will be looking very different again as the fall foliage hits peak. Fall is usually our rainy season so hopefully we'll get more soon!

here's another one from my walk- please note the small stone frog on the stone wall to the left of the brook :3:

Very pretty country! I wish there were seasons here other then "summer is most of the year and miserable" and "nothing looks different, it's just not as hot anymore for several months".

Also, frog spotted!

Twenty Four

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah, my apartment overlooks a park with a baseball field. It's a pretty nice view.

If there is any regular play there, even little league stuff, I would spend some time watching that from that view.

Enfys posted:

the best thread

Twenty Four

It rained here today, it was a rare thing. Unfortunately I was driving during it and did not get any good pictures, not like I am capable of taking them anyhow. Hoping for more good stuff! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I hope it rains again someday.