Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

slugma named bofa

e: on previous page:

Testekill posted:

A lot of encounters opening up so a lot of chances to name a mon.

New Cinnabar

Mantine
Tentacool
Corsola
Shuckle
Staryu
Krabby
Aerodactyl
Omanyte

Cinnabar

Magby
Slugma
Charmander
Growlithe
Vulpix
Koffing
Grimer
Cyndaquil
Shellder
Ditto

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
a Tentacool named ACOOLTENT, in honor of the dumbest name in Pokémon Stadium

vvv not mutually exclusive :v: vvv

Chloe Jessica fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 24, 2022

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

The ultimate power is clearly roses.

Chloe Jessica posted:

a Tentacool named ACOOLTENT, in honor of the best name in Pokémon Stadium

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, if we're doing fun Stadium names-

A Koffiing named FINGKOF

i never could not find this one funny

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I made an excellent/dumb decision with Goku's moveset. I personally thought it was fitting.

Odd Wilson posted:

Well, if we're doing fun Stadium names-

A Koffiing named FINGKOF

i never could not find this one funny

FINGKOF THE CHILDREN.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Testekill posted:

I made an excellent/dumb decision with Goku's moveset. I personally thought it was fitting.

:sickos:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
A Vulpix named Kojo, it was what I named mine when I was a kid :shobon:

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
a Charmander named Zuckerberg

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

6. What's the Matter Trainer?

Welcome to New Cinnabar Island, a completely original area to this game. It was a created by the lava from the volcanic explosion that destroyed the original island which is neat lore. I doubt that enough time would have passed for the lava to create a new island but if you're expecting realistic science from a Pokemon game then I don't know what the gently caress you were expecting.

Island, Blaine and his Pokemon used all of their fire power to carve out the inside of Cinnabar Tunnel. Since then, the general populace has been able to rebuild on the new island created by the molten lava. Soon enough everyone was calling it New Cinnabar Island

Blaine is no longer squatting in the Seafoam Islands, he has a proper gym now. This is big because not only does it make a new town where there wasn't one before but it also frees the Seafoam Islands to be the dungeon we all know and love

Then she's useless.

This is the New Pokemon Lab, you do Pokemon Lab stuff here.

We just finished setting up all of our new equipment. Feel free to look around!

What's you name? Clear? Well, Clear we had a system crash about twenty minutes ago and I'm still trying to find my files.

It's just like he's me.

Who wouldn't?

:sickos:

Island. I ride my Pokemon using surf, so I have to cross the water and pass through Cinnabar Tunnel every day.

My grandfather was a scientist at the old Cinnabar lab. He told me stories about the great Dr. Fuji and his many adventures on islands far away.

He sounds delightful.

Ever having worked here. We didn't lose our records when the island erupted. So either that guy is making stuff up or someone edited the lab records. I do know that a lot of old staff left around the same time.

Mr. Fuji being the founder of the Pokemon Lab is actually canon. Seems... weird that they would forget who founded the lab. Maybe that mass exodus has something to do with it.

that a lot of old important research journals were lost in Pokemon Mansion when the island erupted. It's just a rumour but I heard they were linked to an incredibly strong Pokemon.

drat, it's a shame that Pokemon Mansion burnt to the loving ground and no longer exists.

Part of the science team. Take a look at the computer screen. If you want, I've got an experiment you can help me with.

I don't actually know what the upgrade does. I can only assume that it's related to shiny hunting.

Scientist friends hire Ivan to work at Cinnabar lab to of making fossil researching. Ivan is from land far away. What is of name? Friend Clear! Please of letting Ivan know if you are of needing any help with fossils.

So... this is the fossil guy. The revival isn't basically instant like in the main games but it doesn't take very long.

That's everything to see without doing the gym. Instead we're going to surf a little to the south west.

SURFING PIKACHU SPRITE YEAH!

HP: 40 | ATK: 40 | DEF: 35 | SP.ATK: 50 | SP.DEF: 100 | SPD: 70 | TOTAL: 335

Hell yeah, Tentacool. Tentacruel is a defensive beast that can learn a lot of good moves, is very fast and the rest of its stats are pretty respectful. It's the Zubat of the ocean so that sucks but it also gets very good when it evolves.

Pokemon Stadium had very silly names and Chloe Jessica requested this one.

This woman is who you talk to if you start on Cinnabar Island if you want to surf to the mainland.

Another brand new area. It's almost a straight shot to Cinnabar island proper with very low level Pokemon.

What a weird place for a kimono girl.

This woman is trading her Lickitung for a Beedrill. It's a handy solution for the 1% encounter rate problem.

I'm sure that hallway doesn't lead anywhere interesting.

There is basically nothing on OG Cinnabar island.

There's a hidden rare candy right here.

With researchers and scientists from all over. Everything changed when the volcano erupted. What was left of the buildings were torn down, and a Pokemon Center was built. Rumor has it that a very power Pokemon was born here but I think all of the equipment and records were lost in the eruption. It's probably best that it stays that way.

50k. Clearly there's something special here in order to demand that much. But I can't afford it at the moment although I do have to train some dudes up for the gym and the best way of doing that is to do gym rematches.

HP: 95 | ATK: 85 | DEF: 85 | SP.ATK: 65 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 35 | TOTAL: 430

Hell yeah, Quagsire rules. His whole shtick is being dumb and being wet.

HP: 20 | ATK: 10 | DEF: 230 | SP.ATK: 10 | SP.DEF: 230 | SPD: 10 | TOTAL: 505

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6rqQMbVHSI&t=1s

You don't fuckle with Shuckle. It's a walking immobile wall with nigh inpenetrable defensive stats and with the offensive power of an actual wall. It's more of a gimmick Pokemon since it has such low HP that it's not a very good stall Pokemon. Sure you can use trick room or use power split/power trick in later games but why bother?

I remembered that BraveLittleToaster had requested we call a starter Shuckle Maple. It's not a starter but it's still good.

We ended up evolving Pikablu.

HP: 26 | ATK: 90 | DEF: 55 | SP.ATK: 90 | SP.DEF: 80 | SPD: 110 | TOTAL: 485

Raichu is alright, it kinda got boned by the fact that they refused to evolve Pikachu in the anime and thus it's just seen as the weird older brother of the beloved Pokemon. Fun note, Raichu can be taught psychic by the battle tutor since Aloan Raichu is part psychic type.

HP: 40 | ATK: 40 | DEF: 40 | SP.ATK: 70 | SP.DEF: 40 | SPD: 20 | TOTAL: 250

Slugma is sadly not a great line. Defensively very bulky and no slouch with special attacks it has three major drawbacks; it melts from water and ground attacks, it's a very slow slug/snail and a mediocre attack stat means that the best rock coverage it gets is ancient power.

INSERT BOFA JOKE HERE PLEASE BIOSTEROUS

You think Kenya won't fight a baby?

HP: 45 | ATK: 75 | DEF: 37 | SP.ATK: 70 | SP.DEF: 55 | SPD: 83 | TOTAL: 365

Magby is one of the the four acceptable babies. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Munchlax and the last one isn't even in gen 2. The Magby line is similar to a duck and is ugly as sin.

Name should be self explanatory.

HP: 38 | ATK: 41 | DEF: 40 | SP.ATK: 50 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 65 | TOTAL: 299

Vulpix is adorable as gently caress. Its line is based on the Kitsune and its very cute. I do feel like being a fire/ghost line would be more fitting than a straight up fire type but it's worth using.

As per Galick's request, her name is Kojo.

So Charmander is a very rare encounter from smashable rocks here. Most starters are 1-4% encounters where they're found so it can take a while to find them.

HP: 39 | ATK: 52 | DEF: 43 | SP.ATK: 60 | SP.DEF: 50 | SPD: 65 | TOTAL: 309

Charmander is a little fire lizard who will loving DIE IF HIS TAIL FLAME GOES OUT. The Charmander line was always the coolest of the gen 1 starters, hence it getting two mega evolutions and being the ace of the champion in SW/SH. I was always a Squirtle guy though.

I can only assume that Chloe Jessica is calling Zuckerberg a lizard man.

HP: 40 | ATK: 65 | DEF: 95 | SP.ATK: 60 | SP.DEF: 45 | SPD: 35 | TOTAL: 340

Koffing is.... fine. I don't really have any attachment to it outside of the anime although I did use a Galarian Weezing in my SW/SH run.

Another great Stadium name, this time from Odd Wilson.

HP: 80 | ATK: 80 | DEF: 50 | SP.ATK: 40 | SP.DEF: 50 | SPD: 25 | TOTAL: 325

Grimer is a nasty little dude. It's a physically strong Pokemon with high hp and special defense stats, its physical defense isn't great but it's got a fair bit of bulk. Bring it in to explode on something and it's great at taking down stubborn mons. It was better than the Koffing line until gen 3 where Koffing got levitate which got rid of a massive weakness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZVzl1xBF8

HP: 55 | ATK: 70 | DEF: 45 | SP.ATK: 70 | SP.DEF: 50 | SPD: 60 | TOTAL: 350

:3:

Growlithe is a good little doggo. The line is based on the Shisa, a guardian beast from Japanese mythology that was a mix between a lion and a dog.

I always call Growlithe Pupper because it is a fine pupper and the best Pokemon nicknames are portmanteaus.

Since I'm never going to use a Beedrill and Lickitung is such a rare capture, lets give Buzzta a few levels.

HP: 45 | ATK: 25 | DEF: 50 | SP.ATK: 25 | SP.DEF: 25 | SPD: 35 | TOTAL: 205

Kakuna is a cocoon, what more can be said?

HP: 65 | ATK: 90 | DEF: 40 | SP.ATK: 45 | SP.DEF: 80 | SPD: 75 | TOTAL: 395

Beedrill is a terrifying monster, it's a 3 foot tall wasp and that is something out of my nightmares.

See you later Buzzta, you probably won't be missed.

But why though?

HP: 90 | ATK: 55 | DEF: 75 | SP.ATK: 60 | SP.DEF: 75 | SPD: 30 | TOTAL: 385

Lickitung is another mono normal type that exists. It's based on both the lungless salamander and the Akaname, a monster in Japanese folklore with a long tongue that licks filth clean. It's kinda nondescript.

Ran into Krabby as we started surfing back.

HP: 30 | ATK: 105 | DEF: 90 | SP.ATK: 25 | SP.DEF: 25 | SPD: 50 | TOTAL: 325

Krabby is a crab, it evolves into Kingler which is a huge fiddler crab. It's sadly not great at the moment because we haven't gotten the physical-special split so it can't use its huge attack stat for physical STAB.
Eat that sand Krabby.

COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE

Lickitung comes with the TM for Dream Eater. Also I have a feeling that Yum Yum is a The Mikado reference since you get it off of a woman dressed in a kimono. I could be wrong though but it doesn't really matter since we're just going to go to the Name Rater.

poo poo name innit?

Good thing for Chloe Jessica that the Name Rater can change traded mon names.

We've got the money to move into the house on Cinnabar Island so fingers crossed there's something to it. Obviously I'm saving and reloading because that's a lot of money unless there is anything good.

Tiny room with nothing in here but it does look like there's a backdoor.

A cave with the TM for Rock Smash and a few rocks.

Also a hole that drops me back into the tunnel. What a waste of my time.

How exactly does one wrangle lava?

Some following Pokemon have unique interactions when you talk to them.

I will absolutely beat up an old man even if he has a cat and a dog.

loving BOOOOOOO. He's got a Slugma and an Oddish. This is more just a reaction to how every pokemon fangame has to have a pot joke which, I tell you what, has gotten real loving old.

Miltank might be divisive but Smacktose is a good cow.

Miltank learns Magnitude via the battle tutor. It's not as good as Earthquake but I already gave that to THE BOY.

OKAY HOW DARE YOU, SHE'S RIGHT THERE

To be fair though he does look a little like Hank Hill. Still I had no idea he had that to say. He's got a Quilava, Slugma, Flareon and Furret.

The old Gym burned down. My fire-breathing Pokemon and I were homeless because of the volcano... And we had to live in a cave! But then I had a great idea! Why not make the lava work for me? Now we're back in business and running the Cinnabar Gym! Hotter and better than ever! Ha! You'd better have burn heal!

Blaine is still bald as gently caress.

Slugma is very frail but survives a very low magnitude so that it can set up the sun.

Uh.... Smacktose just killed a baby.

Ooof, that hurts. A sun boosted flamethrower is pretty heavy damage. Smacktose drops it below half before having to be switched out.

Trooper would have been able to eat that much better if not for that crit.

Blaine heals up because the AI realised it was in kill range but we reply with two bubblebeams and move on.

Hail Satan baby. Houndoom is pretty good but became much better when it picks up Nasty Plot in gen 4.

Taking the chance to heal up and stall out the sun.

Dark type attacks are special in gen 2 so Houndoom does a ton of damage with a crit bite.

A non crit bite deals negligible damage whereas Trooper deals just short of half damage.

We let Trooper go down so that we can cleanly bring in Pikablu who outspeeds and sends Houndoom to the watery depths.

Blaine is honestly a pretty chill guy.

I did lose this time but I'm going to win the next one! We'll have to have a rematch! Oh, before I forget! You can take this TM too. TM38 is a blazing fire blast. You'd be surprised at how many Pokemon can learn this fantastic move.

Mewtwo evolved into Gyarados at the end of that battle. The plan was that it would reach level 20 before we fought Blaine but I was honestly sick of grinding for the day.

HP: 95 | ATK: 125 | DEF: 79 | SP.ATK: 60 | SP.DEF: 100 | SPD: 81 | TOTAL: 540

Gyarados is an iconic mon. Going from a weak, defenseless carp to a gigantic loving dragon. It really kicked into gear with gen 3 when it got the excellent Intimidate ability and then gen 4 when the physical-special split let it use its gigantic attack stat for water STAB.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Why yes Arceus is a very good game that I'm enjoying and I should've waited until I finished writing the update before I started playing.
I've also been playing Vampire Survivors which I heartily recommend getting.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 31, 2022

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The only fire type I've used in my main party was Alolan Marowak, and that was mostly because it looks cool as hell

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Miltank is indeed a very good cow. :3: I've had some fun times surprising friends in gen 3/4 battles with the Murdercow.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The upgrade card let's you look for specific Hidden Power types when chaining.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

The upgrade card let's you look for specific Hidden Power types when chaining.

That'll be it, useful for people finding mons for competitive but not really a big deal for a casual run.

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

Even without Nasty Plot, with the right set Houndoom is a serious threat in Gen 2, but of course most players won't find out since Houndour was exclusive to Kanto for...some reason. Going off of Misty's coverage I'm surprised this Houndoom didn't straight up have Solarbeam.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

FlamingRok posted:

Even without Nasty Plot, with the right set Houndoom is a serious threat in Gen 2, but of course most players won't find out since Houndour was exclusive to Kanto for...some reason. Going off of Misty's coverage I'm surprised this Houndoom didn't straight up have Solarbeam.

the dark type pokemon all were basically kanto region, the only dark type you had access to was umbreon in johto. Similar to how steel was largely gated off

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
You know, I only just realized when it comes to pokemon dogs:

Growlithe -> Fire

Houndour -> Dark/Fire

Poochyena -> Dark

Nothing really important here, it just popped out as interesting to me.

Anyways, still enjoying this romhack and LP. So many features, yet still manages to keep everything in relative control.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
that poor Smacktose-intolerant Magby :ohdear:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

UCS Hellmaker posted:

the dark type pokemon all were basically kanto region, the only dark type you had access to was umbreon in johto. Similar to how steel was largely gated off

Yeah it was ridiculous. Skarmory might as well have been introduced in gen 3 because it's a 5% encounter on one route in the game, Misdreavus has it even worse since it's only available in Mt. Silver.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

Skarmory might as well have been introduced in gen 3 because it's a 5% encounter on one route in the game
Once or twice I've genuinely forgotten it wasn't. I always associate it with that ash route.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Not realizing as a kid that skarmory can and will kick all kinds of rear end was the other thing. It's a murder bird that will absolutely wreck things if given half the chance.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Not realizing as a kid that skarmory can and will kick all kinds of rear end was the other thing. It's a murder bird that will absolutely wreck things if given half the chance.

Yeah, Skarmory's just weirdly unassuming for some reason. I always somehow overlooked it as a kid too.

Aside from Steel and Flying both having some hard hitting moves, its attack stat is pretty good. Skarmory's best stat is defense- so its even tankier on top of having the tanky Steel type that neutralizes all the Flying weaknesses aside from Electric.

Skarmory just kinda dies to any electric move though. :supaburn:

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 2, 2022

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If you want a gimmick flying type that doesn't get toasted by electric types you can get Gligar, but IIRC its moves and stats aren't that great in the base game.

this lp did inspire me to pick up this romhack, and Gligar can get earthquake and a couple other decent moves

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Gligar just melts to ice types

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Gligar just melts to ice types

And that is what we in the industry call "irony".

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Alright, we're making our way over to Fuschia City and I think we all know what that means. We've got a metric shitload of new mons coming up and they need names.

I will say that if nobody claims Doduo then it's absolutely being called Clarence

* Nidoran
* Nidorino/Nidorina
* Kangaskhan
* Cubone
* Slowpoke
* Psyduck

* Aipom
* Phanpy
* Girafarig
* Smeargle
* Chansey
* Dunsparce

* Exeggcute
* Teddiursa
* Heracross
* Bellossom
* Chikorita

* Tauros
* Yanma
* Skarmory
* Pinsir
* Scyther
* Tangela
* Doduo

* Larvitar
* Rhyhorn

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Cubone named Motherless
Tauros named Guernica
Larvitar named Big Dad/Mom

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
A Skarmory named Birdy!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Skarmory called murderbird

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
A Slowpoke named Quickdraw.

One day, it'll be the fastest water gun in the West. Just not today.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Rhyhorn named Number One

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Exeggcute name We

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

Odd Wilson posted:

A Slowpoke named Quickdraw.

One day, it'll be the fastest water gun in the West. Just not today.

If given a Quick Claw it could very well be the fastest Water Gun in the West!

I concur on the Rhyhorn name being "Number One".

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

If you plan on evolving Exeggcute it's gotta be Facepalm.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Quantum Toast posted:

If you plan on evolving Exeggcute it's gotta be Facepalm.

That's great

Panphy should be Babar

Kangaskahn should Noonien

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

7. DRUGSDRUGSDRUGSDRUGS

Just a shorter update but we can't just leave something set up without paying it off.

Pokemon Mansion wasn't as destroyed as you'd be led to believe. No trainers but still plenty of mons about.

Hehehe, pp.

There are a bunch of buttons. Thankfully the buttons are always pressed down once you press them and they're not reset when you leave the area.

That button opened up this shutter.

Oh. Ohhhhh. That's the TM for Solarbeam.

HP: 39 | ATK: 52 | DEF: 43 | SP.ATK: 60 | SP.DEF: 50 | SPD: 65 | TOTAL: 309

Right so Cyndaquil.... I'm ambivalent to it. It's cute yes but most starters are cute, I think it might be more I don't really care for Typhlosion.

Nuclear wessel

HP: 48 | ATK: 48 | DEF: 48 | SP.ATK: 48 | SP.DEF: 48 | SPD: 48 | TOTAL: 288

Ditto is the sex machine, it exists for Pokemon to breed with which is funny because it was introduced in the generation that had no breeding. Canonically it's the product of failed attempts to clone Mew.

THIS MON FUCKS, THIS MON FUCKS

We'll head upstairs next, this item is a moon stone. It's nifty but no biggie since we can buy it.

Hit the statue above and head down south and we can get some drugs.

The room above the stairs has another staircase.

WHO WOULDN'T PRESS THE BUTTONS?

Top gate gives us some more drugs, I definitely think that this place is a drug lab.

High level Pokemon on the third floor, everything is about level 32.

Southern Gate has the TM for Blizzard, I don't know who we will use it on but it's nice to have multiples.

Follow the southern path a little more for some floor candy.

Back to the second floor. The switch opened up these barriers.

Hell yeah, that's our second Fire Blast TM.

Yet more drugs are in the room above.

If you talk to your Pokemon then there's a chance that they'll have picked up an item. There are actually a few pseudo abilities that are programmed in and it's pretty neat.

quote:

Pseudo Abilities:
Bonuses applied when certain species are present in the party. These have no effect on battling.

Pickup: increases chance of finding a rarer item when interacting with the follower.

Found on: Meowth, Aipom, Teddiursa, Phanpy
New to CC: Murkrow, Swinub

Suction Cups/Sticky Hold: increases chance of finding a fish from 50% to 80% when in the first party slot, even while fainted.

Found on: Grimer, Muk, Octillery
New to CC: Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Mr. Mime, Tangela, Ditto, Omanyte, Omastar, Teddiursa, Shuckle, Aipom, Politoed

Compound Eyes/Super Luck: increases wild species held item chance from 25%/8% to 70%/20% when in the first party slot, even while fainted.

Found on: Butterfree, Venonat, Yanma, Togepi, Togetic, Murkrow
New to CC: Venomoth, Paras, Parasect, Spinarak, Ariados, Ledyba, Ledian

Flame Body/Magma Armor: increases happiness point steps from 1 to 2 while hatching eggs when in any slot in the party. This effectively halves the time to hatch.

Found on: Ponyta, Rapidash, Magmar, Moltres, Slugma, Magcargo, Magby
New to CC: Chansey, Blissey

We're going to quickly duck up these stairs to the third level.

Drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs

Back to the first level again! If we go all the way to the right and then down we can find the stairs down to the basement. But first

Steroids.

The basement is.. not entirely the same but pretty similar.

Pokemon are roughly the same levels as on the 3rd floor, Magmar being dramatically more powerful but thankfully slow.

There's a room in the middle with a max revive.

Hit this button to unlock the gate in the top right of the room.

There's not actually much in this section of the level, just a max potion and a cool looking machine.

Oh hello. A Pokemon has to dig here?

Looks like PALE SNK gets to come out of the box again.

You did good little buddy.

:3:

It looks fragile and is marked “DANGER!”

This seems like a great idea

It looks like... tiny lifeforms?

OH poo poo

EW EW EW

I'm okay little dude

Spooky. Also I think I need to see a doctor.

The nurse gave me your information. It seems that your Pokemon has been affected with what is called PokeRus. Yes, it's like a virus, so it's called PokeRus. It multiplies fast and infects other Pokemon too. But that's all it is. It doesn't seem to do anything , and it goes away over time. Since I'm the one who discovered it, the Pokemon League has me call any trainer who comes across it, to let them know that it's nothing to worry about! Bye!

Well that's neat. Back in the box you go!

-----------

Shorter update here, I wanted to knock out the Pokemon Mansion. I was also wanting to do the Seafoam Islands but I don't have strength yet. Also Fuschia City is going to be a big update thanks to the encounters.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

All these drugs, did we cross into Vietnamese Crystal?

Testekill posted:

THIS MON FUCKS, THIS MON FUCKS

Yes. Yes we did.

Can we call whatever you next catch that hasn't been claimed already Elf in acknowledgement?

also the Pokerus machine is pretty cool.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKTITUPusM

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm just writing the update up now but holy poo poo Shockslayer must love Pinsir, it gets so many coverage moves from the battle tutor along with Megahorn for some actually good bug stab. Also Dunsparce learns explosion for some fun times.

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

at least Pinsir can pretend to compete with Heracross now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I feel like we need a Tangela named Spaghet. And a Yanma named Commander.