Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

SG Bamboo posted:

Segment of the year - Mahiro Kiryu travels through space and time - TJPW Presents HYPE! A Hyper Misao Produce Show May 25th

This was loving incredible, a must see for any TJPW fan. Year of Kiryu baby, never wavered

Nth, it went from one of the funniest things I've ever seen in wrestling to a genuinely powerful and emotional character arc with an incredible ending. I want the world to see this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

Segment of the year: adam Cole’s birthday party, aew dynamite 7/5

nth, if I could nominate that entire match, the gym vignette, and the aftermath all together I would. probably the hardest I've laughed at wrestling in a long time

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

POTYC: Eddie Kingston tells Mark Briscoe to wrestle for the ROH World Championship in his place, Mark accepts, and Claudio Castagnoli responds. (ROH on Honor Club 7/6)

I don't really know how to describe this one but I think it can all count as one promo, but it completely sold me on the PPV with a single segment. Claudio especially cut one of the best promos of his career. Electrifying stuff.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Tag Team Entrance of the Year: VenYu (Yuki Kamifuku & ASUKA/VENY) (TJPW Summer Sun Princess '23)

Telephone by Lady Gaga, backup dancers of indeterminate gender that ASUKA makes out with, a bizarre homoerotic runway walk, this is what wrestling is all about

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nthing MJF, Ospreay/Jericho, and Christian Cage's promos from Dynamite last night, all POTYCs. Incredible night for promos.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Funniest retirement of the year: loving Gunner doing the boots-in-the-ring gimmick at a random indy fed on the day of All In.
https://twitter.com/Casshooole/status/1695949645812240503?t=FMewbaeCDfbOVIDMqwd0kQ&s=19

HM: Tyrus having the worst match of the year and losing a retirement match to give EC3 the NWA Championship

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nthing both Orange and Toni, just absolutely excellent stuff. The crowd going nuts after OC's last line was the icing on the cake.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

LionYeti posted:

Show of the Year AEW All Out 9/3/2023

The fuckin son of a bitch did it, one week booking the best wrestling ppv of the year.

yes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Promo of the Year: Konosuke Takeshita accepts Chris Jericho's challenge. (DDT Who Will TOP? 2023) (9/23)

"I WILL DESTROY LIONHEART. I WILL DESTROY Y2J. I WILL DESTROY PAINMAKER. I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. I AM THE REAL ALPHA."

:getin:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Punch McLightning posted:

Angle of the Year: Christian Cage gives a new name to one of his sons, Dynamite 11/22

Nth. Just fantastic stuff through and through up to and including Adam Copeland just turning Nick Wayne's head into paste in front of his mother.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Testekill posted:

Promo of the Year Candidate

Christian Cage apologizes to Adam Copeland, Dynamite 11/29

Nth, what a fantastic segment

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

holy poo poo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

Worst segment of 2023: Golden Jets/Big Bill and Ricky Starks - AEW Dynamite 12/13/2023

I had to turn the volume down and leave the room it was really embarrassing

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Bluejeans posted:

POTYC: "You boo a mother?! How daaaaaaare you?" (Shayna Wayne joins The Patriarchy - Collision, December 23rd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGbFuWIQmgM

Nth. Not only was every part of this promo, including Christian's lines and Nick Wayne's lovely grin, hilarious, it was also the perfect length. Another wild segment in a hot angle.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Alaois posted:

she's getting ready for an in-ring career, which will start when she gets fed up with being disrespected in an interview for the last time and busts out the Diamond Cutter (Shoulders Back Chest Out)

Pull that spine long!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

We are so lucky that Sting and Muta got incredible retirements back to back and got to be involved with each other in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

segment of the year: Jack Perry gets reinstated, aew dynamite 4/24/24

Jesus Christ nth